General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Default Really frustrated!

In a post the other day I did express that I AM a hypochondriac (maybe not legit but I might as well be!), but I actually DO suffer from idiopathic hives. I get them when I'm in the shower sometimes, in hot, cold, or lukewarm water, and I get them on hot days out in the sun, and sometimes when I exercise. They can cover my neck and chest and sides of my face, and my back. They itch like crazy.

Anyway, I take allergy pills to rid myself of the symptoms so I can exercise. We recently had company over, a few weeks ago. I'm 99.9% positive one of them actually STOLE a good deal of my pills. The day they left, I came in to grab them (I leave them in my room, otherwise I can NEVER find them), and only found 10 pills. I'm down to 2 pills today, and took one because I want to exercise today.

It doesn't really seem like a huge deal to take someones allergy pills- but when they break out in hives so easily, and can't even take a SHOWER without them (I've taken 3/- 2 1/2 minute hours before, believe me, it's hard, irritating, and very pre-planned, most of the hairwashing is done in the sink because it's just too long and would take too long in the shower) it's a little irritating!

So now I have to wait until payday so I can go get some more, and until then I only have 1 pill, and a sinus headache building.

Anyway... just... complaining I guess. I Feel like it's a legit reason not to exercise, but then again I don't want to risk it after I run out!

Ughhh. My arms is itching really bad. I scratched it earlier and I can see a hive beginning to form. If I leave it alone it will go away but SOOO itchy.

Last edited by yhahmd; 10-22-2010 at 11:01 AM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:49 AM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I had that one summer! It was the strangest thing! Every time I got just a little over heated I broke out in hives, usually in the sun, in the shower or after sleeping. I only had it one summer and was never treated for it.

How ridiculous that someone stole your pills, regardless of what they were for! That's just wrong.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
I had that one summer! It was the strangest thing! Every time I got just a little over heated I broke out in hives, usually in the sun, in the shower or after sleeping. I only had it one summer and was never treated for it.

How ridiculous that someone stole your pills, regardless of what they were for! That's just wrong.
It's so strange, right? I thought it was because of my weight! I guess I'll find out when I get out of the obese range. And if I had known she had a problem with pills (we still don't, but I mean, why else would she take them without asking?) I wouldn't had left them out. I just always leave them there, and didn't even think about it.

Last edited by yhahmd; 10-22-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

No, I don't think it's weight related. I was at my smallest between high school and college, pretty small back then. They say it's chronic and some people get it as a reaction to their body temperature rising. For some (like me) it goes away rather quickly and never comes back. For others they may have periods of remission for 10-30 years. I think it may have to do with a sensitive nervous system. I get overloaded by touch and sound. Loud sounds bother me quite a bit, I can't stand getting my teeth cleaned because I'm so hyper sensitive and anything sticky bothers me. Oh, I can't stand filing my nails either. It's like nails on a chalk board...which doesn't bother me. LOL!

I've never met another person that had it.

Last edited by Eliana; 10-22-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
No, I don't think it's weight related. I was at my smallest between high school and college, pretty small back then. They say it's chronic and some people get it as a reaction to their body temperature rising. For some (like me) it goes away rather quickly and never comes back. For others they may have periods of remission for 10-30 years.

I've never met another person that had it.
I never even knew it existed. Everyone told me I was crazy and it was just heatrash, and that I needed to use lotion when I got out of the shower. I found a small online community of people who suffer from it, after nearly a year and a half of searching, but I don't visit very often anymore. Some people suggest that exercising, or introducing yourself to the heat/sunlight actually helps, because we "don't sweat." Since I've been exercising regularly, I've begun to sweat, which is a great feeling.