Old 02-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/133/117

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone!

So the husband and I have had a great Saturday morning. We lounged with the cats in the morning and then made cheese/mushroom, onion omelets and mini pancakes. We had our cup of coffee and enjoyed our food. Then I did the first half of Brazillian Buttlift (I didn't want to overdo it) and then two different 10M Solution Workouts. One was Cardio Pilates and the other was Cardio Kickboxing. It was good.

For lunch I am going to a Raw/Vegan restaurant with a friend and I'm very excited! Can't really go wrong there!

How are you guys doing?

Special- I have seen the ads and I gotta say, ********** looks fabulous! I love their workouts, but I have never really been a big fan of their supplements. Although I have only used their vitamin and my husband used their recovery drink.

We didn't see anything special with them and thought they were overpriced. I am always thinking, "That is what I need, for the extra push." But that is my mind wanting something "easy" and really, I know how it's done, it's hard work and changing the diet until I get to the point I can maintain.

I am weary too because the only way to get it is from a coach. I believe there is a thread somewhere in these forums about it, I searched for it a few days ago.

I would think that any type of carb/protein would be good after a crazy workout. Me, i tend to lean on the v8/Coconut water side of things since I need electrolytes/trace minerals mostly.

I will say though, I have a pretty good "greens" mix that I like, although i try not to use it often.

No matter how many supplements and shakes and powders we use, it's a fact that receiving the nutrients from whole foods is much better for you. I take multi-vits, flaxseed, vit C, Dandellion Root, and a probiotic already so I don't find the need to go overboard.

however, if I could sample a month's supply for 50 dollars I would do it 120 though, NO WAY!

As you can tell from my posts, I am quite energetic... I can't tell you how many times I have been harassed by various BB coaches to do their MLM scheme. No thank you. Maybe if I was Charlene's sister and I started some 6 years ago, I would. Those people at the top are making bank.

***TIPS FOR NUTRITIONAL GAIN:
-Eat one more fruit of veggie a day
-Drink A smoothie and add flaxseed, chia seed (fruit or greens)
-Add a green leafy (Kale, mustard greens, collard, spinach) salad to your meal every day, avoid the non-nutrient existent iceberg lettuce!
-Make a point to eat ONE HUGE salad a week! Add a piece of WW bread with it! (make salad with all the fixing, black beans, garbanzo beans, lf cheese, hard boiled eggs, red peppers, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, avocados, celery, beets, pine nuts, cucumber, yellow squash- and any other veggie you like)
- Up your greek yogurt intake and add fruit, granola or even cucumber to it
- eat beans! I always have beans prepared, and they hit the spot!
-Fresh herbs add flavor and nutrients!
- QUINOA- the mothership of all grains! It's amazing, gluten free and is so versatile!
-Snack on mixed nuts, dried fruit, seeds, veggies as opposed to chips, dips and crap.
- ALWAYS have freshly cut veggies ready. When looking in the fridge, you will reach for carrots, celery or brocc that is already cut up as opposed to when it is not. It's easy and totally worth it!

WELL GOOD LUCK! OFF TO LUNCH! WOOHOOOOOOOO!

p.s. I'm making my mom a dessert for her birthday! Growing up she loved Hostess Snowballs with the coconut on them. So I am going to attempt to make a Vegan version (for the cake) and then we'll see how I do the toppings! LOL
KimWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #17  

Goooooooooooooood afternoon!

Well, I just finished my workouts. Did a freestyle dance for 5 minutes, a pilates ballet combo with weight for 10 minutes and then TFire HIIT 20. I really didn't feel like working out, hence the short workouts in there. But hey, CELEBRATE and do something right?!?!?

SO I totally switched my workout shoes today! I AM LOVING IT! I am walking on air and feel like I am floating around when doing jumps. I love my asics gels, but really can't afford to get a new pair, so i have been wearing the ones I have. After all, they look new, but man oh man, I have worn them almost 5 - 6 days a week for a year. Time to switch... So I put on my saucony jazz originals, and you know, they are great! I have some 5 pairs I use for every day, and then three pairs of new ones (I love having different colors and recently switched to Vegan ones) and the bright blue ones I have switched to are just well... UGLY! LOL they are totally from my break dancing days back some time ago.

I was a little worried that they weren't the proper shoe, but you know, th ey totally are working and I think may even be better for what I am doing since my asics were actually trail running shoes. Not super great for tfire!

Soooo, sorry about babbling! LOL I am feeling loopy! LOL I am going to my moms in an hour to surprise her with the snowballs! SUPER EXCITED!

Hope everyone is doing well, and finding inspiration in this!
Old 02-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #18  

Hi Kim

When I was a very young girl, my Grandfather would give me those coconut snow balls. They are difficult for me to find these days. Thinking about those snow balls, bring back very happy, and loving childhood memories.

I am sticking with my exercise. Yipee!
Today is day 27 of the 30 day shred! I am very proud of myself.

I have loss lots of inches. I have loss a total of 3.5 inches from around my midsection. I had brought a dress suit that I could not get in, and now that suit fits very loose, and I can zip it up without having to hold my breath.

I am still working on improving my diet. I only had one day of junk food during my 30 day shred.

Exercise yesterday was walking for 45 minutes in the morning, and 45 minutes in the evening.
Exercise today was 20 minutes of the 30 days of shred.
And 20 minutes of pilates.

One thing that I want to accomplish this week is to get plenty of sleep, by going to bed on time. And drink lots of water.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #19  

Littlebumblebee- Good for you! You are doing awesome! Hooray! Isn't it nice to see those inches fly off! Woohooooooo! I totally hear you on the sleep thing. I need to get to bed earlier. I am up way to late DOING NOTHING! LOL So I will work on that with you! Almost done with 30 day shred, awesome, keep it up! Snowballs- childhood- YES! My mom was very touched when I walked outside with them, my face lit up from the candles. It was perfect and I am sure she will remember it for some time. She seemed more touched that I remembered something from so long ago! LOL

I am doing Turbo Fire 30 today and Bikram yoga twice. I may do a quick little cardio dance routine, it was really fun yesterday!

I ate some ice cream and a snowball for my mom's birthday but now back to the real deal of eating well. Here we go!

Time for a workout! I am trying to time it so I can do laundry when I'm done! LOL Have a great day!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #20  

Hellooooooo and good morning! Soooooo, I am feeling soooooooo good! I have my noon Bikram class with a world wide teacher! I bet my butt will be kicked! Looking forward to it! I will also be going back at 6, so we'll see how much energy is left. Due to this, I am going to take it easy today on the other workouts. I have been doing the first 10 minutes of BBL High and Tight and I love it! I can feel a difference and see a difference in my legs and butt already! I would love to do the entire video, but it is so intense on the booty, it makes my hips too tight for yoga.So, this is it for now.

Thinking I may do booty sculpt and abs or Fat Blaster today. Short and sweet!

So today also marks the first day of my monofruit cleanse. I have chosen grapefruit being I have about 20 pounds of it sitting on my table! LOL It's local, it's organic and totally in season! Can't get any better than that! I am going to do it for only one day, perhaps 2 and then back to regular eating.

Sooooooooooo, how are you guys doing what workouts have you done lately?

Off topic quick like, I just found out I may be a manager of a new Bikram studio!!!!!!!!! IT's a little early to tell, but I got the confirmation email about it yesterday! I couldn't stop dancing! I AM SO

EXCITED! It's by my husband's work so we could do lunch, I will practice every day (well i do now) and it is the perfect job while at grad school!!!!!! I also have some other things in the works that I hope to have ready by the grand opening!!!! WAAAAAH!

Have a fantastic day! Feel free to share in my delight!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #21  

Hello all! I am sorry I haven't been on for awhile! Got caught up in some other posts and just busy!

I did finish my two day mono fruit cleanse and MAN I LOVE IT! I felt great, energetic and clean! Really, I have been tracking how and what my body likes/reactions. It has been good. I realize I couldn't do a 5 day grapefruit cleanse since the acid seems to make my teeth sensitive on the last part of the second day... So mixing in greens and or apples or bananas will be a nice switch-up. Perhaps every other day or every other meal. Anyway, we'll see...

I have been doing Bikram of course and am getting ready to leave right now! I didn't do any workouts during the mono cleanse, but then did some BBL High and Tight, some ab work and good old fashioned calistenics!

I will be working out quite a bit starting monday! Have my plan / idea of aplan ready and can't wait to do any workout, any day!

How are you guys?! have a great day! It's raining here and I've been reading in the freshly cleaned bedroom and it's been great! I was watching the Blue Heron and the White Cranes fish, spending time with my husband and cat and just loving life! Going out for a raw dinner tonight!!!!

WOOOHOOOO!