Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-31-2006, 05:24 AM   #16  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

1/2C Kashi, 1/2 C oats (raw/cold), 1/4 C dried milk (for extra protein), 1/2 C skimmed milk makes me a cold cereal musli type breakfast.

Or 3 trimmed down bacon rashers (canadian bacon?) on 1 sl toast (wholewheat or multigrain) with a dry-fried egg on top and sometimes some mushrooms if I have them in!

Sometimes scrambled eggs on one slice of toast, also sometimes BfL apple pie, nuked apple with 1/2 C oats on top, then 1/2 C blendered cottage cheese with added splenda and vanilla In fact, I'm going to have that next!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:08 AM   #17  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I go through phases of having the same thing every day for a week (or a few weeks) at a time. This week, it's Honey Bunches of Oats cereal (it was on sale) with sliced banana and skim milk. When the cereal runs out, it's back to what Glory described (maybe that's where I got the idea?)--a whole wheat tortilla with 1T natural peanut butter wrapped around a banana. I also occasionally make a smoothie for breakfast--1 banana, 1T peanut butter, and skim milk. Can you tell I like bananas?
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:46 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 240/204/170

Height: 5'6

I tend to mix it up a bit. At work I either eat oatmeal with a dried blueberries, or a yogurt and a banana. At home it's either Kashi with frozen berries and skim milk, or I like to make a fake-eroo mcmuffin with a whole wheat English muffin, a Morningstar Farms veggie sausage patty, some egg beaters and a slice of fat free cheese. Yuuuummmmm. I also love crunchy peanut butter on whole wheat toast.
Allikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:24 PM   #19  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I always mix 50g jumbo porridge oats, 5g wheat bran, 80g frozen fruit (a mix of blueberries and raspberries) and some water and microwave for 4 minutes. Then I stir in a pot of fruity yoghurt (usually low fat/probiotic/omega oil enriched or some combination of the three). It looks like purple sludge, but it tastes good! I eat when I get to work after my workout so this works the easiest for me as I just weigh it out and microwave it when I get there. At weekends I sometimes mix it up a bit, and sometimes add things in like linseeds or try out things like quinoa porridge (not recommended), but that's the basic.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:30 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

I always try to have a whole grain, a fruit, and a dairy at breakfast. The past couple of weeks I've been having two pieces of whole grain toast with a little bit of butter and Laughing Cow cheese and a piece of fruit. I haven't gotten sick of it yet.
athenac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:55 PM   #21  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I rotate breakfasts:

Fruit & yogurt
Cereal and 2% milk with berries or bananas
Toaster waffles or homemade pancakes with light syrup
2 slices of toast with 1 tbsp Kraft peanut butter
1 scrambled egg with 2 slices of turkey bacon or Canadian bacon
1 egg omeletwith lf cheese, mushrooms, peppers & onions

In the winter I make porridge or I sometimes use Quaker instant oatmeal packets.
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #22  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Variety is the spice of life for me...can't have the same thing everyday. I alternate between oatmeal, one egg-dry toast and an apple, a shake, an orange and toast with peanut butter, pancakes w/o syrup or butter-like them plain, bowl of cheerios, cottage cheese w/crackers... just depends on what I am in the mood for.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:15 AM   #23  
hara hachi bu

I had shredded wheat today. On weekdays, I tend to have yogurt + fruit + cereal + nuts, but sometimes I have cereal or peanut-butter toast with fruit. On weekends, I try to do eggs with vegetables.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:30 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/200

Height: 5'5

I usually have oatmeal with about a tablespoon of 1% milk, 1.5 Tbsp of peanut butter, and a packet or two of splenda. Its really good and fills you up for a long time! Other times its scrambled eggs and whatever else i feel like eating that day (usually some kind of fruit: strawberries, an apple, etc.)

Alicia
cardsfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:03 PM   #25  

I eat one packet of the instant oatmeal. I always eat the same flavor cinnamon and spice, and just add water from the coffee maker at work that has the hot water dispenser.

Stir it a few times and breakfast is served. It is 170 calories, but it lasts me until lunch and has a sweet taste to curb the sweet tooth. I have eaten it everyday for 3 months.

Liz
Weddingin2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:44 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Mine varies a bit usually rotating between:

- Bircher Muesli (homemade untoasted muesli mixed with 100 gms low-fat yoghurt left over night)

- Muesli topped with natural yoghurt (same ingredients I know, but completely different texture!)

- 4-5 Weetbix mushed up with hot water and equal

- 3 x slices of toast (either dark rye or wholemeal/multigrain) with vegemite

- 2 x Apples chopped up with yoghurt

- Bowl of Special K with skim milk

- Porridge made with water and sprinkled with brown sugar

- Bowl of natural low-fat yoghurt with mixed berries

I ADORE breakfast

Liv
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:26 AM   #27  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Monday through Thursday, I have 1 cup of high fiber cereal--either Flax Plus or High Fiber Cereal (that's actually the name) from Trader Joe's--with 4 oz unsweetened soy milk and fresh berries or freeze-dried strawberries.

Friday is oatmeal day. 1/2 cup quick oats cooked with salt and extra water so it comes out super creamy. Then I add brown sugar, cinnamon, and 2 oz unsweetened soy milk! Yum!

On weekends, my SO and I eat breakfast together and he is really big on breakfast meat. It's the one area where he has been really resistant to my diet (he's very enthusiastic about my low calorie dinners, so I guess I can't complain). So we have bacon (I have three slices) and a fat-free or whole grain English muffin with 1/2 tbsp homemade guava jelly (made it myself with guavas grown in our backyard) and 1/2 tbsp non-fat cream cheese.

Sometimes we mix it up on the weekends and have eggs (esp. if we're out of bacon or if there is stuff from the garden that goes well in eggs that I need to use up). I also found a recipe for ricotta pancakes that are only about 50 calories per pancake. They aren't the best pancakes I've ever had, but I make a raspberry, brown sugar, and cinnamon sauce to go with them and the whole thing comes out pretty good. So sometimes we have that on the weekends.

- Barbara
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:27 PM   #28  

Eggs and two slices of whole weat toast with a bit of jam on them and I always like fresh fruit with my breakfast so ill have a banana or a apple or i have small cup of chocklate covered strawberrys

Hmmmmmmmmmmm sounds yummy it is LOL
Sonny876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #29  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

I usually have fruit and some type of gourmet cheese.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:20 PM   #30  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Height: 5'4"

Weekday breakfast (don't remember how long I've been doing this, several years I think):

1/2 7-grain bagel (bagel from local shop, not national chain)
natural chunky peanut butter
1 large can regular V-8

There was a time when I ate brown rice cakes instead of the bagel.

Weekends are variable - cold cereal, oatmeal, eggs, breakfast tacos, pancakes, etc. We go out to brunch once a month with another couple so there's always a chance to try something we don't make at home.
BreakingFree is offline   Reply With Quote