Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #1  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Lou's Famous Chicken Sausages - Buffalo Style with Blue Cheese

Talk about an awesome find!! Turkey and chicken sausages are one of my favorite things to have for dinner - with a bunch of grilled veggies and half a sweet potato or some polenta, it makes for a very filling, satisfying meal, and the leftovers are perfect to take for lunch (except asparagus. don't grill asparagus and then try to reheat it the next day in the microwave. yuck.). Anyway, I'm always on the lookout for sausages that are on the lower calorie, lower fat end of the spectrum... and today I came across Lou's Famous sausages (the main brand is Wellshire) at Whole Foods. I love anything "buffalo", and so was already excited to see that flavor of sausages... and then looked at the package and nearly peed my pants with excitement when I saw they were only 110 calories each, lol. I had one for dinner tonight and it was so good... and totally a bonus that it's all natural, no preservatives, etc. I also bought some of the Aged Provolone variety, and can't wait to try those as well.

Anyway, just thought I'd share since I was so excited about the great find!

edit: The link for the buffalo style sausages doesn't seem to be working on the company website, but this is the nutritional info the aged provolone sausages. Ingredients list: chicken, provolone cheese, water, parsley, salt, spices. That's it. Awesome.

http://www.wellshirefarms.com/allerg...icken-Sausage-

Last edited by chickadee32; 04-26-2012 at 09:27 PM.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I really like chicken suasage

Last edited by toobig; 04-27-2012 at 01:26 PM.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Oooh, love anything buffalo style, especially if it's gonna be chicken (sausage). Thanks for sharing your new find!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote