General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-20-2008, 09:21 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 150/146/130

That is hard to kick. I kicked it and coffee of which I drank constantly all day long. However, I do notice I feel better sticking to water and herbal tea.
momsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #17  
My cat is fat too.

S/C/G: 155/150/125

Height: 5'6''

Hmmm...I thought I was the only person addicted to Diet Coke. Seriously, I've driven to gas stations in the middle of the night to get it. I dream about it. I have killed a 12 pack during my 8 hours at work a couple of times. And it has to be "Diet coke in a can". I know which gas stations on any given route that I usually take has it in a can, and I refuse to stop at a station that only sells it in a bottle. Crazy, I know. Three weeks ago I quit smoking cold turkey. It sucked and it was hard but I did it. Yesterday I said I was giving up Diet Coke. This afternoon I bought a 24 pack. I couldn't even go 24 hours without one.
DaraMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #18  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

I quit diet soda by making myself drink 2 20oz bottles of water BEFORE I could have a soda. After that I had to drink another 20oz bottle of water before I could have another. I really really like the Aquafina Flavor Splash Grape- its sweetened with Splenda-- not sure if thats the same as aspartame or whatever but it's delicious and no calories and only 85mg of sodium.

Great replacement for soda.
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

Height: 5'6"

I used to drink a lot of Diet Dr. Pepper daily on top of any coffee I also had that day. I decided I needed to quit the diet soda. I found that I was craving the carbonation more than the drink so I switched to sparkling water for a while until I was finally able to kick the habit. Now I drink maybe 3 or 4 cans a month. I always ask for an unopened can on my flights to NYC when I go visit my bf, and I save it in my backpack to drink the following day with a slice of NY pizza as a treat. (diet dr. pepper + ny pizza = one of my favorite combos)

Last edited by orthodiva; 07-20-2008 at 10:11 PM.
orthodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:58 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 281/251/165

Height: 5'6

These are all amazing ideas - Thanks everyone! I hope I have the willpower to do it, I really do.
albertagirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote