General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #226  

Height: 5'8"

lol. Funny, Gary!

Ok, here is a thought. I have from a reliable source (DH ) that the winner of AI is tied to a bajillion contracts for the first year or so of their career - not to mention a portion of the $ that is made. So...I wonder...if D Cook kind of...sort of...gave it up last night, ya know.

Just a thought. I think he will be successful either way, though.
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #227  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Watch for the commercial for Guitar Hero during the show.

I swear at first I thought it was Tom Cruise in "Risky Business". Then realised it was David Cook. Nice legs.

Great stuff David Cook. Hope to see that one again.

Well they just did it again with David Archuleta but in my opinion Cook's was better.

It's up on youtube if anyone missed it.

Last edited by Clydegirl; 05-21-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #228  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

DAVID COOK!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:38 PM   #229  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Great to see David Cook win.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:16 AM   #230  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

My DVR cut out at the EXACT moment the announcement was to be made. AUGHHHHHHHHHHHH! Good to now I can come here and see who won.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:46 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I'm glad Cook won even though he'll be their slave for a year or so. He'll be successful either way. I never understood the Archuleta love -- he bored me to tears. He's a cute little boy who can sing ballads. I don't even really like the sound of his voice -- it's too nasal or something. When he and Cook sang that first song together last night, I was embarrassed for him. He actually sounded good on that "Apologize" song with OneRepublic, though -- I was surprised.

And yeah, the Guitar Hero commercial was good. Cook's, I mean!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:49 AM   #232  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

I was a David Cook fan from the beginning. But after Monday nites performance I felt David Archuletta blew him outta the water. Woo hoo for David Cook! I am happy for him because this is his time to shine, he is at the right age for this to happen. David Archuletta still has his high school years and he should continue being a kid, but he will be a superstar from this as well. They are both truly talented peeps. And the sound of David Archuletta's voice, that is due to a surgery that he had, his vocal cord was damaged I read that somewheres, so he took the voice that he was left with and gave it a helluva run, so Kudos to him too, even though his voice is different, he still is a QT and his smile makes me smile....
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:25 AM   #233  
ugggg.....

I loved how humble David Cook was. Brooke made me remember how much I love her too though she wasn't everyone's fave. Syesha shone bright last night too, I think we will definitely hear more from her and I do believe I here the tapping of a Disney writer's fingers on their keyboard with a show specifically for David A, he has the wholesomness that they need again.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #234  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I'd LOVE to see David Cook tour with ZZ Top!! THAT was a fantastic performance!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote