General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

I agree Courtney, I have thought that too! Last week one of the men lost 16lbs! I mean, really, is that healthy? If it were one of us posting on the board that we had lost 16lbs in a week, people would be thinking you were starving yourself, or doing something very dangerous.
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #17  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

I feel so out of it. When did it start?
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 192/150.5/135

Height: 5 feet, 4 inches

I love the show, but I think two hours is just tooooo much. I fast-forward through most of it.
Randi34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:20 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

I watched it once or twice over the last couple of seasons and, to be honest, I find it somewhat disturbing. I get that it's a game but when you're messing around with someone's health? I don't think it should be a game to the extent that they play it out.

Also, as others have said, it bothers me that this competition encourages people to be disappointed in a 10lb weekly weight loss. What? 10 lbs is a huge amount of weight to lose in a week and, despite medical supervision, is it really a healthy weight loss? Are they really learning sustainable "real world" life changes?

I think it sets an unrealistic example for weight loss. While they're on the show their only job is to lose weight. In the real world we have jobs, kids, responsibilities and a million other things to consider/fit into our daily schedule. Losing weight and exercising can and should be a big part of my life but it can't be the only thing in my life.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

For the same reasons others have mentioned, my interest has waned considerably.

These people have been given a chance most of us would love to have, but they whine about the hardwork that is required, the changes they need to make. Get over it.

Also, during the eliminations, they act as though they really, honestly are being eliminated, like being taken out back and thrown down the abyss from 300 or something....

Sure, the game is a big part of it, but I also wonder if it fosters some unhealthy obsession with numbers over health.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

I understand that it's a tv show and no matter what they say, it's not about saving lives or teaching or feeling good or a better life or anything else like that - it's about getting viewers and selling products. I expect a certain amount of manipulation, awkward stilted dialogue around whatever they're selling, manufactured drama, and big impressive numbers (because otherwise Weight Watchers would sell spectator's passes to their meetings - but who wants to watch people slowly and sensibly lose .5 pounds a week? No one) but the fakey fake fakeness is just OVER THE TOP. It's not even pretending to be real anymore. And if they're not careful, they're going to kill someone one of these days.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote