General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #31  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Nope, never met a celebrity.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 205/159/140

Height: 5'7"

Akon at a private party on a private island which I was staying on for a week or so!
Shakira at an after party too
Met alot of models at Fashion T.v Parties
Must admit I love partying!!
Lovely91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #33  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Jay-Z...Vegas 2001 @ the Bellagio. He's really really really skinny and tall in person. Poor thing was wearing three t-shirts.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #34  
I love being a mommy!

Height: 5'3"

Working in NYC, I've met my fair share of celebs....Jon Stewart, Liv Tyler, Slick Rick, Kam'ron, Kathie Lee Gifford, Anna Sui, Thom Felicia, Angie Everhart, Ashanti, the actors from The Odd Couple, Jerry Springer, some guy from Baywatch, Drew Lachey, and assorted people from reality shows like Real World, etc.
GirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:30 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 260/234/140

Height: 5'4"

Does a president count? I've met George Bush, Sr. twice. The second time I was older, so he just shook my hand. The first time I was in the fifth grade and he gave me a big hug.
craftykath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:26 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Tom Brokaw - He spoke at a thing near my college when his book about the forgotten generation came out and the hotel asked the Student Services guy for volunteers to hand out programs and take tickets. We were picked. It was really interesting!

Megan Mullally and Debra Messing - We were in NYC the night that Eric McCormack was opening his run with The Music Man. We were able to get cheap tickets to go see it and when we went to pick up our tickets, they were both there to pick up their tickets. They were both so nice.

Anne Curry - We went to the Today Show that same time as The Music Man and she was awesome!!!! She came over to us because we had a sign about graduating college later on that week and spent a good amount of time at the end of the show talking to all of us.

Tons of figure skaters - Most of the ones I've met, most people have probably never heard of, but some of the more famous ones would probably be Kristi Yamaguchi, Tara Lipinksi, Kurt Browning, and Scott Hamilton.

Anthony Rapp - (The original Mark on Broadway from RENT) We were at some Programming Board convention in college and he was there. we were talking to him and it wasn't until halfway through the conversation that it clicked how I knew him...haha.

Bobby Orr - He was at a charity golf tournament that my friend and I went to. My dad had said before we left that if I came home without Bobby Orr's autograph, I wasn't going to be let back in the house. I told Bobby Orr that when I asked for an autograph and he laughed and said that he didn't want to be responsible for me being homeless. LOL

Derek Lowe - Red Sox pitcher a couple years back. He was a jerk though...haha

Last edited by Chele615; 05-08-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 228/184.7/145

Met Tom Arnold and Johnathan Silverman at a club several years ago. Through horses I have met Eartha Kitt, William Shatner, and Carson Cressley (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). I met Ted Danson and Mary Steenburgen at a restaurant. The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) used to work as a personal trainer at a local gym where my best friend worked, so we hung out with him pretty frequently.
steph324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #38  
Workin' It

I got stuck on an elevator with one of the older Dr. Who actors. Didn't watch the show, so didn't know who he was.

Brent Spiner, when I was leading a backstage tour at the theater where the STNG cast was putting on "Every Good Boy Deserves Favor".

Made John Smoltz wait at the drive through window while I checked his $100 bill he paid with a counterfeit bill pen. Didn't recognize him.

Wouldn't take a $4 check from Chipper Jones when he came through the same restaurant, told him we had a lot of trouble with checks bouncing, suggested he just take the meal and bring me back the $4 on his next visit instead. He snickered a little and assured me his check was good, but understood my position. Brought me back the cash later in the day. Didn't recognize him either.

Several Falcons players I don't know the names of even now.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #39  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
My father in law is the one with the real stories. He does high end residential real estate and has worked on projects with a ton of people. Luckily, he's not easily starstruck, as it would be unprofessional to fall all over himself with the really famous ones (though he tells us about these people and we DO fall all over ourselves...)
I'm not sure there is anyone who would leave me starstruck. I think celebrities are kind of like Costco samples, best to leave alone and let other people fight for them
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
I'm not sure there is anyone who would leave me starstruck. I think celebrities are kind of like Costco samples, best to leave alone and let other people fight for them
Oh, that made me laugh!!!

Not to hijack the thread, but why on earth do they have to set up the sample tables where they'll ALWAYS cause a traffic jam?

Celebrities? I can't say I've MET any, but we sure see plenty here.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #41  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

The only time I got REALLY starstruck was for a celebrity chef...I'm very Food Network motivated.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #42  
No description available.

Who was it Amanda?

I met Junior Seau and Luc Longley....and I'm not a huge sports' fan.

One of my patients met Christian Bale once....does that count for anything? Of course I am less impressed with him after his tirade.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #43  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Morimoto, from Iron Chef. I didn't even meet him, just heard about FIL possibly meeting him, and I squealed like a girl.

Come on! He's an IRON CHEF! He's probably BFFs with Mario Batali and Cat Cora.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #44  
No description available.

I love Morimoto, too! Definitely squeal-worthy!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #45  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Oh Junior, I've met him but before he was a Charger. We grew up in the same neighborhood, although he is 6 years older than me (he was in the same classes as my aunts that are 6 years older)
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote