Old 05-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #1  

Default help.....dvd vs walking

ok, well, I was doing 30DS as well walking up to my goal of 5K. Well, I injured my toe and had to take 3 weeks off. I just can't get back to the swing of things. Plus, I think that before I might have been doing too much.

Those who do Jillian Michael's stuff or similiar, do you still do walking? Obviously it is too much to do that AND walk...well, for me anyway.

Do you rotate your dvd and walking? I am afraid of getting burned out again. I know I need to put myself in a schedule again.....so just trying to figure it out. Would appreciate some advice if possible.
panshrmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

panshrmu, at one point I was doing 30 DS in the mornings, and then a walk in the evenings. I considered the walk the 'extra', because I certainly would sweat alot more doing 30DS. Then work got in the way, and I dropped the walking. I hope your toe is healed and you can get back into the swing of things!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #3  
Just watch me ...

Everything with getting a program together is so dependent upon the person, you kinda have to work it out for yourself.

Some things you can try is to (1) alternate walking weeks with dvd weeks giving you 1 or 2 days rest each week, or (2) alternating dvd days with walking days and rest days - so you would dvd day 1, walk day 2, rest day 3, dvd day 4, walk day 5, rest day 6, etc.

Try a different variation every 2 weeks to see what works best for you. Remember that as the months go by you'll probably change things up anyway. Don't get too caught up on perfection with this stuff, you just want to get going with it.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote