General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-31-2011, 10:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

Here is my tooth fairy costume:

I bought the wings. I made the apron, crown, bracelets and choker. All the teeth are made out of felt and stiffened to stand up. It was really fun to make. Everyone liked it at work.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:29 PM   #32  

This is my costume. I cannot express how much I hate this picture - the costume is SLIGHTLY too big and in the process makes me seem WAYYYY bigger than I am - which is ultra depressing. Plus, the black tights make my left calf look INSANELY huge, which it isn't. It's actually, in reality, about an inch smaller around than my right leg (which is mostly because of the post-thrombotic syndrome I have left over from my blood clots nearly 2 years ago).

I look in the mirror and I don't see a girl that big - yea, big, but not like that. So weird.

Anyway, excuse the look on my face - it was taken around 9 a.m. after I had already been up for almost 3 hours getting ready.

On the bright side - our department at work won the hospital-wide halloween costume contest. "most creative" I think - maybe even "most participants" (we must have won that one b/c Health Records didn't win and they have 3 times the staff as us and many were dressed up). We all dressed up as Bees. Initially they were going as Staff Infection, but b/c I had already bought a Bee costume, the idea generated into bees. So there was a "Bee-Witched", "Spelling Bee", "Bee-Loved", "Queen Bee" etc. Pretty nifty! Though our picture was taken for the hospital newsletter while I was moving the car :S So I'm not in the picture

Last edited by Rainbowgirl; 10-31-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:55 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

Rainbowgirl- I get the early AM thing. I wasn't in the best mood either. I wore silver high heel sandals and did my toe nails light blue the night before. I messed the big toes up and was going to fix them in the AM. I got up early to redo them and then I put my shoe on before they were dry and had to redo them last min again. I tried to do them and finish them off with a quick dry but it finished off the top and the bottom was squishy. they ended up lumpy and wrinkled. I usually pride myself on keeping me toenails good. Halloween drama indeed.
I like your bee costume and like that you got everyone in your department to dress as bees.

Last edited by Madame Souza; 11-01-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #34  

Madam Souza - I can not even imagine how frustrated I would be if I had been you. The walls would have blushed, I'm sure. I am so not a morning person - I got to work at 10 both today and yesterday and I don't remember ANY of it until about... noonish.

Here's another (interestingly better, in my opinion, even for crouching) picture taken about 20 minutes ago: (you can see Nilla is THRILLED lmao)

It was really cool that the department dressed as Bees and I'm glad that the development of going as Bees worked out so well!

What made you decide on the Tooth Fairy?
Old 11-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #35  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Ok, here is the whole clan - Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, Woody and one of the aliens from Pizza Planet:

berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #36  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

What a cute family photo!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #37  

That alien is CUTE! So is little Buzz!