General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I got to meet Ben Jones AKA Cooter of Dukes of Hazzard at Cooter's Place in Gatlinberg TN..it was pretty cool....he was super nice and so is his wife..
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #17  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Leslie Nielsen (actor, the Airplane movies) at a restaurant in Toronto. He was super nice and gave my step daughter his autograph.

Bruce Cockburn (singer, Wondering Where the Lions Are, Lovers in a Dangerous Time) at a shooting range north of Toronto. He was a *fantastic* shot.

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver having lunch with their kids at The Four Seasons in Maui. Loads of security present!

Last edited by Fressca; 05-06-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #18  

I met " The Woz" , Steve Wozniak. When I was in college I worked at a bunch of different catering companies to supplement my puny college income. He had a Christmas party at his house and I got to work there. When he spoke to me, I was totally Geek struck! He is an icon around here. At the same party I met one of the 49ers, Keena Tuner and for those that have lived in the bay area and might remember, Carol Doda was also there. The perfect 36 in San Jose, if that rings a bell with any locals!
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:21 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

I metKurt Busch, my favorite NASCAR driver a couple of years ago. I watched a filming when I was around 12 years old of a movie where Ricky or David Nelson was either in or directing. I was not that impressed obviously, considering I can't remember which one it was and what they were doing
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #20  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I've never really "met" any celebrities, but one of my former jobs had me in close proximity of many musicians, commedians, actors, etc. Because of the type of work it was, I had to blend in like wallpaper. I can't say I witnessed and poor behavior by anyone I encountered. Some of them looked really strange close up. A lot of the older musicians that were out touring (like Gordon Lightfoot, Meat Loaf, Dan Fogelberg before he died) looked like the road hadn't been too kind to them! LOL
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:50 AM   #21  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Nick Stahl was one of my students when I was teaching. (He had already been in several films at the time and I have to say that Nick is one of the kindest souls I have ever met.) Mary Lou Retton went to the same school I did.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 05-07-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #22  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Being in New Orleans & having a press pass for concerts (my fav perk for having a planetarium that had sponsored laser rock shows) I got to met a lot of celebrities. The most memorable for me was meeting the guys in Metallica, they were very nice and totally not what I expected
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #23  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

hmm. when i was in la a couple years ago jason biggs (from american pie) bummed a cigarette off me. then we chatted for a bit about the east coast (he's from jersey).
in college i once hung out in jesse bradford's room. he was in bring it on. not sure bout anything else. also i met anna paquin cause she lived in my freshman year room two years after i did so i went back to "visit."
i used to work in music so through that social scene i have hung out with butch walker (mostly a music producer) and conor oberst (bright eyes). guess that's it. none of these people are super famous. more like quasi celebrities.
oh! i've met ross perot. heh. and during an internship in dc (almost 10 years ago exactly) i had a working group meeting with nancy pelosi and about 5 other people. it was held in her office. this was waaay before she was the political star she is now.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:10 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 240/240/175

Height: 5'9

My husband works for John Deere and Deere does a lot of sponsorships for concerts in our area. We've met several country artsists (those are the concerts we chose to go to). We had dinner with Alan Jackson and Sara Evans, we've spent time with Alison Krauss and Union Station, and Kitty Wells (and Johnny Wright)(old country) are my husband's aunt and uncle.
While we were vacationing in Hawaii in the Spring of '08, Montgomery Gentry was in the same hotel as we were and we chatted with them for a couple of hours while we were all in the pool and in Hawaii we also met David Beckham (he was drinking orange juice in our hotel lobby). My parents are friends with a man named Dave, they met him several years back while horseback riding one week in northern Florida and as they started becoming better friends and spending more time together they found that he was close friends with Tom Selleck and my parents have since ridden with TS on several occasions. It's quite strange to pick up my dad's cell phone and see Tom's number stored in there! lol
jessica1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I used to work in an upscale men's clothing store in San Antonio and had quite a few celebs shop there.

Tommy Lee Jones only wore, at that time, Johnston & Murphy shoes, so he would come in about once a month when he was in town. I've heard he's a jerk to people, but he was always super-nice, but maybe that was the drinks we served while he shopped. I also helped most of the San Antonio Spurs as we had the best big & tall section in town. David Robinson, Sean Elliot, Tim Duncan, Steve Kerr. Max Lucado was a frequent shopper as well.

DH was in a band and we got to party with a bunch of Texas Country legends; Willie Nelson, Gary P. Nunn, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Highspeed Hayride and etc.

There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men were both partially filmed in our county and DH and I ended up eating at restaurants within feet of the cast. I never saw either, so I don't know who was who.
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

When I was 18 years old I met Emmit Smith and David Justice at an Atlanta Braves game it was a surreal moment especially since I did not know who they were.

When I was in college my suitemate was dating and is not married to Peyton Manning. I also had a class with Peyton Manning.

When i was 20 years old i went to New york and was selected to play a game on the David Letterman show and met Dave Letterman, Chris Farley and the Gin Blossoms.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

When I had an internship at Apple, my office was directly beneath Steve Jobs', so I'd see him around the elevators a lot. One day we ended up walking out to the parking lot together, and he actually struck up a conversation about how nice the weather was!! I wish I'd said something cool, but no, all I could come up with was, "Yep, sure is!" and walked off. Sigh. :P
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #28  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I met KJ who used to play for the Phx Suns. I even got his autograph!!! This was like way back in the day.

And later this year, I will meet some of the guys (and girl) from Twilight, at the Twilight convention in NJ!!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #29  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I have seen a few famous people, but the only one I have ever had a conversation with is Aaron Lewis from Staind. He's a sweetheart.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #30  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

See, I had an entirely different Metallica experience. James Hetfield lives in my hometown. I was behind him in line at a Baskin Robbins, where he was very, very rude to the cashier, and even pulled the "Do you know who I am" card to move to the front of the line. The whole thing really left a horrible taste in my mouth.

I've met Robin Williams (also pretty local to where I grew up).

My father in law is the one with the real stories. He does high end residential real estate and has worked on projects with a ton of people. Luckily, he's not easily starstruck, as it would be unprofessional to fall all over himself with the really famous ones (though he tells us about these people and we DO fall all over ourselves...)

The other people I've met are more specialized...Broadway fans might recognize Jim Poulos (Rent, Big River, other musicals)...Bobby McFerrin (jazz singer).
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote