General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-29-2007, 06:13 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default The Video Professor is suing some of his clients

I was searching for complaints about Direct Buy because of a post I made on here. Boy oh boy! There are tons of them! Needless to say, because of some of the responses I received on here and then what I read online, we are not going near the place.

Anyway, the link here will take you to the site I found and it will give you an interesting article. Apparently this guy is suing everybody and their dog.

His commercial is annoying. That one woman who says her daughter knows more about the computer than she does and the kid is 3 1/2 has been on there for years. That kid is probably in jr high by now.

It's an interesting read.

http://www.infomercialscams.com/video_professor.htm

Last edited by cbmare; 11-29-2007 at 06:59 PM.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:32 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Stay away from Direct Buy! That's all I have to say on it! They were so RUDE to me when I went to their "introductory" marketing scam session when I asked them some Direct questions which they refused to answer UNTIL I JOINED...I will never go back there and after doing research on Direct Buy (Or INDIRECT ANSWER as I like to call them) I feel that I made the right decision...
Maya
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/192/135

Height: 5'4

I used to sell headsets. My boss brought them up to me and said don't call them, the owner runs the call center like a "prison camp" and they are a terrible company. So it's not just the customers he mistreats, it's the employees too.
surrealchereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #4  
I wanna be a loser, too

Careful! He may try to sue you, too!

I don't understand why the FTC and a few other organizations don't come down on that guy.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/192/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmare View Post
Careful! He may try to sue you, too!
surrealchereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

DirectBuy... ... I worked there when I was 17. I had the whole spiel DOWN! I called people to invite them into the showroom, offered them a "free visitor's pass" and insisted that there was no hitch. They didn't have to buy anything over the phone, though the whole idea, of course, was to entice them into the showroom and sell them a membership.

The meetings went on all day on Saturday. I presented some of the information and with only my sweet, innocent 17-year-old smile and slight southern accent, I managed to sell membership after membership. Of course, plenty of other people said they simply couldn't afford it - at the time (2003), memberships ranged from $1,500-$5,000

I actually knew nothing about the company. They're quite elusive even with their own sales people. I figured it HAD to be some sort of gyp with the hefty membership fees and all the strings attached, but didn't feel too bad because I made nearly $1,000 per week just working 30 hours or less.

I'm almost embarrassed to say I worked there after knowing how many complaints there are and hearing that despite the little speech they made me give about saving 30-70% off retail prices, they fail to carry it out AND I know from working there that they only carry VERY expensive merchandise... you still pay a hefty price even IF you skip the retail markup.

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 11-30-2007 at 02:56 PM. Reason: typo
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Does this company even know how ridiculous they're looking? They're are a LOT of people who were charged this SAME $89.95 fee for them to continually keep saying they never charged anything. The evidence is damming and they keep sticking their foot right in their mouth. Do they think the judge will be that stupid? I hope everyone they sue sues them for attorney fees plus a full refund. And I hope everyone of them wins their case, maybe put these crooks out of business.

Now go ahead...sue me. I look forward to it.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #8  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
Now go ahead...sue me. I look forward to it.