General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-23-2010, 01:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'5

Default I Killed a cold in 5 days!

On Saturday, I started with a tight chest cough, the few days before I had sneezing.

On Sunday, I decided to make a thick green Shake in the am, all veggie. I drank it.
I went to work...
3 hours later I threw up at work, and had chills and sweats, sneezes, coughing...YUCK!
It subsided, I made it thru work...

On Monday, I laid in bed and sat around all day.

But I did this:
Rubbed vapo rub on my chest
boiled water and added oregano, and inhaled it
ate half of one yam/sweet potato
drank 1 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar in some water thru the day
Fasted with grapefruit juice (pure no pulp at all, juiced) diluted in h20 for reduced sugar... Fasting helps the body get to work to repair other issues
Did not eat real solid foods and drank lemon rind with water instead
I ate garlic and spicy peppers
I also put drops of Hydrogen Peroxide in my ears!
On Tuesday,

I did the same as I did on Monday, by afternoon I felt good to go run errands...
I also put a wet paper towel folded soaked with Apple Cider Vinegar on my chest between my breasts under my bra...in my cleavage area LOL!
Wednesday, I was back at work at 8 am, I kept up the oregano steam and the Apple Cider Vinegar drink plus vapo rub, and I ate hot and spicy. Plus the Apple Cider Vinegar on my chest between my breasts under my bra...in my cleavage area LOL!

Tonight I still have a Little congestion and a wheeze but I feel better for sure!

Last edited by chewy; 09-23-2010 at 01:44 AM.
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/145/135

Height: 5'5

That's pretty awesome!
I'll definitely be remembering this for my next cold..

Thanks ;-)
Kaala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

That is about the span of time my colds last anyways so I will stick with letting them run their course lol
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The average cold lasts about week (give or take a few days), so a 5 day cold isn't unusual at all. You may have eased your symptoms, but you probably didn't shorten the cold very much. Still, symptom relief is a good thing.

Everyone's immune system is different too. My hubby rarely has a cold that lasts more than 4 days, while (until recently) mine usually lasted a minimum of two weeks. He did nothing for his colds except occasionaly use of Actifed, and I had a whole regimen.

My colds often turned into bronchitis (and at least once a year pneumonia). I never knew what a "normal" cold felt like or how long it lasted until I had sinus surgery and got off meds that were causing me lung problems (NSAIDS for arthrits - no doctor ever mentioned that my "asthma" could have been caused by these meds, they just kep prescribing stronger asthma meds, and as my arthritis got worse, stronger NSAIDS, and then even stronger asthma meds...).

Now I'm off both asthma meds and NSAIDS, and now I rarely get a cold, and when I do it only last 4 to 5 days instead of 14 to 40, even if I do nothing differently.

I do still push more fluids and eat spicy and garlicky food for symptom relief (and because I like spicy garlicky food, and a cold is a good excuse). If I'm super congested, as a last resort, of sorts, I'll drink cayenne lemonade (not particularly yummy, but not so bad if I'm desperate enough). It really helps drain the sinuses and relieve the pressure of a severe sinus headache, but thankfully I don't have to resort to that very often anymore.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #5  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

We do some similar things because I'm big on taking garlic, spicy foods (or just cayenne in my tea) and GINGER when I get a cold or flu. Ginger is a big one for me, and I make fresh ginger root tea and also grate about a tablespoon of ginger root, pour honey on it, and eat it (just swallow- raw ginger is too hot to chew).

I do have a question- what does putting apple cider vinegar on a cloth on your sternum do? Everything else I more or less understood, but...???
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote