General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-03-2010, 04:32 AM   #16  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Mine does. He’s very supportive. He needs to know because he eats like a horse and is constantly bringing junk food into the house and I don’t want to be tempted by all his food but since he knows I am trying to lose weight he’ll help make sure I don’t eat things I shouldn’t. Before I moved in with him I never ate fast food and I hardly ever had junk food in the house but since being with him my eating habits have gotten so much worse. He still brings junk and fast food home but at least now he knows I’m trying to be healthy, he’s more considerate. Plus, it helps having someone else keep tabs on me, if only a little bit frustrating at times. lol
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:03 AM   #17  
Be happy.

He knew at the time, whether he remembers or not now, I don't know...
I don't think the number was as shocking or important to him as it was to me.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I told her when we decided to start losing weight...but only because I needed her to understand that it was going to take me a much longer time to complete my journey than hers would.

At this point, I don't care. Its not like she hasn't seen me naked; whats a number?
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:26 AM   #19  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

I'm too obsessed with losing weight that I tell him everything and constantly ask if he can see if it is gone. Ouch !! gotta work on being fit, dieting, while being to really just focus on my normal life. He is supportive, but if I slip on my diet he is also supportive in buying me too much junk food.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:34 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

Ahem. H*ll no.

I weighed a heck of lot more than him, and I don't plan on EVER telling him.
I have instructed him clearly that if he's ever guessing my weight, he better guess kindly and then SUBTRACT. I am vain.

However, I did recently see some new pics from a friend of mine at my all-time-high, and he was right next to me, smiling, hugging me... I was so emotional after that, I could barely say "Thank you" to him, and explain why.
I have never been made to feel anything less than sexy, and while he acknowledges how heavy I became and how far I've come, he always adds, so quickly, how beautiful he's always found me. It's good motivation.
He deserves a smoking hot wifey.
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 244/232/160

Height: 5'6

There is no way I'd ever tell him. He really tries to be supportive, but sometimes I just want to smack him. He doesn't realize when to stop. I know I am overweight, quit reminding me with all of your "trying to be helpful stuff.". He knows I am over 200, but I don't think he realizes by how much. I have never been a skinny person, but to weighing 60 lbs. more than him sometimes sucks. Thats why I am here, so I can finally get to a weight I am happy with.
miatutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #22  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I never told him but the back of my ID card at work says my weight (grrr) and he was looking at it and I almost DIED- I was so embarassed- but he said it didn't matter to him and gave me back my card.

I guess the fact he still wants to sleep with me means it's true lol
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #23  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

He does NOW. But until I'd lost about 40 lbs or so I was too embarrassed to tell him.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

He never knew. I told him I was 150 which to me was HUGE but I was really 25 lbs heavier. When I finally really committed to it is when I told him. I needed him to hold me accountable. I get not wanting him to know though!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #25  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My 140 lb husband certainly knows that I used to weigh 360 lbs and he knows I'm just over 200 lbs right now. I really don't see why I'd keep it from him. He knows I've lost 150 lbs and he is good at math

I weighed around 290 when we started dating and I had told him at the time that I had lost 70 lbs but I didn't tell him how much I weighed. I think I was around 260 when I told him.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Dh knew from the beinging and still knows what I weigh. Well, I tell him (or he hears it when I talk to the scale .) I don't know if he'd remember if I asked him how much I weigh though.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #27  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

No way! When I first started playing wii fit I refused to play till i could set up my profile alone. I also lied about my height so no one could unlock my password and I used very random numbers for the pw. Would he have tried to peak? No cause when I played I asked him to let me weigh alone and he would. When I got my new scale the other day I asked him to weigh himself on the new and old one and let me know what the difference was and hes like Ill tell you mine if you tell me yours. I didnt want to know his I just wanted to know the difference in scales! lol He told me anyway but I didnt say anything but I did wanna sell unfortunately I weigh more then you!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

These responses are interesting to me....My husband has known my starting weight all along, he also knows my current weight and many many other embarrassing things about me. I tell my husband everything(really) sometimes i probably give him way way too much information

I saw no reason to hide my starting weight, from anybody. It's embarrassing, but hey it's reality.
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #29  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I've never told my husband... When we started dating a long time ago I believe I told him how much I really weighed at the time. A year later, I did mention to him I had gained 50 pounds... He knows how much I've lost and I tell him the last number on the scale every morning (he asks). I thought by now I would be comfortable telling him, but I'm not. When I hit goal I will have told him... I'm embarassed to have him walking around knowing how large I had let myself become. Then again he showed me a photo of myself the other day that he'd found of me at my high weight- GROSS!! I couldn't believe it. I don't even recognize me in the photo. I plan to get it printed and I'll carry it in my wallet forever.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:09 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

my boyfriend knows... when i started i was afraid to tell him, but then when i lost my first 10 lbs i was excited to! now i tell him pretty much every time i weigh, lol. he's a good supporter!

Last edited by kuhrisuh; 01-05-2010 at 06:13 PM.
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote