General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #16  
Losing tiny horses

S/C/G: 173/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I run into my ex and his new gf sometimes while i'm walking to work. It's so awkward. I'm happily engaged and have moved on. That was 3 years ago! I take solace in the fact that his new gf dyed her hair "red" and it looks orange and fried. Hehe.
carbstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:05 PM   #17  

Height: 5'2"

I know that pain all too well. I love my boyfriend and want to spend the rest of my life with him, but when my ex and I broke up it was a devastating blow to my ego. I think we like to imagine ourselves in an idealized manner, and even if we don't want our exes back, it hurts our pride to know that it's possible for someone to love again after losing us.

Last edited by HelloNurse; 01-27-2013 at 02:05 PM.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #18  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Awe hon, I know it's difficult emotionally. You are free now if you can see it that way, for your 'true mr. right' to enter the picture. In some way, when that happens you'll see this 'was best for you to find yourself and your prospective future love.I had a similar thing happen when I got w/ my hubby, the last love had moved on, it hurt but I realised to want him was going to hold me back, there opened a place in my heart and bam, I found my hubby. Just be patient, I know it seems trite to say it but time is a good friend, also you'll be a happier you, once 'he' enters your world, with yourself, your journey will have you the best you possible.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

That's one of the things I'm dreading with my best friend (the most recent guy I dated and was/am in love with). I want him to be happy, but he was supposed to be happy with ME dang it

In a way, to me, it always felt like if a guy could move on after me, then clearly I wasn't all that important to him. But that's just my warped head. So don't listen to that one.

I'm sorry you're hurting! Just keep telling yourself that Mr. Wrong had to leave for your Mr. Right to come, and Mr. Right will know what a catch you are!

A friend told me this when I had a similar conversation with her, and it's stuck with me: Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean you weren't good enough, or that something was wrong with you. You just were not the right tool for the job. There's nothing wrong with a Philips screwdriver- some jobs just require flat head screwdrivers.

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote