Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 12:34 PM   #1  

Default Sugar Busters questions

Hi hi!

I am new to sugar busters but NOT lowcarbing. I have been an atkid for about 4 years maintaining a 40 lbs loss and havea lot further to go. I switched off tho because if I ate one more hunk of cream cheese or fatty chicken.. Id die :P

The questions I have on sugar busters are

#1. How are you "counting" the splenda sweetened cranberry blends? 10 calories per serving sweetened with splenda

#2 What "bars" are good ones to eat? I dont mean the carbolite candy - I know myself well enought o know i need to stay the **** away from sugar alcohols. What do you think about Luna bars? They average 22 carbs or so each but they have no glycerin (common staller) or the sugar alcohols.

#3 If I am eating about 1800 calories per day (current weight of about 257) .. is this ok? I figured out my BMR and its well over 3000 calories per day. If I ate that, how would my portions break down - as in fruits, grains, meatsm dairy?

I know sugar busters isnt a calorie diet persay, its about wise choices, portion control and balance while cutting out refined sugars.. Im not new to that because of atkins.

Any help is appreciated. I need to get my but in gear and post on the other forums and share some of my recipes

Thanks

Michelle
Old 02-17-2003, 02:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Michelle,

I know Deb, our moderator is away fromthe computer for a couple days so I will try to answer your questions the best I can. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

#1. You don't have to count the splenda blends. Only thing you count are starcy carbs, bread, rice, cereal, pasta, triscuits.

#2. As far as I know there are no bars that are legal. But I'm not 100% sure on that one. THe ones I have looked at at loaded with sugar.

#3 I would think 1800 calories would be fine. I believe the ratio is 40 protein - 30 carb - 30 fat. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I started where you are now. I have lost 95 pounds and I never counted anything but my starchy carbs. Never worried about fat. Now that I'm down to my last 15 pounds, I need to watch that closer.

Good luck and welcome

Jackie
Closed Thread