General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 11:36 PM   #1  
WW is for ME!!!!!

Default Walking Sandals?

My family and I are going to Walt Disney World in June and I am looking for a good pair of sandals to break in in time for our trip. I wear a size 12, wide width. Does anyone know of any good places to get some. I need a pair that will not leave blisters and have good support. My feet are going to be in pain from all the walking due to my weight. Thanks for your help!
Old 05-10-2002, 11:21 AM   #2  

I have terrible trouble with my feet. When I went to Disney last year, I wore trainers the whole time. Not very glamorous but I couldn't bear to get blisters and spoil the fun.
Old 05-11-2002, 06:21 PM   #3  

I have a pair of TEVA's that I absolutely couldn't do without. I wore them to Universal and Seawoeld last year. A little pricey but worth it. This is my 3rd summer with them.
Old 05-11-2002, 06:43 PM   #4  

Try the Walk Shop located in Berkeley CA.http://www.thewalkshop.com/main.asp

They have fabulous shoes and do mail order.
Old 05-13-2002, 03:53 PM   #5  

my teva's give me blisters. however, i love my birkenstocks. but if i were going somewhere that had a lot of walking, i would just wear running or walking shoes. or maybe look at some rockport shoes...those are always comfortable for me, and you can check in the men's side for larger sizes (though i have found they have a decent selection of larger women's sizes).
Old 06-14-2002, 12:25 PM   #6  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

This might come a little late, but I love Reebok and Nike's sandals...they are like the "bones" of a trainer, without the extra material. I also like Nike Prestos A LOT, they are light weight, support your foot really well, and you don't wear socks with them so they are cooler than regular trainers. Get the ones for men if you have wide feet (I do).
Old 07-28-2002, 08:56 AM   #7  

This is probably too late for your trip but thought I'd share what I've been wearing for the past couple of years. I bought a pair of Nike Air Deschutz sandals on closeout at the end of the season. They are the kind you can get wet in, hike in, etc. They have adjustable straps across the foot and around the ankle to ensure a good fit. I absolutely love them. We went kayaking a couple of weeks ago, I wore them the whole time & my feet were not shriveled like everyone elses who had on tennis shoes. They work great on rocky surfaces as they have a v. solid sole. I use them for swimming, hiking, just about anything you can think of. I only wear them for those type of outdoor activities & don't wear them all the time. I figure I need to look for a replacement pair at the end of this season, though. Hope you had a good trip to Disney World!
Closed Thread