Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #1  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Default Bell Plantation PB2 Peanut Butter Powder

Has anybody tried PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter by Bell Plantation.

http://www.bellplantation.com/produc...e-jar-pb2.html

It has WAY less fat and calories than regular peanut butter.

I read about it today and it has received rave reviews by most people on various sites, including Amazon. A local store sells it so I am tempted to run out and buy it. The only criticism I have found about it is that it is pricey. But for the occasional PB treat, I think I will keep some on hand.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I have used both the regular and the chocolate kind. They are acceptable substitutes; very good peanut flavor, but the texture is not at all like regular peanut butter. I like an occasional pb2 sammich on Wheat Montana lax & fiber bread. I add banana slices to mine. The website has a lot of recipes, but I've never tried any of those. I have an Afreican peanut stew recipe on my menu this week, though and I think I might give it a go for that.

Barb

p.s. look on Amazon. Still pricey, but free shipping with Prime, etc.

Last edited by angelskeep; 09-23-2012 at 06:47 PM.
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #3  
Are we there yet?

S/C/G: 295/ticker/160

Height: 5'7''

I agree with angelskeep... it's not a perfect substitute, but it's definitely acceptable. It was WAY better than I thought it would be. The texture doesn't bother me (I think you can get it slightly closer to real peanut butter if you mess with the ratio of water to powder), but I find it doesn't taste quite as strong. It takes care of my peanut butter cravings (especially for thai peanut sauce!) and it's definitely worth it for the amount of calories/fat you're saving.

I would also second the Amazon recommendation... I got a big bag of it for only $9!
Patrizia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I like it a lot, but it's not quite the same. I add a touch of salt and Splenda. I love it on my Medifast brownies, and it's really good in shakes or smoothies, too.

There's a chocolate variety, too. Yummy.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

I love it on cut up apple slices. I just press the apple into the powder and enjoy. Yummy. It is also great to flavor sauces and smoothies
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #6  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I agree that it's great in smoothies. I also eat the PB2 powder dry. Try it on celery sticks-- just dip and eat. And, I keep a jar and a spoon in my desk. Portion control is just about guaranteed because too big a spoonful will stick your mouth shut!

I ordered directly from Bell Plantation. If you get someone to order with you, you can split the shipping (which is high!). I also order the 1lb bags -- it's cheaper than getting the smaller jars. I just emptied the bag into my own glass jar.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote