General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-13-2008, 10:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Thanks guys! I got started making bracelets--nothing as fancy as yours Gale02 Just glass beads, metal, etc. I'm actually relaxed by it. I've spent about $60 in the last couple days getting wire, beads, a handy 3 in 1 tool, more wire, clasps, etc. I've made about 10 bracelets so far. I just wish I knew someone in my area that made them. I'm using crimp beads to put on clasps, and I heard there's something called a double crimping tool, but no one at the craft stores can tell me about it.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:21 PM   #17  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm addicted to crafting, so you could say my crafting hobby is collecting hobbies.

I crochet (also left handed, but my left handed grandma and mom started teaching me when I was 4), but have had a harder time learning to knit. I've read that you should hold the how to book pictures up to a mirror, and that helped a bit, but I could never purl without dropping stitches. I just learned recently that I was even doing the knit stitch "wrong," as instead of turning my work, I worked left to right for one row and then right to left for the next (I'm apparently an ambidextrous knitter). I also recently found out that there are ways to knit with a crochet hook (and even a yahoo group about it), so I'm learning. I'm also ordering a left handed knitting book from amazon.com (great source for cheap hobby books, especially if you use the used function).

I do collect craft books and craft supplies and it fills an entire room of a very small 2 bedroom apartment. Keeping it organized is a hobby in itself.

I'd recommend starting at the library and brousing the craft section. You'll find an amazing assortment. I've done scrapbooking, bookmaking, crochet, knitting, needlepoint, cross-stitch, tapestry crochet, tunisian or afghan crochet, origami, sewing (doll clothes to pillows to clothing), polymer clay, potato and sponge printing (like making your own gift wrap or even fabric), rughooking, "found object" (from junk) jewelry and crafting, greeting cards, rag rug making (crochet or braided), basket making (crocheting with unusual materials like plastic tubing and wire), beading.

The possibilities are endless. I especially love "mixed media" projects, so I can mix different techniques that I've learned.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

This is so odd that this thread got started this past weekend. I just started looking into making jewelry myself. I was intrigued by a girl in one of my summer classes and she had lots of funky jewelry and she mentioned she made them herself since some of the other girls were asking her where she had gotten some of her jewelry. I bought some things myself as well to help try to get me started. I also found out that there are classes you can take too online or even at a bead store and etc so I'm going to look into that as well.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:05 AM   #19  
banned

Hi!
Try origami!)
It is really fascinating!) I like)
Here good advice how to make Origami Shark
Cute!)

Last edited by JasseJackson; 11-06-2019 at 04:05 AM.
JasseJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:38 AM   #20  

Or maybe you will like Quilling fish )))
booo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:58 PM   #21  

Try lego, but be warned it is sooooo addicting!
socialmedia.garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:24 AM   #22  

I really want to try making soap, bath bombs etc. It seems like an easy process and still very creative and engaging. Maybe you'll find it interesting too
kaym1990 is offline   Reply With Quote