General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

techwife, okay, Washington is NO LONGER first in our division ... the 'Canes snatched the lead back last night, with a 2-1 win over them, and we totally shut down *OvenChicken* .... Who woulda thunk??? Have to say that what's left of our team played with a fury the whole time. I hope they have a little something left for the Devils tonight! Get 'em, boys!

I see that Boston sneaked up and got your guys in OT last night. All the races are so tight except for that danged Detroit, of course!!! Those guys need to lose a few! (I don't like them or their coach but he does have great hair, doesn't he? )

Last edited by babenwaiting; 02-09-2008 at 10:44 AM.
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #167  
Addicted to potato salad!

Well, at least we got one point out of it instead of none. Glad the Canes pulled one out of their hat!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #168  

THAT...was awful. I hope the Sabres fans send him lots of cards while he's in Buffalo in the hospital. Last I heard on MSG, he was stable, but in surgery.

But, that was just....plain....awful.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #169  

Babe: O....M....G You must be so PO'd. I just saw the Sens stole Stillman and COMMODORE!!!. There's always time to jump on board the Sabres train and plenty of room for you since we lost Briere and Drury last summer. :hugs: I feel so bad for you. I hope the Canes were heavily compensated for THAT deal!!
Old 02-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #170  

techwife, I am so heartbroken over losing Stillman, my very favorite player (was going to get his name on my jersey!) and, of course, Commodore is such a part of us! Cory had to waive a NTC, and he loves it here, so it's being rumored that he is going as a "rental" and could be back here in the off-season, and that the same could be the case with Commie.

Doug Weight (St. Louis) and Mark Recchi (then Penguins) came to us that way in early 2006, helped us win the Cup, then went back to their old teams. Thinking they may come back is getting me through the day ... I sure hope these new guys show us something, because the Sens got a good deal here!

Thanks for your sympathy ... is your shoulder feeling pretty wet? You're a good hockey buddy!

To another matter, that was such a horrible thing that happened in your game with the Panthers this weekend!!! I'd be so glad that it wasn't a Sabre's skate that cut him because, even though it was an accident, you'd still feel awful! I sure hope he recovers with no recurring problem. Olie must feel so lousy. Hockey is not for the faint of heart ...

Last edited by babenwaiting; 02-11-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

Height: 5'2"

It's official, the Islanders are not good

Regardless, I'm going to the game tonight and the day game on Monday to show some support!
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:04 AM   #172  

Well, great night for us three!! Islanders won, Hurricanes won (right?) without Commodore or Stillman and with their newly acquired Corvu and Eaves and THE SABRES BEAT THE SENS 5-1!! And, my Thomas Vanek got his first ever hat trick! I've always been proud to wear my Vanek jersey, but now I'm ultra proud. Now the Sabres are #8 in the Eastern Conference.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:32 AM   #173  

I'm hurting today! The Islanders pulled out a win, but Andrea fought the bar and the bar won We missed the first period because we were waiting at the bar for people that had no cell phones, so if we left we would have no way of telling them....they arrived and we finally stumbled over during the first intermission. Went back to the bar after the win for the celebration!

Gonna do the same thing for Monday's day game
Old 02-15-2008, 08:52 AM   #174  

Babe: There's always next year... I can't believe what's happened to your team in one week's time. I would be so mad.

Last edited by techwife; 02-15-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:14 AM   #175  

Thank you, techwife (tears ready to flow, stomach sick) ... I can't tell you how I hate Pittsburgh at this moment. Smith and LaRoque sandwiched Brind'Amour between them and got his knee. There was no call but two of our guys went after them shortly after that so I think it was borderline dirty. Earlier this week, one of their guys put Aaron Ward (Bruins, used to be a 'Cane) in the hospital with a neck injury from a *borderline-accidental* high stick, and he's still being evaluated. And it was Orpik from Pittsburgh who broke Erik Cole's neck two years ago! Hate them! I know things happen in hockey but when the same team is involved week after week ...

I was at the game last night, and with all the injuries, plus losing Roddy, PLUS the flu is in our locker room AGAIN , our three more little River Rats got in from Albany about an hour+ before the game ... they played their hearts out, along with the veterans left standing, and we handed Pittsburgh a loss 4-2. I swear it was a miracle; I don't know where our guys "got it." I think they were so mad about Roddy!

I see your guys are in there for the play-offs so far, and I'm happy for you, techwife! Thanks for your support ... I'm just sick over Roddy but we have to keep truckin'. I love this team too much ...

Hey, ThePrettyOne, nice to see you around here again .... going to be seeing your guys soon!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:57 AM   #176  

Islanders get another win last night! I'll miss tomorrows games because of work, but I'll be at the Coliseum Monday, loud and proud!!! Bar opens at 10, game starts at 2....I hope I realize what's happpening by the time 2 rolls around!!

I finally saw the video of Zednik (Ex-Islander). I didn't realize he was kicked (accidentally of course), I thought he was stepped on. But the video I saw didn't show much, I didn't even see the blood. Though I'm sure it was awful!
Old 02-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #177  

TPO, the 'Canes appreciate your guys whipping Atlanta last night! I hope the win took enough out of them that my guys will take the Devils tomorrow without too much problem! So now, Brind 'Amour is out for the season, and the flu is ravaging our locker room AGAIN, but we have managed to win three in a row ... whew, I was at the game last night, and the place rocked!

You know how visiting teams will often say Raleigh can be the loudest house in the NHL? (It's all that practice, screaming for ACC basketball!) Well, it sure was last night. Our guys were down 4 - 2 in the third, roared back and won, 5 - 4. What an atmosphere! YES, CANES!!!

Techwife, I see your day didn't go well yesterday. Next week will be better, I'm sure.

GO, 'CANES!

Last edited by babenwaiting; 02-18-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:56 AM   #178  

Yes, it was a bad TWO games back-to-back. We really needed those 4 points! Next game is Wednesday. Maybe a few days for the boys to sit, reflect and think about what they've done will bring us a win!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:51 AM   #179  

Oh baby baby three in a row! That game yesterday was great! And I managed to stay sober enough to actually watch it

Capitals Wednesday and Lightning Thursday. We can do it!!!

I'm eagerly awaiting March and April.....it's when we play the Rangers 4 times in 5 weeks!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 06:37 AM   #180  

So, how are your teams doing? Sabres keep volleying between 9th and 8th place. I LOVE Bernier that we got from the Sharks in exchange for Campbell. He scored two goals and an assist the first night he played for us!! What an exciting presence to come to town. Campbell was a bit overrated...although I'll miss his red hair and sweaty palms (he did a commercial here for hyper hidrosis). But I'm looking forward to some wins and some points so we can step over philly and the rangers once and for all!

By the way...Sabres fans are so rabid they met Bernier at the airport when he came to town and cheered for him when he got off the plane. He said, "I'm going to love playing in a hockey town!"

Last edited by techwife; 02-29-2008 at 06:38 AM.