General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #31  
Randi

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"ish

OH and Layri Dr. Martins have some hot pink combat boots if you're into that kind of thing
ForeverLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:44 PM   #32  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I saw someone wearing the flip flop ones in the store today. They do look warm but slippers should be worn at home.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #33  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLove View Post
OH and Layri Dr. Martins have some hot pink combat boots if you're into that kind of thing
i have those..not in hot pink, but just plain pink, lol
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #34  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLove View Post
this sounds good to me!
I'm on my way to check it out
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #35  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Are combat boots back as well?! It is as I had feared, the 80s/early 90s are coming back. Which means I'm getting old

Although I much rather combat boots be back than uggs. I used to wear clunky shoes (as my mom would call them). Not combat boots but just a bit clunky.

Please just keep headbands, leg warmers, stirrup pants and spandex shorts/pants in the past

Last edited by nelie; 12-12-2008 at 05:44 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:46 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Are combat boots back as well?! It is as I had feared, the 80s/early 90s are coming back. Which means I'm getting old

Although I much rather combat boots be back than uggs. I used to wear clunky shoes (as my mom would call them). Not combat boots but just a bit clunky.

Please just keep headbands, leg warmers, stirrup pants and spandex shorts/pants in the past
Not the 80's! While the music was great we looked horrible with those huge shoulder pads!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #37  
I wanna be a loser, too

Dang! I just got my hair cut really short yesterday! I could have let it get big! I really shouldn't have cut it. My ears are cold now.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #38  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Please just keep headbands,
leg warmers,
stirrup pants and
spandex shorts/pants in the past
back
back
back
back

oh yeah, we're old-ER. (I think from your posts that we are close in age-me-39 this feb)

I show this video in a prepared childbirth class that I teach. It was filmed in 1987 or 9?
One of the moms has a mullet (back), wears one sided earing larger than other (thankfully not back) and she is nursing the baby who is not in the shot but her sweater is off one shoulder (back). I usually apologise for the age of the video and then ask people if maybe they weren't aware b/c the styles have become current again (they are aware).
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:02 PM   #39  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

The music of the 80s was awesome but the styles were horrendous.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #40  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

I have seen that video and the woman who taught the class I went to was very apologetic for the age as well. My husband and I giggled the whole time at the fashions. It was awful.

Regarding crocs, they just don't seem comfortable to me. Maybe they are but I wouldn't know because they've never graced my feet. And secondly they're so big and clunky. I don't need anything making my boats look any bigger.

I'm just a simple jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes kind of person. I might dress up for a special occassion if I really really like you but that's it. So I really don't care what's in and "so last year" in the magazines. They can all bite me.
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #41  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXJess View Post
I'm just a simple jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes kind of person. I might dress up for a special occassion if I really really like you but that's it. So I really don't care what's in and "so last year" in the magazines. They can all bite me.

I wish you'd stop mincing words and tell us how you really feel.

Well said. I don't like to dress up very often either. If you don't like my clothes, then buy me some. I may or may not wear them.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:45 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Oooh, pink combat boots. *_* I'd definitely begin saving up my money if they came in a lighter, softer pink color... all of my pink clothes are light frilly pinks. ;_;
I love combat boots, in fact I only own combat (or usually feminine combat-style) boots but I recently realized that I only have a bunch of pairs in black.. I want white, pink, etc. now.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #43  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

On the subject of pajamas in stores...what is with the enormous amount of people that wear their slippers and pajamas to stores - but pile on the make-up?

I used to think it was a maturity thing...until I saw people in their 50's doing it.

Is it just me that likes to get dressed to go to the store? It makes me much more confident and I don't feel like a slob. I also get taken a lot more seriously than if I was in lounge clothes or pajamas.

Also, RE: crocs - my DS won a pair off a blog giveaway, but I would never buy him or any member of my family a pair. He wears them in the garden and out to play exclusively. They give him blisters on the sides of his feet if he wears them too long, not to mention they are incredibly ugly.

Last edited by zeffryn; 12-12-2008 at 07:11 PM.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #44  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I like Uggs. they're warm and very useful and I see why they're so popular here. And I think they look fine on people who are dressed for winter weather.

However, they look absolutely RIDICULOUS paired with, oh say, a tank top or a tee shirt as I've seen on some people a la SoCal.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #45  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

zeffryn,

I don't typically like to go out at all if I am not showered, groomed and dressed reasonably well. I have never enjoyed looking like a slob and don't let my kids go around like that either.

I do not and will not own uggs or crocs. I wouldn't pay that much for shoes I would only wear in my home. My 17 year old sitter wears them (uggs) but she wears a size 2 jean and looks young and fun wearing silly boots. I am afraid most people that wear them don't convey that look.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 12-12-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote