General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:07 PM   #16  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I've done the two dumb marriages thing too EZ. Don't sweat it. And I've locked my keys in the car more times than I can count. I don't know if it was dumb or smart to lock them in the car across from the police station though. Like someone said...I really don't know where to start.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I've actually managed to lock my keys in the car while the car was running. DH wasn't too happy about that one!
Old 02-22-2007, 03:57 PM   #18  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I can't believe I am admitting this publicly, but here goes.

I was moving a few years ago and it was with my bf and his parents. We were taking my car and a rental truck. I was driving my car and my bf's mother was with me and my bf was driving the truck and his dad was with him. We had to pick up a large computer from my office (that is another story altogether) and decided to stop at McDonald's for breakfast on the way. The area we were isn't the greatest, so when my car arrived there first (the truck was a bit slower) we sat in the car and talked for a while. Fast forward to when we are leaving, and I go to look for my keys. I can't find them. As we walk up to the car, I notice it is RUNNING. I left the keys in the ignition, the car running and the doors unlocked (again, in a not so great neighborhood), but thank goodness it was obviously still there. I could not believe my own stupidity. It would have been the utmost of simplicity for someone to climb in and drive away.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:05 PM   #19  
-

S/C/G: 245/178/150?

Height: 5'10"

When I was twelve I thought I'd help my mom by making some brownies (why I thought that would help "her" I don't know, LOL). I went to take the beaters out of the electric blender. I put the fingers of my left hand through the beaters and used my right hand to hold the blender top so I could pull the beaters out. I had my thumb on the ON button and intead of pulling the beaters out I turned the blender on and all my fingers were twisted into the blades. My poor dad had to slowly pry my fingers out of the blades... twist, cry, gently pull, twist, cry, gently pull, over and over! Poor dad!

Beth
Old 02-22-2007, 04:11 PM   #20  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I bought a brand new Mustang a few years ago. Had worked a 7PM-7AM shift and got home tired, but knowing it would be my night off work decided to take my kids fishing. We loaded the poles and gear in my trunk and drove to the lake near our house. I noticed the water was a lot calmer down further from the dam so we drove on down to where the road ended and there was a sandy bank. I drove into the sand because other vehicles were there. It never occurred to me that the other vehicles were 4 wheel drive. DUH. I wasn't 15 feet off the pavement when my car started to sink. Of course, I tried to rock it back and forth until I noticed it was buried up past the door handles. A park ranger came by and said "maam, you can't drive that kind of car down on that sand". I badly wanted to say "No Sh-t". Instead I called for a tow truck with AAA. They kept wanting my tag number, I didn't have a tag number, the car was just bought about 3 days before this incident. LOL. It's funny now. But, it wasn't at the time. Best part was, the tow truck driver new my fiancee' (now DH) and told him what an ignorant thing "some woman" had done that day. LOL.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:22 PM   #21  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

ok mine's bad i was staying outta town in a nice hotel for training and they gave us a break for lunch so i had lunch and i was running short on time i had to use the restroom so i ran to my room use the rest room and ran to the front desk to let them know my husband would be arriving soon and to give him a room key so then i feel this gentelman press up against me from behind and i quickly asked what the **** are you doing he replies that the back of my mini skirt was up in my pantyhose and yes i was wearing thong underware and to top it off the resteraunt was wide open facing the front desk so yeah lunch time bare butt EVERYONE WATCHING
i pulled my skirt down and just started laughing so hard (that's what i do when im nervious) and walked out
look on michelle's face when she turned around and saw all those people staring at her
PRICELESS ~
Old 02-22-2007, 05:17 PM   #22  
I restore Teeth.

hmm... i guess dating my last bf was it, but i can't regret it since i learned so much from that horrid relationship...
Old 02-22-2007, 07:02 PM   #23  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Oooh NottheCheat reminded me of two moving stories. When hubby, half asleep, driving a Budget rental truck all night, pulled in to a station and filled the tank. Started her up and smoke came out. We always used UHaul before that, so he paid no attention to the "Diesel Only" sign on the side of the truck. Ewwwww Cost us about $300 to have the gas pumped out and to fill up again with diesel, plus the cost of the unleaded.

Then there's my daughter moving late at night in her UHaul rental. She's in her car, dad in the truck, mom in their car at the rear. As they head up an interstate ramp, mom discovers the back door of the truck wasn't latched, just as the bookcase comes crashing down in front of her. Dad, oblivious, drives on. Mom's on the interstate ramp at 2 a.m. moving furniture out of the road. Dad, farther along, realizes she's not behind him, pulls over and calls her cell phone.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:04 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
Oooh NottheCheat reminded me of two moving stories. When hubby, half asleep, driving a Budget rental truck all night, pulled in to a station and filled the tank. Started her up and smoke came out. We always used UHaul before that, so he paid no attention to the "Diesel Only" sign on the side of the truck. Ewwwww Cost us about $300 to have the gas pumped out and to fill up again with diesel, plus the cost of the unleaded.
My girlfriend once put diesel in her boyfriend's Porsche. Needless to say he wasn't a happy camper. Her excuse? She knew it needed a different kind of fuel that "regular" (should have been "premium").
Old 02-22-2007, 08:52 PM   #25  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
I've actually managed to lock my keys in the car while the car was running.
Oh, I've done that. Multiple times. Once at a Sting concert and I didn't figure it out until after the concert. So the car ran for the entire concert and then for the hour afterwards that it took the parking log to clear out so a tow truck could get in to open it for me. Luckily Sting always puts on a short concert or we wouldn't have had any gas left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
When I was in college, my BF and I accidently put motor in the transmission fluid resevoir (we were trying to put it in the oil resevoir). He went to a different school, I was visiting him and had to drive back to my school that night for class the next day. BF, bless his soul, sucked it out with a straw!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:59 PM   #26  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Wink Done a few dumb things ...

Besides letting myself get way too heavy, I fell down down a flight of stairs and dislocated my knee, slipped in gravel and fractured my leg, tried to use a treadmill and fell on my face, I think the very worst was when I was ten. I was hand-sewing something and dropped the needle on a wooden slat floor.

I dropped down to search for it cuz I didn't want to step on it; after much searching to no avail, I decided to just get another needle and start again. That's when I noticed it, the needle was right thru my left thumb, just under the nail (all the way thru). I didn't even feel it go in; but comin' out was another thing.

My aunt had to use a pair of pliers while my mother held my hand; there were a lot of tears cuz man it hurt. I mostly recall the look on their faces when they first saw ... they recoiled at the same time. LOL. Glad I can laugh about it now ~ Rosebud.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #27  
Pending Email Confirmation

ouch! I once was working a cross stitch project and had gotten a fair way into it when I got up to take a break and the cross stitch project came with me- I had sewn it to myself!*LOL*

I did a lot of very stupid dangerous things as a teenager but they are not appropriate to be discussed.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness View Post
I did a lot of very stupid dangerous things as a teenager but they are not appropriate to be discussed.
Didn't we all?

Frankly the difference between dumb and stupid is this:

Dumb is it happening without thinking about it.
Stupid is knowing it is dumb and doing it anyway.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #29  
Pending Email Confirmation

So true...
Old 02-23-2007, 02:40 PM   #30  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

When I moved out of my parents house I got an apartment and a cat. I had just fininshed folding several loads of laundry and was carrying the full basket into the bedroom when Eric the Cat decided to turn my legs into a slalom course. Trying not to drop the basket, I tripped over him and slammed my foot into the bedpost and broke my toe on my right foot (the one next to the pinkie toe).

Fast forward ten years. Married w/children. I was walking either up or down the basement steps and tripped, once again, not on Eric the Cat but on Eric the Cat's beat up, barely a triangle orange w/a bit of green yarn tail catnip mouse. Slammed my foot into the step and broke my toe on my right foot (the one next to the pinkie toe).

Fast forward another ten years or so to last fall. Changing the sheets on my oldest daughters bed. Husband left the metal step ladder right in the middle of my daughter's room. Strike one. Asked daughter to pick up her room earlier; she proceeded to merely move the pile of junk she calls her stuff from one spot to another. Strike two. As I'm changing the sheets, am having a huge fight w/youngest daughter to get her butt in gear, get the dishwasher emptied and get ready for school. Strike three. Turned around, slammed my foot into said footstool and broke my toe on my right foot (the one next to the pinkie toe).

Also managed to break my pinkie toe (of course on my right foot!) by catching it on the door jamb getting out of the shower. Fortunately, this particular break occurred at a separate time.

But my favorite dumb thing was at my high school graduation. I went to an all girls Catholic high school, very small graduating class (just over 100 kids). We had to wear Grecian gowns (hey, hey stop laughing ) and the class was on the stage in the auditorium. They called us one by one to get our diplomas. We had to walk down the steps of the bleachers that they had set up on stage. Must have been those darn heels, cause boom! down I went the whole flight and landed at the feet of Mother Margaret Xavier (her name pretty much sums up the fact that she was the head honcho and a no-nonsense nun.) I got up, took my diploma and went back and sat down. Although embarrassed, I also thought it was hysterical and was immensely disappointed that my dad missed the picture.

I'm sure dumb things are in store for me yet! Great thread.

Jo
Closed Thread