Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-29-2010, 11:53 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 185/181/130

Height: 5' 3or4"

I have a question...is it possible to make this smoothie the night before and refrigerate/freeze it? Would this decrease the nutritional value of the smoothie? Would it decrease the nutritional value if one blended/juiced vegetables instead of fruit? What do you think?

Also, has anyone caught the (Dr. Oz) 4 smoothie/juice recipes in the Feb. 2011 issue of First? I have the magazine and wondering if anyone would like them to post here.

Last edited by GiggleGoddess; 12-29-2010 at 11:53 PM.
GiggleGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:07 AM   #47  

Wink Dr Oz Smoothie

Hi everyone, I just started the smoothie. I use the V8 fruit juice and its really not that bad! Now my question is when i make this smoothie its alot more then a glass full, do you finish all of it or just drink the tall glass? I hope this works for me. Im not happy with my weight and i just need a little jump start! I started eating a grapefruit in the morning also. Trying to eat more babay carrots as a snack. So i hope this first week i will see a diffrence! Is there anyone new satrting tis also?
kristyflo771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 185/181/130

Height: 5' 3or4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristyflo771 View Post
Hi everyone, I just started the smoothie. I use the V8 fruit juice and its really not that bad! Now my question is when i make this smoothie its alot more then a glass full, do you finish all of it or just drink the tall glass? I hope this works for me. Im not happy with my weight and i just need a little jump start! I started eating a grapefruit in the morning also. Trying to eat more babay carrots as a snack. So i hope this first week i will see a diffrence! Is there anyone new satrting tis also?
I would say snack on nuts and cheese...carrots will get boring after awhile and they will make you hungrier. I've like using cucumbers, and zucchini.
I'll have to try it with the V8 juice - great idea! I suppose you could split it in half and stick the other half in the fridge but I don't know if it will last. Good luck!
GiggleGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggleGoddess View Post
I would say snack on nuts and cheese...carrots will get boring after awhile and they will make you hungrier. I've like using cucumbers, and zucchini.
I'll have to try it with the V8 juice - great idea! I suppose you could split it in half and stick the other half in the fridge but I don't know if it will last. Good luck!
great. I will try that . ilove cucumbers. Have you been doing this faithfully, everyday? Have you been going to the bathroom on a regular. I think i have to drink a little more water. I cant wait to see some of the belly fat go down!!!! I hope we can do this together and have a buddy system!
kristyflo771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #50  

Smile Dr. Oz's Belly Blasting Smoothie

I've been drinking since it first came out. Love it! Really has trimmed down my "belly". I use skim milk instead of the 1 cup of juice. (The juice doesn't agreee with me). I also take a fish oil pill instead of putting it in the drink. I use either vanilla or chocolate flavored Soy protein (Less cholestrol) with a touch of cinnamon and last, I use frozen fruit. It's really pretty tasty!!!!

Has anyone tried the "green" smoothie that was in the latest First or Woman's World magazine.

Love that Dr. Oz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Golfer Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 247/230.6/170

Height: 5ft 8

Smile Dr Oz's belly fat-blasting diet smoothie

Hi there
I just started the Dr Oz's belly fat-blasting diet ...one of my friends that is on it says that instead of breaking open the cod liver oil pills in the smoothie he just takes the caplets orally ..this is what I started doing ..no fish taste and smoothie tastes great :0)
carrieann52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 150/140/135 150/137/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDrews View Post
It looks like it is healthy and full of fiber, so it couldn't be too bad! But sister, you lost me at fish oil! I do hope the doc never suggests that I take it. My ex keeps trying to give me two big bottles that he bought. He told me he burps up fishy tasting gas when he takes them. Bleh.
you can buy fish oil that isn't fishy! it really is good for you.
teagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 150/140/135 150/137/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackiG View Post
Hi,

Did anyone try/see Dr. Oz's smoothie recipe posted in Womans World Magazine dated March 8th? I love Dr. Oz, and had to get it to see what it was. LOL Well I bought all of the ingredients and let me say, it doesn't taste great, but I plan on drinking it everyday. Anyone else try it or thinking about it? I honestly do not drink it thinking it will blast my belly fat, I know everything in it is good and it keeps me full. Just wish the taste was a little better. LOL

Here is the recipe:

In blender whip:

1 cup of juice (any variety)
1/2 banana or 3/4 berries (I added both)
2 tbs whey powder (I use 1 scoop)
2 tbs ground flaxseed
1 tbs ground psyllium husk
1 tbs chia seeds (I use ground)
1 tbs wheat germ
600 mg fish oil (from supplement caspules, break open and add oil only)
3 ice cubes
the most important parts of a smoothie are banana and spinach. after that add any fruits you like.
I use 1 whole banana
2 handfuls raw spinach
1/2 cup or so frozen blueberries
1/2 cup or so frozen strawberries

add a bit of cinnamon or anything you desire for added flavor.
I have also added fresh pineapple. yummy!
teagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #54  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

This sounds delicious. I will try this. Thanks for posting.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

(minor tangent) When I was a kid my mom made me take 1 tablespoon of fish oil every day for years... I always hated it and still do. Just thinking about it gives me chills. -shiver-

There are upsides and downsides to being an adult.. but I'll gratefully accept no longer having to drink fish oil as one of them

Fish oil is so much more than the sum of it's parts.. the smell, the mouth feel, the subsequent fishy burps... Sorry I'm having a little PTSD flashback over here.

Last edited by my2cats; 02-05-2012 at 09:36 AM.
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #56  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer Girl View Post
I've been drinking since it first came out. Love it! Really has trimmed down my "belly". I use skim milk instead of the 1 cup of juice. (The juice doesn't agreee with me). I also take a fish oil pill instead of putting it in the drink. I use either vanilla or chocolate flavored Soy protein (Less cholestrol) with a touch of cinnamon and last, I use frozen fruit. It's really pretty tasty!!!!

Has anyone tried the "green" smoothie that was in the latest First or Woman's World magazine.

Love that Dr. Oz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Could you post the green smoothie recipe? If not, that's OK, but if you can, thank you!
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote