General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-28-2008, 08:41 PM   #16  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

OH MY GOODNESS!

We had snow here in my town, north San Diego county, California, back when I was in 8th grade ~ 1967....we just had our 40th Anniversary of it a few months back....they let us out of school...there was so much snow () that all the neighborhood kids were able to get together and make a ...

SNOWBALL..............

STAY WARM!!!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #17  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I hope you see warmer temps tomorrow Stay warm but especially, stay safe if you have to go out.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:41 PM   #18  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

It's days like these that seem that summer will NEVER come lol.

Boy I can't wait until Hawaii!
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:26 AM   #19  
navywife022506

S/C/G: 238/228/130

Height: 5'5"

your poor dearies.....I live in Virginia and it's a lot colder than California, but it hasn't ever been that cold. We've gotten to 29F but felt like 17F. I though that was cold
navywife022506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

It's only -7C (-14 with the windchill) right now, and we're getting freezing rain. But I'm cold and damp and crabby as all get-out. Plus my DH wants us to go skating on the canal this week. I hate skating, I hate the cold, and I want to know why my parents moved here instead of some southern state!!

I was thinking about you all yesterday when I was standing in my back stairhall. It's three stories, and virtually no heat gets to that part of the house. (I'm about to slip into Fahrenheit, as we have an old thermometer back there) It was 45F back there, and as I raced through it, I thought, "oh, boy, I can't wait until summer when it'll be about 90F back here. And humid." Could we have a happy median, please!?

Zen, that temperature just makes me want to cry. What on earth possessed people to settle up here?!

Anne, you're one of the lucky ones. My SIL lives "down there", and we laugh when she tells us she has to get her broom out to clear away the dusting of snow.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:53 PM   #21  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I feel your pain! We had temperatures in the 50's yesterday. Very unusual. I even washed my car! Today it's 5 with a wind chill of -20 and blizzard like conditions outside. What a difference a day makes!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #22  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

My folks love it up there in the middle of nowhere. Alaska is definitely the best teacher salary in the country when you take in the other perks (such as the village subsidizing rent and heating oil).

And man, are summer's amazing.
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote