General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/150

Height: 5'1"

Default why is this happening???

new nursing job just started 6 wks ago was working 35-40 hrs and going well-3 miles from my house, nice office, nice ppl and patients, free lunches, ok money for new nurse so last night I find out that they had to restructure the entire schedule so my 40 hr work wk gets knocked to 19 hrs this week!!!!
we are so behind financially already because of lack of work while I was in school and are slowly bailing out of this hole we are in then this bs. I was barely able to hold my tears back last night when I saw the new sched-tears were burning in my eye sockets. went to the manager and she said that unfortunately I was the last hired..then the tears came and I couldnt stop it. I felt so stupid and unprofessional-been sick to my stomach since last night about it. so back to pounding the pavenment-looked the entire summer just to get this god-send(or so I thought) of a job. just needed to vent....
futuresize6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Sorry to hear about your job. But looking back, a few times my jobs changed or companies closed etc and it turned out better for me in the long run.
But at the time you get pannicky and upset. They say things happen for a reason - so hang in there and it will all work out. Good luck.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I am really sorry that happened to you don't feel bad about not being able to hold back crying in front of the manager, maybe it will show him/her that you are desperately needing the hours and maybe something can be done to accomodate you...I congratulate you on doing the schooling to be a nurse, that coudnt' have been easy... I hope something changes to make things better
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #4  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

It always happens for a reason. My fiancee lost his job that had great perks, and was close to the house. They are outsourcing. Anyway, he found a new job, with much better pay, and we can relocate to San Diego, which we wanted to do anyway but were not sure how that was gonna happen.

At the time though, it was SO hard to deal with but now, its all good Hang in there it will get much better!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Just do your best and you'll eventually get more hours. Think positively and banish those negative thoughts!

I'm sorry you are dealing with this- it's always hard to hear bad news at work. I got laid off at a job and was devastated but NOW I'm at a job that's way better- things always work out.

Last edited by beerab; 10-27-2010 at 01:50 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote