Old 06-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 250/242/150

Height: 5'6"

Day 10! I went shopping for push-up bars, and found the max weight was 220lbs. Boo! Maybe in a couple of months. Bought some cute workout clothes instead; I figured in shorts instead of loose sweatpants I could put a mirror up and check my form better. Conclusion: form is okay, but my new workout clothes do not flatter, lol! They will one day.

Shin pains today, so half-assing cardio to minimise impact. Thinking of doing some elliptical in the gym to work on cardiovascular fitness in the meantime. Stronger in push-ups - I even tried a couple of full pushups, and managed them! They seemed impossible a month ago. Something to work towards! It's funny, my arms complain in the squat-presses, but my legs are fine - but during the lunge-curls, my arms don't bother me but my legs howl! Knee pain again, but not seriously painful, so I went on through.

Going to keep doing level 1 until it's easy, probably up the weights where I can. Curls, rows, flies and the anterior raises are all easy, it's just the shoulder presses that are difficult. Odd! I will use pickle jars instead of olive jars, and see how much difference it makes.
Ms Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 210/195/150

I did Day 5 yesterday. Have had a little shin pain since day 1, which is worse today. I am doing it barefoot - perhaps i need to wear shoes! Am tempted to do a Pilates or Yoga DVD today for a break from the shred.
gardenermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #63  
Skinny chick

I think you definitely need shoes, especially with all the jumping!

Day 7 done. I'm actually starting to look forward to Level 2. I'm kind of tired of the same thing, but I'm going to do the full ten days at Level 1.
Today was the second day in a row that I did the full bicycle abs part at the end!! Go me!!
NCchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #64  

Yes, those bicycle abs are tough - good job on doing them all! I have a prior back injury so i have to be careful about any moves where both legs are raised at the same time. I do some of those and then modify to one leg up at a time.

Day 6 yesterday -- I thought I would give my shins a break and do some "gentle" pilates. I had bought "Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners" (Brooke Siler). Err, it was not exactly gentle, I could do less of it than the 30-day shred!

Back to the shred today for Day 7 (with shoes!). I'm looking forward to Level 2 as well.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #65  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 260/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Keep at it everyone! My ankle is feeling a lot better. I think I'll start L1D8 most likely tomorrow, and then (probably) skip ahead to level 2. I'm excited!
melni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:07 PM   #66  
Skinny chick

Day 8 DONE!!
Fourth day in a row that I did ALL of the bicycle abs move.

Jillian is really starting to get to me on this level, though. I really, really hate it when she calls those chicks "buddy."

Looking forward to fresh dialog in Level 2.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 250/242/150

During the warm up on Wednesday my knee was like NUH-UH so I took a two-day break. I think that was a good idea - I changed out my olive jars for heavier pickle jars today and did the whole routine without a break for the first time! I'm still doing modified low- impact cardio for my stupid shins, though.
Ms Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Okay, several of the folks in another thread I visit here have been talking about the 30 Day Shred so I went to Wal-Mart last night and bought it. I just completed the Level 1 workout for the first time.

Oh. My. GOD! May I die now? Honestly, if this doesn't burn some fat, I don't know what will! Watching her on the Biggest Loser, I know Jillian isn't a pansy and will really kick people's behinds. No excuses! After doing one of her workouts, it's just like watching the show without her being in your face. My muscles are shaking a bit...and yet I look forward to doing it again tomorrow for some weird reason. Will I really be this sore tomorrow?

Honestly, the bicycle crunches.....um....I need to work on those. I couldn't do them very well at all! I found myself looking forward to the minute of ab stuff though just so I could lie down. LOL!
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #69  
Skinny chick

If you stick with it, it'll get easier.
When Jillian says your endurance improves in just a few days of doing it, she's really telling the truth!

I've done 10 days at Level 1 and am moving on to Level 2 tomorrow.
I'm ready.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

NCchickie - Wow! Level 1 still scares me. I haven't even looked at Level 2 yet. You go girl!

I just finished Day 2 on Level 1. I was so sore this morning! I had muscles aching in places that I didn't know had muscles! But after I finished Day 2 I wasn't as sore. That was weird! I expected to hurt more. I probably will hurt more in the morning for sure.
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #71  
Skinny chick

Today I started Level 2.
Whoa. It was a lot different than Level 1 and a lot harder.
I'm optimistic, though, that by Day 10 on Level 2 I'll be getting all those plank exercises in.
Because I'm in it to win it.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #72  

Days 8, 9 and 10 done...I switched to Level 2 on Saturday, its hard! Yesterday i did a "yoga for weight loss" DVD instead of the shred, which i enjoyed.

How are everyone's results so far? Day 10, I lost 1lb (only - i was hoping for more!), 1 inch off waist and 1 inch off each thigh.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #73  
Skinny chick

Today was my second day on Level 2. It seemed better. I guess part of it is being more familiar with the exercises. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do that plank twist ab move at the end, though.

Sounds like your results are coming along, gardenermom! All those inches in 10 days, way to go! I'm pretty happy with my results, too.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #74  

Keep going CourtneyDaisy, you will reach a point where you no longer feel "like you're going to die", as our personal trainer says!

Level 2 is still pretty hard...definitely following Anita on most things (while my 5-yr old tells me "mommy, you need to do what Natalie does", and my 1-yr old crawls over my tummy while doing cruches!). Plank-jacks, squat thrusts and walk-out push-ups -- no way! Day 11 yesterday and Day 12 later today...

NCchickie, were you able to follow Natalie for all of Level 1 before you moved on to Level 2? I could follow Natalie for some, but Anita for others, and some other moves I was somewhere in between. I am wondering if I should have waited until I could do Natalie's moves for everything...but boredom and impatience got the better of me!

Ms Marvel and Melni, how are you guys doing?
Old 06-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #75  
Skinny chick

I have a bad knee, so I never follow Natalie!
That's so funny what your five-year old says!! One of these days, baby!

Today was Day 13 for me, and I had a harder time with some of the plank moves today than I did yesterday. So I did some substituting.

Maybe some day when I look like Natalie, I'll be able to do the same moves she can.