General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/217/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Let's talk about your 'do (hairstyles!!)

Sooooo, I'm in the mood for a new 'do. I have long hair now - guess it goes just past the ole' bra strap. I've worn pretty much the same hairstyle for 10 years. I used have the Jennifer Anniston "Rachel" back in the day and it grew out into long layers that I liked. It's very hard finding a stylist that knows what you mean when you say "long layers." Everyone says, "Oh I know just what you mean" but they leave the hair all one length with MAYBE just one layer that is 1/4cm that the rest. So I move on to a new stylist - same thing...every time.
Fast forward to now - I'm stuck at my 20 pound mark due to a stress fracture - just gained back 4 pounds while on a vacation
I need a pick me up. I am now thinking about getting Jennifer Annistons NEWEST haircut. Have you seen it?
What is your style???
chickadee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

PHP Code:
Everyone says"Oh I know just what you mean" but they leave the hair all one length with MAYBE just one layer that is 1/4cm that the restSo I move on to a new stylist same thing...every time
For this reason I invested in a couple of those celebrity hair style magazines (or found a pic online & printed it) to show exactly what I have in mind so I don't end up with what they think I am asking for.

My current hairstyle? Long Layers For me that is bangs that hit just below my eyebrows, graduating to layers that start by my ears ending just past my shoulders. I tried to post a pic but it won't work. Either way, good luck. A new hairstyle is a great pick me up IMO.
Wisertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #3  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

Do you mean the barely-shoulder length cut? I think it's cute! I always find it hard to imagine what celebrity haircuts would look like on me, though. What kind of face shape do you have?

I personally like to have the ability to put my hair up if I'm working out/it's in my way, so I have a longer version of hers. Used to have side bangs, but I let them grow out (again, in my way ) so they're about chin length now. I'm thinking about getting a new 'do for school, too, so I'm interested to see what others say!
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #4  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I've come to the realization that I have a mental block against having long hair...my father insisted when I was little that "girls are only pretty if they have long hair," and refused to let me get mine cut. It was down past my butt, snarled horrendously easily, and it was just infuriating that I wasn't allowed to cut it. I chopped it to my shoulders when I was 11 and it hasn't been much longer than that since then. My boyfriend chopped off 21.5'' of hair before joining the Navy, so I was TRYING to grow mine out because we were joking that ONE of us needs to have the long hair in this relationship...but when it hit shoulder-length, I freaked out and chopped it again.

You can see it in my avatar, but right now I have a razored layer-y bob thingy going on. Since I don't know sh** about hair and am not fluent in the same language as the hairdresser, I brought pictures of what I wanted with me.

Do you have a picture of your face/shoulders? That might make it easier to suggest a style...
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #5  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Default re:

FYI - if you have thin fine hair, do not get layers. It will look even more thin :/

Why not try a shoulder length style first - maybe just a bob of your long hair? It's amazing how much more free and windy your hair can be without that extra 6 inches weighing it down.

That's what I did at least, cut off 6 inches and went with a straight just below the shoulder blonde highlight/lowlight bob.

Last edited by Vex; 08-19-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/217/145

I do not have fine hair at all. And I have taken pictures with me of the hairstyle i like, even pictures of myself when the layer were just right. When that "Rachel" haircut grew out - there were several layers and I loved it. But then going back to get a trim - and keeping my layers - that's where the problem starts. And each stylist will say "Oh yes, I understand" - and I tell them that the stylist before them "swore" they understood but didn't do the job right. I bet I've tried over 20 people in the last 3 years and nobody has gotten it right - okay well ONE person did but apparently she was fired. I guess I will just suck it up and try this new 'do - if I don't like it - it will grow back. I also like to put my hair up when working out and think it will still be long enough to get up off my neck. Hotaruchan - cute hairstyle!
chickadee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I have long boring hair and I don't want it short but I don't know how to make it more interesting.

krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #8  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Krampus, your hair isn't boring. You have an awesome fringe and nice layers... and that gorgeous face, too! I think you look fantastic!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #9  
Restarter

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130ish

Height: 5'4"

I agree! Krampus has super cute hair!

i am tryig to grow mine out (again!) and just had it all cut to one length since it was getting a littel scraggly... it's about chin length, I guess, a bit longer and i hate it. I feel like i look 10 yrs older than i am ! I suppose that's the pains of growing it out : (
Alba09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

My hair has no body so I can't do much with haircuts except long and straight. So I do fun stuff with colours. For my recent Vegas trip I had it coloured in different shades of red with pink highlights in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hair.jpg (33.8 KB, 34 views)
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #11  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I'm trying to grown my hair out from a pixie cut

Here's a shot of my 'long layers' Sadly the pink streak wasn't permanent, but it was fun while it lasted. http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...pics/004-2.jpg

When I was young and had more money I collected ornamental haircombs {think Downton Abbey} and when I got the pixie I couldn't wear them. I liked it for the ease for styling but I miss my combs.My hair is just long enough for a French Twist and I can wear some of the smaller ones.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 09-05-2012 at 03:42 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

katbot Have you played around with velcro rollers? They take some practice, but I use them to give myself extra volume sometimes.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 183/166.6/130

Height: 5'4"

I too am growing my hair out from a pixie cut. While I loved the cut, I can't wait to have long hair again. Hopefully in just 2 or 3 months I can get a cute bob, I'm so tired of this awkward stage it's in.
Eilis2914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #14  
Carrots? Meh...

Height: 5'6

I've had long hair all my life, from just below the shoulders to below my tailbone. About two years ago I got tired of working with it - it's very, very thick, frizzy and a pain to manage. So I cut it all off

I now have short, almost pixie-style hair that looks much better on me than long hair ever did. My real color is light dirt road brownish grey (that's a mouthful ) with some almost white streaks - I inherited my fathers hair. So I color it a little lighter and during summer months it bleaches to a very nice sunny blonde.

No plans to go back to long hair.
Silly Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote