General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

lol..we had these two ladies walk into my clothing store with a tiny dog on a retractable leash. One was a dashound and the other looked like that dog Frank in Men in Black? Like a tiny boxer?
Anyway they were running all over the place sniffing and such, and I told the ladies that dogs were not allowed in our store..

They had the NERVE to try and say they were service dogs, and I was about to let it go since people sue over everything here.
One of the ladies must have been mad over my gall at trying to kick their dogs out and informed me that we were a dog friendly mall. She than asked in a voice filled with acid, "I'm sure you were not aware of this?"
I informed her that the mall used to be dog friendly, but we had new owners and they didn't want dogs in most of the stores. I showed them the sticker on the door indicating no dogs.
They huffed and puffed over it and I told them if their dogs were service dogs (yeah right.) than all they had to do was put the vests on them showing they were working and no one could kick them out.

They left and packed their dogs in the car and didn't come back.

People lie all the time and we are left cleaning up pee and poo that their dogs leave in our store. I am glad for the new rules and it gives us a leg to stand on when people are stubborn.
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalZ10 View Post
lol..we had these two ladies walk into my clothing store with a tiny dog on a retractable leash. One was a dashound and the other looked like that dog Frank in Men in Black? Like a tiny boxer?
Anyway they were running all over the place sniffing and such, and I told the ladies that dogs were not allowed in our store..

They had the NERVE to try and say they were service dogs, and I was about to let it go since people sue over everything here.
One of the ladies must have been mad over my gall at trying to kick their dogs out and informed me that we were a dog friendly mall. She than asked in a voice filled with acid, "I'm sure you were not aware of this?"
I informed her that the mall used to be dog friendly, but we had new owners and they didn't want dogs in most of the stores. I showed them the sticker on the door indicating no dogs.
They huffed and puffed over it and I told them if their dogs were service dogs (yeah right.) than all they had to do was put the vests on them showing they were working and no one could kick them out.

They left and packed their dogs in the car and didn't come back.

People lie all the time and we are left cleaning up pee and poo that their dogs leave in our store. I am glad for the new rules and it gives us a leg to stand on when people are stubborn.
LOL;; they were clearly lying. That's funny to me. LOL.. People think that just because they're in love with their dogs & they don't mind dog hair & slobber all over the place that others don't mind it either.. lol
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Crystal, those people sounded so rude!
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #34  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Living in southern (dog friendly) California Angie and I take our dogs with us to beach cafes for breakfast after our walks and to outside seating patios for dinner in the spring/summer sometimes...

our dogs are always next to us and we NEVER allow them to bother anyone!

They are our dogs and we love them but also know not everyone likes them!

although most everyone loves our golden retrievers!....wink

MARE ~even though we met outside...at the beach...you notice we did not bring them with us! lol....
I wouldn't have minded if the restaurant allowed them. I have a problem with people ignoring signs that state that NO ANIMALS are allowed. I have a problem with people thinking that it is OK if their dogs jump on you because they want to play. I have a problem with dogs drooling on produce at the market. I have a problem with people who expect everyone to fawn over their dog. That's all.

You are the exception because you are a considerate owner. Considerate of both your dogs and other people.

That said, I have a problem with people who assume they can walk up and pet any dog around. Not all dogs want the attention of strangers. I also dislike people who feel they can feed a dog anything. Not every pet owner lets their dogs, or cats for that matter, eat just anything.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #35  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by P H A T View Post
LOL;; they were clearly lying. That's funny to me. LOL.. People think that just because they're in love with their dogs & they don't mind dog hair & slobber all over the place that others don't mind it either.. lol
This made me think of something that happened at a winery. Some woman came in carrying a little barky dog. She was told to leave it in her vehicle. She refused saying it was a seeing eye dog. When she left, several of the winery people reported that she was driving and the dog was sitting in her lap (which is ALSO ILLEGAL in Calif). Someone said, "Well, I hope that dog can drive!"
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote