General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Exclamation Ugh! Anyone else under a T-watch from this big storm?

I hate bad weather like this, when HUUUUGE storms roll across the country for hours on end... I'll probably be up until 8AM watching the news channel. I just can't sleep through the night when there's possible tornados afoot. They did say it shouldn't really "start" until noon, though, and I suppose if we make it to the 4pm mark without a problem out chances are good-ish. I'm just so nervous. I got down to 170 on the scale today, and I don't want to mess this up by "nervous eating."

Last edited by yhahmd; 10-26-2010 at 09:27 AM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:34 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'm in MN on business - no tornado warnings as yet, but winds gusting up to 60mph and heavy rains.

I'm from CA! We don't have weather like this! I identified the nearest tornado shelter, just to be on the safe side
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
I'm in MN on business - no tornado warnings as yet, but winds gusting up to 60mph and heavy rains.

I'm from CA! We don't have weather like this! I identified the nearest tornado shelter, just to be on the safe side
Good ! We just stay home, we're dumb. No basement, either, but our house is made out of brick... I get so nervous during this kind of weather. I hate it.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #4  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

in the ohio valley here....only slightly concerned.....i'm really gonna be p.o'd if bad weather screws with my bingo night 2nite LMAO.... you all stay safe out there today!
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

North Central Illinois here and I think I just saw Dorothy and Toto go flying by.

@yhahmd : I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry too much.

for hitting 170 and for recognizing a trigger in the anxiety the storms bring. You know that it'll be an issue so you can watch for it.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #6  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

We have the same weather forecast here today and I'm terrified of windstorms! A few years before I was born, a tornado destroyed my family's farm and left my grandmother paralyzed, so I grew up seeing lots of horrible photos and hearing very scary stories.

Just remember that eating isn't going to make the storm go away. I try to find something to keep myself busy and distracted...and I do NOT check the weather station every 5 minutes no matter how much I want to.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #7  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipernoswiper View Post
in the ohio valley here....only slightly concerned.....i'm really gonna be p.o'd if bad weather screws with my bingo night 2nite LMAO.... you all stay safe out there today!
Ohio valley for me too! And I LOVE a good storm! I love that I have a window in my office today! I love the fear, the anxiety, the wondering...but I always pray that in my delight no one gets hurt or loses their home. But if everyone can come out of it unscathed...bring it on!!

I was about 20 feet away from being IN a tornado in 2000 and I didn't see anything. I have always been so disappointed about that! I can't understand how I saw nothing. It was a popup tornado with no warning and I was behind a semi, so I couldn't see. A car three cars in front of me was picked up and thrown into a fence and two churches to my left were demolished...and I saw nothing.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #8  

It's moving in closer We have a high wind warning, a severe T storm warning, and a tornado watch
Old 10-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #9  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I'm in NE Ohio here, and we have watches... but, nothing fun.

I work for an electric utility, and there's no going home tonight. Good thing DH works here too, so at least we both won't go home... lol.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Central IN here and we had wind and rain, but it has passed by for now.
We have taken shelter many times with tornado warnings. Only once was really scary as it took out a line of trees which we could see from our house. (As I was closing our window it blew out the screen and blew the window off the track so I couldn't close it. I ran for shelter and had a mess of water to clean up later.) BUT..thank goodness no injuries and it didn't last long. We were later told it was not a tornado, but straight line winds that downed the trees. I still wonder because the sky was so green and I have never seen winds like that.

We need the rain so badly...I just hope no one is injured.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

They just said the worst of our weather has moved east and we are under no warnings. Yay.

Hope you are all okay too.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #12  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

years ago we were getting ready to move into an apt. we were so excited to finally be approved and get to move. (this is a different home than where we are now.) then a tornado came and damaged the apt complex, including the building we would have been in. alot of people had to move out. i felt really bad for them. after some delay to repair the buildings and new stuff inside, we moved in i think 3 or 4 months later. we got first pick of which apt we wanted upstairs, down, etc. we chose downstairs. i always thought there was little chance for the tornado to do damage again. it rarely ever hits the same place twice. that was comforting to me.

other than that, i generally don't worry too much about tornadoes. just go inside. if it seems like it's serious, me and the kids hid in the bathroom for a bit once. that doesn't happen often though.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #13  
Diet and Exercise!

S/C/G: 185/165/135

Height: 5'3"

It's just hitting here in Cincinnati!

I'm from CA originally, so actually having weather is new to me.
fatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #14  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

High winds here in Iowa. So much for getting my hair done today!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #15  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Talking 80 Degrees in Boston

Boston area here. Unseasonably warm at 80 Degrees F. Clear. Walked to the gym in T-shirt and shorts.

[Sorry. Sometimes it just happens.]

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 10-27-2010 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Mispelled Boston, LOL.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote