General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #1  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Default what is everyone doing for valentines day?

I have no clue what to do for v-day. I just started my diet and i'm doing pretty good so far. plus, i want to steer away from the regular out-to-dinner routine. I really want to surprise my husband romanticly and in a way that won't ruin my progress, any ideas?
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

There are plenty of things you can do that not only have no calories but BURN calories! I'm sure your husband would be pleasantly surprised.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

The same thing I do every year - sitting at home by myself (my partner is a florist...we haven't EVER seen eachother on Valentine's Day).

We usually reschedule ours for the Saturday following the actual day, and do something FUN...like roller skating at a skating rink! We might also cook something fabulous together (easy to keep it on plan, plus cooking together, for us, is sexy!)
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #4  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

Well, nothing. I am not seeing anyone, and my mom & dad know better than to give me food-related gifts. They usually get us a little something.
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:17 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Absolutely nothing! I thnk V-Day is so overrated...I mean why do you need a "special" day to show your love to your SO? But...what we usually do is dinner but a day or two before the 14th or a day or two after...depending on when it is. I haven't even looked at the calendar that far ahead.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #6  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

me and my hubby want to go see i am legend at the theatre, so i think v day would be a great day to do it.. gets the kids sat and we can go will be great .
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Valentines is my mom's b-day so I'll probably meet her for lunch.

My bf doesn't believe in Valentines (he's like froufrou... he doesn't need a special day to tell me how much he loves me). He also, says that it's the one night that all the losers, who'd otherwise never do anything get dressed up and take out their gfs drop a hundred bucks on dinner and then think they're the greatest. (I kinda agree with that. I waitressed for to many v-days not to sorta believe it. But don't tell him that!)

He knows it means a lot to me so he'll get me a card, he bought me a gift (I was very surprised!) and gave it to me on sunday, b/c he was worried I'd go out and buy it myself. LOL

This year we're going to have two types of cheese foundu (A totally plan killer, I know... but yummy) and watch movies. We'll cook together share a bottle of wine or two and snuggle on the couch.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:40 PM   #8  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hubby has booked us a long weekend away skiing, but the following weekend, as he has a business strip that crosses Valentine's Day. It's very exciting - not least because he NEVER celebrates V-Day I can't wait!!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #9  
Trying it again....

Yeah, we usually will celebrate the weekend after or before or a few days because of how busy it'll get. Just wondering if anyone has any good romantic ideas that'll surprised their honey.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #10  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

DH and I never really do anything for Valentines Day. It will be our 9th together this year, and we've only ever done something once. It will probably be like any other night for us!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Valentine's is just another day for me and my DH. I'm another one that doesn't see the big deal with Valentine's day and really don't like it as a holiday.

Although every weekend, DH and I usually do something fun together.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #12  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

We'll probably go out the week before or week after for dinner. I'll make a nice dinner at home for the family
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #13  

Height: 5'9"

Last year I bought 100 tea candles with votives and lit them all around the apartment. I also lit every other candle I already own.

Fiance LOVED IT.

He's really senstive like that, though.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:12 PM   #14  
Trying it again....

awwwwww.......I wish my husband was a softy, he wants me to do all the work.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 317/257/???

Height: 5'11''

I really don't think we're doing anything for valentines day. The first year my boyfriend and I were together we went to dinner and a movie I believe. Last year he had school so while he was at school I went to his house, cleaned his room, did his laundry and left him some valentines stuff on his bed along with dinner for when he got home. I believe he gave me a necklace. Then this year I don't think we're doing anything because he says he doesn't really believe in it. Part of me doesn't either, but part of me wants HIM to be the one doing soemthing cute this year. (Last year when he got home and found all of the stuff he was really touched. . . like really touched hehe) I want HIM to be the one to plan something!
NaturalStupidit is offline   Reply With Quote