General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

LOL..TXJESS! I don't follow trends, I wear what I like whether it's in or not.

In the winter time I want to be warm and the boots keep me warm and in the spring/summer you will find me in exercise clothes 95% of the time.

And speaking of headbands...I LOVE them, lol!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #47  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

TBG -

I can't remember the last time that I didn't shower before going out. I just feel gross and self conscious if I don't.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning at 8 - My family was the only one not wearing pajamas or lounge pants. I don't understand it.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Oh gosh, things I wore in high school and/or Jr Hi: long shirt over leggings or stirrups, intarsia sweaters, big bangs (well, I tried anyway), perm, acid wash, tapered jeans with zippers (and in colors and/or with stripes), shoulder pads, (fake) Izod, lace, jellies, paisley, hi-top aerobic shoes, something ripped (including jeans!), roach clips on clothes, brooches, see-through purse, loafers with a penny. Somethings more Jr Hi - Jessica McClintock, knickers/coulottes (not undies), asymmetrical ponytail.

Things I wanted but I'm not sure I ever had: 501s, Jordache or Sergio Valente jeans, topsiders, Swatch watch.

I few of those are still around or sorta coming back. Some not!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:19 AM   #49  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
crocs have been banned from my house and my families feet. life is ugly enough without those...
I totally agree What's even worse is seeing them on men...I get grossed out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
My daughter thinks it's totally normal to go ANYWHERE in her pajamas.

I remember several years ago meeting my daughter in the morning when she was UCSB...so many girls in their pj's walking around campus. I said..."Oh cool, they wear their pj's to the cafe to get breakfast"..."Uh no dad...they are going to class."

Where do kids get these ideas? I wouldn't be caught dead in pajamas outside of my house (unless it's just to get the morning paper).

I make the 30 ft dash in my boxers every morning!

On the other hand, she thinks I'm weird when I wear a coordinated workout outfit to run errands in (think Nike: grey pants, yellow and grey sleeveless top and yellow jacket--it's cute!).
I don't know why she thinks that is weird ALLISON...I am sure that outfit has a very mom-ish look to it
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:20 AM   #50  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Can't wait for my flaired colored cords to come back in style....like I could fit in them!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:52 AM   #51  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

hey i have a pair of flaired colored cords! they're rust colored and i love them! i also love the Dr. Martens- all I ever wear for the most part.

haha I was totally a grunge and alterna girl in high school- vintage velour sweaters, i had a pair of rust colored bell bottom polyester leisure suit pants - they were my favorite thing ever! and ooh the flannel i would wear. with combat boots and dresses and thermal underwear all in one outfit. lmao.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:08 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 195/162/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
I never had any use from them when I lived in Arizona. But when I moved to Washington, I bought some. They are really warm and comfy. I wear them out here in MD too. I hate having cold feet because when I do, it will take me forever to get warm!!!!

Although..I must say, I dont get why some people wear them out in warm weather. I wore them on a plane trip to WA to AZ one year, and omg that was a huge mistake. I had forgotten that it does warm up in the middle of the day in Az. I was sweating sooo bad with those damn shoes on.

Oh..I have several pairs (brown, tan..and now black) I also have slippers in pink & brown.
I agree, they're perfect for washington weather, and still pretty lightweight. I won't deny they aren't the most attractive looking footwear, but since everyone else wears em...no ones gonna look at you funny
figureskater546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:10 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 195/162/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Can't wait for my flaired colored cords to come back in style....like I could fit in them!
i was wearing a pair of those yesterday...but im pretty sure they had their comeback a few years ago, i just loathe pants shopping so i tend to wear the ones i have forever
figureskater546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #54  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Personally,

I don't care about fashion or what is 'in'. I do care what is available to me in terms of clothes and shoes.

I wear jeans but I like to wear jeans that flatter my body and look nice. I'd be a it annoyed if I went to the store and only found bell bottoms or jeans with rhinestones.

I wear casual shirts but not really tshirts, some are. I like to have casual 'nice' tops to wear.

I work in the corporate world and we are required to wear business clothes. I don't have to wear suits but I can't wear jeans/casual pants/casual tops. I need to dress up a little bit.

I buy shoes although my choices are limited as I only want to buy 'cruelty free' shoes which is already difficult and I have wide feet. I have had some luck so far.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #55  

Uggs have been pretty big in Canada for about 3 years I'd say, well, in Calgary at least. I've never owned a pair -- I don't really get it. I think I see one nice outfit that goes with them in every 5000 people I see. Plus, when there's snow on the ground that fuzzy material looks like it soaks up water or the salt on the roads discolours them...ugly. Can anyone tell me, are these things actually water proof?
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #56  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Since they are sheepskin, I'd guess they are waterproof or water resistant at least. Kind of like sheepskin condoms.

I haven't actually seen anyone wearing them around here, I had only seen them around 15 years ago.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:28 PM   #57  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Since they are sheepskin, I'd guess they are waterproof or water resistant at least. Kind of like sheepskin condoms.

I haven't actually seen anyone wearing them around here, I had only seen them around 15 years ago.
the boots or the condoms? lol!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote