General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #16  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

I can't do it... (I'm 212). But no way do I think that there is any such thing as "too fat" to wear heels! It depends, larger women than me seen fine wearing them, I can't wear them if I'm above 150, go figure.

I say, if you like wearing them and you're not injuring yourself (as in I'd always do leg stretches like you do after a workout after taking them off as you're contracting your muscles when you wear them... at least it feels like you are?) then WEAR THEM!! Beautiful shoes are one of the great things in life we can enjoy, so if you can wear them and you want to, then do! Your clothes are an expression of your personality, wear what makes you happy. Shoes included!
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #17  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Um... What was that about your boss telling you you're ruining the carpet? Everyone's beating up on the hubby, but what about this boss person? Is the floor actually being damaged?
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #18  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Krissy View Post
Um... What was that about your boss telling you you're ruining the carpet? Everyone's beating up on the hubby, but what about this boss person? Is the floor actually being damaged?
I ignored that because it comes across as shenanigans to me. Someone that's 230 lbs and 5'10" isn't going to damage the floor. Floors can stand up to a lot more than that. Think about furniture or high volumes of traffic. Those are much worse than a, in the grand scheme of what stuff weighs, not very heavy person occasionally walking across.

I don't think the OP really is curious, but just in case, these are my fave heels. I could wear them all the time. Well not for running, but they are so comfy.
Nikel1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #19  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Krissy View Post

Some responders may not have noticed the comment about the boss (I didn't). This is an entirely seperate issue, and to be honest while I'd be more angry if my husband told me I was too fat for something, I'd be more likely to change my behavior for a boss, whether or not the comnplaint was legitimate.

If the boss doesn't want you wearing heels at work, whether for a legitimate or frivolous reason, I'd be inclined to yield to the boss's preference. In this economy, I've seen many people fired for much less (and for nothing at all).

On your own time, though I think you should wear what you like and feel comfortable in.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #20  

Did he mean from a fashion standpoint or he thought the heels would break/ hurt your feet? I've definitely don't think from a fashion standpoint anyone could ever be too fat for high heels.

However, they aren't great for you feet! I'm less than 200 pounds and I personally don't wear them because they aren't comfortable for me. If they don't bother your feet though, more power to you!
CabernetKitty is offline   Reply With Quote