General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Um no! I figure that I will probably end up telling my husband after I get closer to goal. The only people who know my starting weight are all of you. He does know how much I have lost so far, but that's it. He has no clue when it comes to weight and I'm pretty sure he would be shocked if I told him the number...just like I was!
cabinwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:27 AM   #32  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

At first I never told him my weight but now he knows. I figure if I can come here and share it with everyone why shouldn't he know. It's not that he cares to know, just when I started losing I shared. He loves me the way I am.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #33  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Yep! And he always has
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #34  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

For at least the last 20 years, I've not been shy about my weight to anyone. Anyone who asks (even if they're trying to be rude), I will answer honestly (and if they're obviously trying to be rude, I'll add "so what?").

I met my husband through an ad I placed in the local newspaper/online personals. In the ad, I stated my approximate weight (I don't even remember if I rounded up or rounded down, to the nearest 5 lbs).

Through our relationship, I've told him my weight (current at the time), as well as how much I've lost, many times, but that doesn't mean he pays attention. I doubt that he could tell you my current weight, my highest weight or how much I've lost, but that's because he doesn't care.

I really don't understand all of the secrecy around women's weights - it's not like you can HIDE excess weight. It's either hanging off your body, or it's not.

Unless your husband is blind, he's going to see that you're fat (and even if he's blind, he's going to eventually figure it out). Why on earth, does the number matter?

I also HATE when women cut the tags out of their clothes so they don't have to see the size (or for fear, someone else might). I hate it, because I shop second hand stores quite a bit. I can't just look in the sizes I'm most likely to fit into, I have to go several sized down, because of the clothing that has been donated (or given for consignment) has the size cut out - and the owner of the clothing tells the shop clerk that the garment is a size several size smaller than it really is.

The first time I found garments with the size cut out, I thought the person removed it because it was scratching the back of their neck (only to realize that more often than not, the label was cut in a way that made it MORE aggravating).

I was shocked as to how often this happened, and have talked to the clerks in the second hand shops, and they told me how annoying it is to THEM, because it happens so often, even in the regular and tiny sizes. Trying to determine what the actual size is, so they can display it on the right rack, is time consuming, so they'll often just display it in the size the person tells them it is, even if they know it couldn't be true.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #35  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I really don't understand all of the secrecy around women's weights - it's not like you can HIDE excess weight. It's either hanging off your body, or it's not.
I can't agree more. I reached my highest weight when I was not with my BF (we broke up and haven't had any contact for about 2 years) but I was already quite chubby when we were together. When we got back together a few month back, I told him how far my weight had climbed. I don't see what the big deal is. I know how much he weighs (he is also trying to lose weight) and he knows how much I currently weigh.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #36  
Results Are Typical

S/C/G: 232/217/180

Height: 5' 1.5"

What a timely question since I had to weigh myself to complete my registration. I was quite pleased to announce my starting weight to my husband since it was 18 lbs less than I thought it would be. He thought that was just great and sees me as nothing less than perfect. He's a good guy.
honeybjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 181.4/176.8/140

Height: 5'2"

nope, but I wrote it down in a sealed envelope of gave it to him. so that I can prove how much I lost in the end. He said that we would take me on a cruise for our anniversary if I lost 40 pounds.
northcarolina RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #38  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

yes, he does. The very first time I weighed to start my weight loss journey he was there with me.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Yes, After having my #4 child I wept when I found out how heavy I was 210 lb. So 5 months later we both decided that it was time to lose weight. We bought a Wii Fit and both were there for each others shocking results. We took before shots of each other, he was disgusted with this idea but now he looks back and realizes how far we've come.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:02 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 182/135.4/132

Height: 5' 4.5

My husband has never asked, which is fine with me. He probably knows I am kind of sensitive about it since I am the only family member who has their Wii Fit profile locked with a password. Although, if he did ever ask I imagine I would tell him. But if it never comes up, that would be good too.
lovingsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #41  

Height: 5'4"

I have never told my husband my weight. When I was in labor with our first child and the anesthesiologist asked my weight, I made my husband cover his ears. He didn't know my weight when we met and I was at my lowest weight as an adult, and he didn't know my weight a year ago when I was at my heaviest as an adult (even higher than pregnancy with baby #2)! I don't know why, it's just the one thing I'm very private about. I suppose it's linked with the idea that I'll just stop getting on a scale myself if I don't want to know what my weight is.

It's not like he's an idiot, I'm guessing he has a pretty good idea of my weight. I just don't want him to know the official number.

I do know his weight, he just doesn't care who knows. I wouldn't care if he didn't want to tell me, but he just announces it. The funny thing is, our BMIs are almost the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
Heavens, NO! I am getting a Wii fit. Can anyone tell me if I can set it to not announce my weight?
There are different things you can do. I would recommend not setting the program up if anyone else is around, because you'll do a body test and that'll give you your weight and BMI. I still only do the body test when I'm alone. If there are other people around you can skip the body test and just do the training sessions. It'll count the exercises you do, but it won't get your weight. And I think when I do a body test I can do it and just get my BMI instead of my weight but don't quote me on that.

When other people are using the Wii Fit I think there is a graph that everyone can see to show the trend in how much weight you lose or gain, but I think everyone's starting point is the same (so my husband's starting point is the same as mine even though he's 50 lbs more than me).

And you can set a password so no one else can access your info. I did this and my husband, as I mentioned above, just doesn't care. He thinks it's silly that I did since it's not like he's snoopy or dying to know my weight, but I just feel better. What if we have guests over and start playing? I would die if people I knew IRL knew what I weighed!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:56 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

absolutely not! I messed up and got a scale that saved the last weight on it and panicked, threw it out and got a more basic model so there would be no evidence!
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:58 AM   #43  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Height: 5'0"

Yes, my husband knows how much I weigh. He follows my blog, for one thing, and that's the place I really lay it all out there. I can't think of anything we're not willing to share with each other or won't talk to each other about, to be honest.
MakingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 225/202/150

Height: 5'4

I just asked him. He guessed lower than my weight, than higher. lol. So he didn't know until I just told him. Kinda uncomfortable telling him just now. But oh well. He's seen my big fat butt naked, and jiggling. lol. It doesn't really matter. He weighs more than me anyways. lol, which is how it is definitely supposed to be! He didn't judge me, which made me feel good.
Joey
minijaxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:12 PM   #45  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

yes mine knows, and to try and make me feel less embarrassed he went on to explain to me I hide my weight very well.lol.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote