Old 11-28-2006, 04:06 PM   #1  

Default Really frustrated..how do I tell the COD to back off?????

Today is officially 5 weeks on LAWL for me. I lost 12 pounds the first 2.5 weeks and since then have pretty much maintained...I've been up, down, up, down, but all within a pound. I have had a couple of cheats here and there, but for the most part I have been sticking to my plan.

Here's my issue: I have been exercising a lot. I'm exercising more than I have in my life. I'm taking classes at my gym and I'm doing things I didn't know I could do. I feel strong and I'm proud of myself. I'm sure this has a lot to do with the fact that I'm not dropping weight right now. My pants are loose, my inches are down, and I am fine with it....BUT the ladies at the COD aren't. They keep telling me I need to not exercise so much, and I'm just not willing to give that up. I don't care if the scale doesn't go down fast. Every time I see a new counselor they tell me the same thing and I'm sick and tired of hearing it. No one is going to convince me that exercising is bad for me.

I have told them that I'm fine with the scale moving slowly, that I know I'm dropping inches, and they won't back off and keep telling me to slow down my exercising. What do you think I should do? Should I talk to the center director? I think I want them to put a note in my file that says I'm not willing to cut down my exercise so please don't ask me to. I'm so frustrated!!!!

And one more thing....12 pounds in 5 weeks is not too shabby if I do say so myself, so what the heck is their issue?????
Shell72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

Wow! I know exactly what you are going through. I had the same problem until I found a COD that actually KNEW how important exercise was. Also...I bet you could make them shut up by telling them that you want to be a svelte *goal weight* instead of a flabby goal weight. I attribute my being in a size 10 at 175 pounds to exercise. Also, maybe you aren't eating enough..they finally moved my plan up and I haven't plateaued since (when I stay perfectly op). Otherwise you can tell them where to go
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:17 PM   #3  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

They are dumb!!! I think it sucks that they are not supporting you in your venture for better health. Do remember, they are not dieticians, and they are not exercise phsiologists..........they work for LAWL....and LAWL is a business.......and they do have an ultimate goal...to make $$$. I would definitely talk to the manager, or the director, or whoever you have to. Don't give up........and remember, the turn over is quick.....so hopefully you will see some new faces there soon My COD has already changed managers once, and there is only 1 face that has stayed the same since I started 5 weeks ago. Also.....come here for your real support!!! These ladies know their stuff!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Ditto what the other girls said. Also, since you are on week 5, did they take your measurements at the beginning? They are supposed to do it every four weeks. A lot of times you will have to remind them. I say make them measure you. The inches lost should show up there and will go in your chart. That should shut them up.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:32 PM   #5  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

This thread must look so funny in the New Posts forum . . .I can just imagine what folks think looking at the title . . ."Does this person actually talk to her seafood? Is it just cod she had a problem with? What about halibut?"

Sorry. couldn't resist.

As for your question . . .stay firm. Have them do monthly measurements so you and THEY can see your progress. The weight will follow eventually. And really-you're doing great. It's perfectly normal after losing a big chunk to hang steady for awhile anyway. Just make sure you're eating ENOUGH food.

The CODs are so weird about exercise. I don't discuss it much-since they told me I couldn't count my 10-15 HOURS of walking I did every week for marathon training towards the 5 hours of exercise required to move up a plan because (wait for it . . .) WALKING WASN'T CONSIDERED REAL EXERCISE!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:42 PM   #6  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

OMG, Juliemarie.......you kill me.........you absolutely must be a "How I Met Your Mother," fan!!! I am!!! I am still laughing!!! You are a smart *** just like my sister!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:43 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie View Post
I don't discuss it much-since they told me I couldn't count my 10-15 HOURS of walking I did every week for marathon training towards the 5 hours of exercise required to move up a plan because (wait for it . . .) WALKING WASN'T CONSIDERED REAL EXERCISE!

Are you flipping kidding me? That's ridiculous!!!!! I'm sure your marathon training was the same as a leisurely stroll to the mailbox?

Thanks for the support ladies. They did take my measurements the first day and I will ask them to retake them tomorrow. The whole thing cracks me up. Can you imagine a physician telling a person in my situation not to exercise???? CRAZY!!
Old 11-28-2006, 04:49 PM   #8  

And thanks for the laugh on the fish, Juliemarie...just what I needed today.

I had no idea these posts went to a new post forum. I always wondered why people who aren't doing LAWL were offering advice in some of these posts....I was thinking, sheesh, they have a lot of time on their hands to be perusing different plans and offering advice!
Old 11-28-2006, 04:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

And a few, if not most of all the CODS should not be in the business of casting stones in their glass house. I guess ignorance is bliss. Who wants to be x number on scale, but still look pudgy? Julie..you should have asked her what real exercise is?
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:12 PM   #10  
Let's try this again . .

Buffy-i just basically had to keep my mouth shut cuz I was SO angry i would've said something pretty insulting to her . .

Shell-yeah-it took me awhile to figure that out. Kinda why Pearl suggested we put LAWL next to our avatar or in our sigs. I like to put LAWL in the thread title to avoid the confusion. Just click on NEW POSTS in the purple bar at the top of the page and it'll take you there.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:01 PM   #11  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Juliemarie, you're right about the seafood thing, lol! It's why i read thread
And why on earth is walking exercise? It's not like you're walking to and from the fridge!!!

And no, exercise is wonderful. Do those people knwo what they are talking about?
hoodj0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #12  
Let's try this again . .

hood-they just want to keep your stats at a 2lb a week average and exercise messes that up sometimes . . . .
Old 11-28-2006, 07:04 PM   #13  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Tell them to have the WOOHOO stick ready for your measurements.. I think a good retort for the next negative would be to say my physician only endorsed this ( because at my initial meeting I had to sign a form giving them permission to inform my doctor I was on the plan and it was okay to do so.. which I'm so sure they did NOT do) because he/she was told it was using real food and a lifestyle change. Any dietician, nutritionist, doctor, newshow, anything will tell you to get moving to lose. You can be a bean pole and not be healthy in the same way some larger people have very healthy readings.. it's not the fat that sits on you it's whether it is your body is healthy. All these people that are reading You on a Diet by Oz know that measurements are the key to knowing your health in a weight related sense. I would also say I didn't just make a lifestyle change to what is on my plate, it's the selections I'm putting on the plate and what I'm doing before and after I eat. I would like to go to your COD and shake the WOOHOO stick to wake em all up.
Main thing is you KNOW you are doing the right thing, the inches are coming off and you are gaining your health..Please ask them to show you their medical statistics showing that exercise is not beneficial to you and I'm guessing they won't be running to pull their degree out of their desk drawer.. if they don't like the question tell them to post their concerns on here and ALL of us that are doing and living the plan would be happy to advise them... okay I'm done my rant now..
Stay doing what you are and we are all here ready to applaud your efforts and see your inches lost..

GO GET EM GIRL!!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:48 AM   #14  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

It is sad that some counselors cannot moderate their 'canned' answers. My COD doesn't care that I am working out - actually most of the counselors that have asked me usually say 'yeah, I should start too'. Of course, I also haven't told them the extent to which I am working out, my bad.

The fact is, YOU know you are beter off this way. Phooey on the COD.

JM - Hysterical about the seafood thing! One time Bajachick mentioned that she took the COD out for dinner and I actually thought. "wow, she really likes her counselors" !! HAHAHAHAHAHAH. Dumbafoo me.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:04 PM   #15  

Default Breath-a-cise

HA! Walking is not exercise! Who are they kidding? Do they still pass out the Breath-a-cise tape when you join? Maybe I'm crazy but I never thought that would work!!

quirkyK is offline   Reply With Quote