General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

Height: 5'2"

FINALLY, the Isles got one!! Took us OT to get it, but a win no less

Haha, oh Wednesday should be an interesting one!!
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:03 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

Hey ladies ... Sorry to say the Red Wings got us 5-2 yesterday (should have been 4-2, as their first goal was a gift! ) We only really lost it in the last three minutes; but with only 19 hours between games, we just ran out of gas. But overall, Cam Ward was amazing, and Erik Cole looked like his old self, so I can live with the loss.

Techwife, I watched your Sabres play Boston tonight on VS. That's the pits when you lose one like that at home. The 'Canes will try to beat those Senators for you on Wednesday night. I'll be there ... picked up tickets today.

ThePrettyOne, congrats on your OT win. And, ladies, may the hardest working team prevail in Buffalo on Wednesday!

Last edited by babenwaiting; 12-10-2007 at 10:06 PM.
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:44 AM   #123  
Addicted to potato salad!

45 shots on goal and we only snuck one past the goalie. That's just plain great defense on the Boston side.

I'm getting used to losing. Up next the Islanders
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:24 AM   #124  

It's gonna be a show down!

I watched the Devils (#5 team) lose to the Caps last night......the Caps are in last place and they made the win look easy. Just goes to show you that each and every game is always up in the air!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:28 AM   #125  

Pretty One...don't look while I say...

Next stop, Washington to play oVECHkin (remember that commercial from last All Star season with Crosby?)

Tonight you guys both play Western teams...the Flames and the Coyotes? Why don't these teams ever seem to come to Buffalo? We have to go out west and have our butts handed to us on a platter.

Okay....good luck, guys!

Pretty One...I know what you mean about each and every game is a crap shoot. When the Sabres went out west and played the Kings, we were like, no problem ... and they gave us the roto-rooter treatment! Then I thought...what will happen to us with the SHARKS? And we creamed them. Go figure!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:44 AM   #126  

Haha I knew you'd be the first one on here this morning! The game was weird. It looked like the Islanders were dominating in the beginning, then a period and a half later, we're down 3-0. I left the house (had to pick up something at UPS between 8:30-9:00), when I came back, a couple minutes into the 3rd and the score is 5-3. I was only gone for half a period and I missed the whole game!

Yep, we have the Coyotes tonight. Then Saturday I'm going to the Penguins game! Sadly, the Penguins will probably beat us...but you didn't hear me say that!!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:14 AM   #127  

OMG, what a horrible joke last night was! My guys did not even bother to play so the Senators destroyed us 6-0! And I payed to see that one! Geesh ... Eric Staal, you're making about $6M a year ... EARN IT!

Techwife, I know you're happy today. ThePrettyOne, you never know ... maybe pretty Sidney will be a little off his game Saturday night, and you'll get one past him! You know, maybe dreaming of Santa coming or something ...

Last edited by babenwaiting; 12-13-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:28 PM   #128  

Hi ladies,

The 'Canes had painful ones with the Senators and Flames, but we DID beat the Flyers in an incredible game on Saturday night, 6-5 in a shootout, with Captain Brind 'Amour sticking it to his old team for the win! BEAUTIFUL ... We're still leading the Southeast Division by a few points, but our play must get more consistent!!!

How's everybody's guys doing? ThePrettyOne, we're preparing to get you on New Year's Eve. The Maple Leafs are coming into town tomorrow night, and I'll be there.

GO 'CANES!!! BEAT THE LEAFS!!!

Last edited by babenwaiting; 12-18-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:25 AM   #129  

We tried to pull out a win against the Pens on Saturday but just couldn't do it. We lost 3-2. Though at least we got into some good fights at the bar afterwards (I was at the game)....found some angry Pen fans and egged them on. Gotta love it!!

I'm going this Saturday as well, to the Caps game, me and 3 of my girlfriends have Promenade seats again!
Old 12-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #130  

Sorry to jump in here, I would love to watch pro-hockey, but I'm ALWAYS at my daughters hockey games (or practice, or fund raiser for our league, or board of directors meeting). So I get to watch hockey at the Squirt level. and if I'm really really really lucky, I get to catch our high school team. When they're at home and I'm not away in any part of the state at a game.

I do have to say though Hockey is the best sport ever. It is true what they say, "If it were easy, they'd call it basketball!"

Last edited by 1hothockeymom; 12-18-2007 at 11:29 AM.
1hothockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:05 AM   #131  

Pretty One: It's the Sabres against the Islanders again tonight. This time in your neck of the woods!!
Old 12-19-2007, 12:53 PM   #132  

OMG this is the first time I didn't realize when a game was on! I have the schedule stuck in my wallet, and plastered on my office wall. I've been so crazy at work lately, and planning for all the games I'm attending this month, I didn't even pay attention! Now I have something to look forward to Supposed to go to Holiday Happy Hour with the guys from work, we may have have to extend it to catch the game Hey, don't have to force me into that!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:03 AM   #133  

Well, we lost. But we put forth a valiant effort! I knew that Sabres power play in the last 4 minutes of the game when we were already tied 1-1 was going to end badly Islanders are known for getting penalties at inopportune times, like the end of the game with a tie score

Friday we play the Penguins....I'm not very hopeful about that one Then me and my girls are headed to the Caps game on Saturday! That will be fun, win or lose, but winning will make it better
Old 12-20-2007, 10:24 AM   #134  

Good golly Miss Molly, my Hurricanes have a winning streak of TWO!!! We beat the Maple Leafs in a bizarro win Tuesday night (I was there ... yay!!!!!), where my guys played well the first half of the first period, then didn't start playing again until the last 90 seconds of regulation, and then won it in overtime!!! 3-2 ... What a lot of fun to go Christmas week!

We have our tickets for New Year's Eve against the Islanders. For now, it's the Florida Panthers down there tonight but I'll be watching on TV ...

GO 'CANES!!! MAKE OLIE WHINE!

Last edited by babenwaiting; 12-20-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:46 AM   #135  

All three of our teams won!!

And the Sabres beat the Flyers two nights in a row! GO SABRES!!