General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-29-2007, 10:27 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default I hate bad pictures of me.

I mean, who doesn't, right? My sister-in-law just sent me some pictures from Thanksgiving. A lot were of my adorable kids, but of course there's one of me in a bad position, belly fat evident, etc. My face is a mess because I cried all morning thanks to my toddler falling down the stairs and having to wait it out in the ER (she was fine, but it was stressful). I think I even remembered when she snapped the picture, I was in the process of getting up and I knew it wouldn't be a flattering picture.

But you know, I've been losing weight, feeling good about myself and the fact that I could even button the pants I was wearing easily, and I just don't want to think I look like THAT. Ick ick ick.

I guess I have my "before" picture. Too bad it's after I've already lost 15 pounds
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:44 AM   #2  

I understand...I hate those pictures that come out of the woodwork. They do serve as great motivation, though. They keep you from being content and keep you moving. I'm glad to hear your daughter was alright though!
ericajones80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:40 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Amy I can totally relate to that feeling of mortification of receiving pictures from someone and seeing how you "really" look in front of a camera. I've often wondered why when we look at ourselves in the mirror we don't see what the camera sees......weird huh? You have done yourself and your daughter a huge favor by losing those 15 lbs, don't lose heart just because of the pictures. Use them like Erica said, as motivation to keep at it. I hide from cameras as much as I can, and that's sad because I have an 8 y.o. son who I don't have many pictures with, it's always pictures of only him or he and his dad. Keep your chin up and keep plugging along, before you know it, we will be posing in front of the camera because we are going to be healthy and hot mamas.

p.s. So glad your little one is OK.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 11-29-2007 at 04:41 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:10 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

One day you will look at it and know that you will never again look that way...probably won't laugh about it, but it will be nice to know how far you have come.

Once we were at a lake and I was going from the houseboat to the jetski (bad idea for a big girl), I put all of my weight on one side of the jetski (what was I THINKING?!) and, of course, the jetski flipped, I flipped and what did my thoughtful[less] aunt do? Snapped a pic.

I suppose there is a reason God put who he did in our families...
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote