General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default We're Talkin Baseball!

Here we are again GALS ~ Spring training is already going. It looks to be another exciting year.

We had over 6,000 posts and views last year if I remember correctly. I even remember SUZANNE shutting us down on the last day of the regular season because we were getting so big ....what was she thinking

My DODGERS and ANGELS look to be in the hunt again. I am excited about some of the deals they have made.

Looking forward to another fun year here gals....hoping all of our teams take it to the wire!

How's your team looking?

Last edited by EZMONEY; 03-16-2008 at 08:57 AM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #2  

Woo Hoo! Baseball!!!

ESPN is showing the Yankees home opener on the 31st. I accidentally made a dr.'s appointment at the same time. Guess who has to change her appt? No way am I missing the game!!!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:59 AM   #3  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hey! Is there any interest in starting a 3fc fantasy baseball league? I love fantasy baseball. There free leagues on Yahoo, and I think on the ESPN website as well -- possibly others, but I have only played on Yahoo.
Whaddya think??

jo
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:59 PM   #4  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Love it looking forward to seeing some good baseball.

Lots of changes this year in Cardinal Nation.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed they can get it together.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:21 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

I'm excited. My Mets are supposed to be pretty good this yr,though that was the case last yr too and it didn't exactly pan out, so I can't wait for the season to start and erase some of the bad memories.

They've looked pretty good this spring, but have had a ridiculous number of injuries. Literally about 15 guys who are supposed to be on their opening day roster have been missed chunks of time this spring b/c of various ailments, though thankfully most of them should be ok once the season starts.

Only two weeks away!!

EZMONEY, is it actually common for people out in California to root for both LA teams? In NY its a big no-no , usually you like one team and hate the other.

Last edited by Razz44; 03-17-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:21 PM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hey y'all....

You know, I live within short driving distance of several spring training facilities (the closest being the one for the Washington Nationals), but my schedule is so wacky I'm not going to get to see a single game!!

Looking forward to watching some good games this year. I grew up a Reds/Cubs/Sox fan (those were the closest to Indiana growing up). We'll probably try to see either the Marlins or Devil Rays play this year...maybe even fly to Wrigley! that would be cool.

As an aside, my cousin married Pete Rose's brother!
PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAY BALLLLLLLLLL!!!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:12 PM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Gotta jump in and say that the Rockies are looking good again! We lost Kaz Matsui, but kept most of our guys. I think it will be another great year!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/150/136

Height: 5'5"

Go Tribe! This year the Indians are going to finish what they didn't get to finish last year: going to and winning the WS!
queenofthehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:23 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

I guess I can jump in Looking forward to seeing a game or two. Dh and I were just discussing our trip to AZ last year to see the White sox in Spring training. Dh got tickets for oppening day here, but is taking a friend (my suggestion).
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:15 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz44 View Post

EZMONEY, is it actually common for people out in California to root for both LA teams? In NY its a big no-no , usually you like one team and hate the other.
RAZZ you don't know me....but most of the gals around here will tell you that I am NOT normal!

DODGERS in the NATIONAL LEAGUE...ANGELS in the AMERICAN LEAGUE...so no problem rooting for both...but....head to head...ALWAYS! ~ ALWAYS! ~MY DODGERS!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinymouse View Post
Hey! Is there any interest in starting a 3fc fantasy baseball league? I love fantasy baseball. There free leagues on Yahoo, and I think on the ESPN website as well -- possibly others, but I have only played on Yahoo.
Whaddya think??

jo
Sounds like a great idea JO but the problem I have is that I may be working out of town quite a bit over the season...based on upcoming projects....and I don't take my computer with me.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #12  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Hey Gary! Your beloved Dodgers train about 20 minutes south of where I live! Well, at least THIS year they do! I think this is the last year for it...
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:29 PM   #13  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

What do you all think about the Red Sox? I think they are going to be really tough again. I'd like to see someone really step up and challenge them, but I still think they are going to dominate.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydegirl View Post
Love it looking forward to seeing some good baseball.

Lots of changes this year in Cardinal Nation.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed they can get it together.
Wish we could get more Cards info on the news out here. I don't have time to follow them closely online.

I grew up in Cardinal territory (prolly not too far from you, Clydegirl), but I wound up in Nationals territory. Or at least I wound up in Redskins territory until they discovered baseball in DC. I miss my Cards!

And Razz44, on behalf of the Cardinal fans, you have our condolences. Nobody should feel compelled to be a Mets fan. (j/k)
havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:19 PM   #15  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Havoc do you know these guys have gone - Edmonds, Eckstein, Rolen, Taguchi and Spiezio?

Jim Edmonds my favourite on the team so sad to see him leave.

They just signed Kyle Lohse. This year will be about the pitching again. Fingers crossed they work it out.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote