Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2001, 12:34 AM   #1  

Smile Boca Brats

I tried the Boca Brats the other day and they were delicious! I will have to have these again. Has anyone else tried any other Boca soy products? The brats are only 2 points on WW! Let me know your thoughts. Thanks Diana!

Last edited by di4chat2; 06-07-2001 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-07-2001, 10:55 AM   #2  

I bought the Boca Burgers and I really like them. I tried them in the store (finally, a sample I can eat) and bought a box, but have not cooked any yet. Although my husband is a saint about cooking healthy for us and giving up butter, I think he may draw the line at meatless burgers. We have lean hamburgers sometimes, but they still have over 20 grams of fat each.

I think if you want to try these burgers, fix them just like you would a regular burger with ketcup, mustard, etc and then try them with an open mind. They really are good! I haven't tried the Brats yet, though I think I will have to buy a pack now.
Old 06-07-2001, 02:06 PM   #3  

Post Boca brats...

Ok, so they actually taste and feel like brats to the tongue? I've seen them advertised on the Boca web site, asked around about them, and my area/ whole foods store has yet to provide them...

2 points? Wow!!

Try Garden Burger flamed grilled burgers... They taste like a burger king burger... I even bought just a veggie whopper, cooked up a flamed grilled burger, and it actually tastes like a BK whopper...

I'm not a vegetarian, but I do love alternative foods.. Some of these vegan and vegetarian alternatives are a blessing for me..
Old 06-09-2001, 06:41 PM   #4  

Default How can I get the boca brats and sausages?

My local Mpls, MN Whole foods stores can't seem to get them in...

Last edited by Swan_lake; 06-10-2001 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-11-2001, 01:46 PM   #5  

Just found Baca Brats at Local Cub Foods( Twin Cities area)
Old 06-11-2001, 11:38 PM   #6  

Default Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in So. Mpls, can you tell me which one? I travel around, so it doens't matter where.

sturg!! Smoochies and big big (((HUGS)))
Old 06-12-2001, 09:06 AM   #7  

Default Boca Brats

Hi Swan_Lake, I found the Boca Brats and Boca Smoked Sausages at the Cub Foods in West St. Paul, MN on Robert St. I am having them for lunch today and I'll let you know how they are. I posted an onion recipie in the misc. catagory that would be great with them.
Old 06-12-2001, 09:41 AM   #8  

Well, we tried the Boca Vegan Burgers for lunch this Saturday. I cooked them in the skillet w/ a little Pam spray. Then I put mustard, ketchup, luttuce, tomato and onion on it. My husband was also involved in this experience. We tried to have an open mind and . . .

They were great. No, they don't taste just like "real" hamburger. (Frozen yogurt does not compare to Bryer's rich ice cream, but is still good.) They have a good texture and taste. My husband even had another for a quick dinner since he had to work a few hours that night.

I would definately reccomend this product. If you are used to eating 20% fat hamburger, you may want to switch to 5%-8% fat hamburger before you try these. The texture is similar to that of the lower fat hamburger.

Enjoy!
Old 06-12-2001, 12:02 PM   #9  

Talking Thanks!!

Thanks sturg!! I'm going to buy them after work today!! I'll give them a try, anyway..

Nettie1971: Yes, I do eat Boca Burgers! But, I've fallen in love with GardenBurger flamed grilled burgers.. Those are the best!
Old 06-12-2001, 04:02 PM   #10  

Default Boca brats

I had the Boca Smoked Sausage for lunch and it was great! It is just like a polish sausage. It comes in at 3 points and I had it on a 1 point hot dog bun. The good news is it has a whopping 12 grams of protein! I really like the fact that when my meat eating family is grilling I have something to put on the grill besides the usual veggies!
Swan_lake, as long as you are going to Cub for Boca Brats, pick up some Village Hearth lite wheat buns. They are really good and 1 point each!!
Old 06-12-2001, 05:59 PM   #11  

Talking Yay!!!!

Ok, thanks sturgs I'm off now and on my way!!

Swan-lake, who is hungry...
Old 06-12-2001, 08:34 PM   #12  

Smile OK!!!

I just got home a little while ago, heated up one brat and smoke link... The link is ok, but the brats are very good... The brats even look like meat. Good thing I bought two packages of brats.

sturg, again... Bless your heart for telling me where to buy them...

Last edited by Swan_lake; 06-12-2001 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-18-2001, 09:09 PM   #13  

Sounds like everyone is finding and enjoying the Boca Brats as much as I did. Great! I am also going to try to find the 1 pt. buns...what are the brand names and stores you find them at? I live in central Illinois. Well hope to try more boca products in the future.
Something else I have tried too that tastes good when needing a sweet treat. I love the Edy's Frozen Yogurt(Fat Free), especialy the caramel praline crunch. Yummy!!! It is 2pts. for 1/2 cup. Worth every bite and pt. Something else to help us through the day!
Diana
Old 06-21-2001, 12:56 AM   #14  

o.k. I know what buger and sasages are but what in the world is "brats" we have the boca burgers hear but to tell the truth I have never heard of the word "brats " as a food ? . any way here you can get the holsom products in light hamburger and hotdog buns for only one pt. thanks I'll be looking for any relpys thank you
Old 06-21-2001, 07:17 AM   #15  

Brats: Bratwurst- A german, pork sausage. I went to the Boca website and they also have chicken patties and nuggets and crumble "beef" like for chili. I will have to check out my store and see what all we carry here.
Closed Thread