Old 10-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 334/267/232 (For now)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkabrain View Post
I'm new here too, hope I'm not too late to join in : )
Been doing Walk Away the Pounds for about 2 1/2 weeks now. I started with the 2 mile workout on youtube, but am now renting the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk from Netflix. I agree that that one really gets your heart pumping, especially the Mary Kay section.
I love getting them on Netflix! I bought the Slim Down for the days I dont have on at home, but I like switching it up with a different dvds so I dont get bored. Plus this way I can go through a few till I find the one I really like and not have to keep buying them.

Good luck!!
tamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #62  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello all...

Didn't get any exercise in yesterday as I was sick but today...a little but not as much as I would have liked. 1 mile walk at the mall and then 2 miles of the Walk Your Belly Flat...ran out of time and was busy today so that will have to do. Guess it is better than nothing so...onward!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:12 AM   #63  

Thanks for the welcome!

@AnnieDrews sadly, our house has been without income for a very long time due to the economy so buying them would be out of the question. Plus, like Tamia, I really dig the variety that hiring from netflix offers and we were getting the service for movies anyway : ) Thanks for having me!

Today is my "rest day" so I'm going to do the 2 mile workout and possibly try some 10-min solutions yoga that they have on netflix instant. Now I'm sure I sound like an advert. for the service, I promise I don't work for them haha.

Hope you're all doing well.
dorkabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #64  
ecograndma

S/C/G: 253/190/153

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome Dorkabrain!

I buy DVD's used, when I can find them and I also use Netflix. I love the fact that I can watch a DVD instantly to see if I want to purchase it later.

Last night, LS Pilates, weights and crunches. Also took a 2.5 mile walk at lunch.

Tomorrow I am off work so that means a long bicycle ride in the morning. I have been using LS DVD's since July, and I love them, but it is nice to mix it up with walking outside, bicycle riding or swimming.

Our 15-month old granddaughter is spending Saturday night with us. I plan on taking her for a nice long walk and then we will go to the park to let her run wild (and get tired). Looks like we will finally have some fall like weather this weekend. We should be in the 70s by Sunday. It has been in the 90s all week. Yuck.

Have a great Thursday everyone....
Toonses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Dorka-Do whatever works for you. I guess I was thinking of using Netflix the way I did in the past....them mailing it to me, then me mailing it back.... I can see how this works for you now! Takes me a while to catch on to these newfangled ideas sometimes.

Did the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk again this morning. LOVE IT!
I am going to start alternating this with the 3 mile Boot Camp until I get to goal. Then I'll figure out how much I need to do to maintain and stay fit.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #66  
In it 4 the long haul

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Today I did the 2 mile hi calorie burn.............
want2bfit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

1 mile slim down, resistance bands
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonses View Post
I have been using LS DVD's since July, and I love them, but it is nice to mix it up with walking outside, bicycle riding or swimming.
Exactly how I use them too.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:26 PM   #69  
ecograndma

Tonight - 3 mile Bootcamp and took a 2.5 mile walk during the day.

Rcvd 5-Day Slim Down via Netflix. I will try it this weekend.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #70  

3 Mile Boot Camp w/ bands this morning. Looking forward to resting this weekend, although I will probably do some light walking out at fiance's. I may not check in until Monday so have a good weekend everyone!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:03 PM   #71  

Thanks, Toonses!

I had a really bad day today. Weighed in for the first time since being back on the exercise/good eating wagon (3 weeks) and I'd gained a pound. Was so hard to get through the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk with my motivation through the floor. I did however get through it and am at least chuffed with that. Just have to try and convince myself it's not completely pointless.

I plan to move on from this routine in a couple weeks, rather than jumping straight to a 4mile one, I thought I'd try out a different 3 mile one. Sadly Netflix doesn't have the 3 Mile Bootcamp so could anyone suggest another good 3 mile one they like?

P.S. I have the biggest blister right in the middle of the arch of my foot that is definitely attempting to make things a lot harder haha. Hope you're all having an easier time of things
dorkabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #72  

Dorka-Don't let one pound get you down! It could be water weight, etc. for all you know. Keep moving!!

You might want to watch a 4 or 5 mile DVD and just do three of the miles until you are ready to move up. I have a 5 mile walk but I just don't have that much spare time!
Old 10-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #73  

2 mile fat burn, great way to start a busy day. Looking forward to the weekend. There is a new hiking path I want to try out.

Hve a great weekend. So glad to have found 3fc.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

I almost forgot to come in here and post my walking

I did 2 miles this morning. I used The Big Burn dvd

hope everybody has a great weekend!
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #75  
ecograndma

Dorka - Do not get discouraged. I have weeks where I can lose 3 pounds one week, gain 2 pounds the next, lose 1, etc. I have had to learn to deal with the ups and downs of this process. You will learn in time (like I have) that you just stick to what you are doing and you will notice some changes. Don't rush things. I have set long range goals so I do not have to put a lot of pressure on myself.

I noticed a couple of DVDs on Netflix you might want to try, Walk Your Belly Flat and the 5-Day Slim Down. I received the 5-Day Slim Down yesterday and plan on using it tomorrow morning. Netflix also has Leslie's You Can Do Yoga and Pilates. I have purchased these and really do like to mix it up and add these to my weekly workouts. I also try and walk every work day (during my lunch) and I workout with an LS DVD every evening or ride my bicycle. I also add some strength training and crunches with some of my workouts. This overall plan works for me. You have to find something that works best for you and something that you can stick to. I also started real slow with the workouts. I started with the 1 mile, then the 2 mile and now use the 3 mile every day. When I feel real energetic, I go for it and throw in a 4 or 5 mile DVD. But, I don't push myself. I am just sticking to the course.

When I started this "journey" in January I would get disappointed and almost give up, but I have chugged along and I am now excited about exercising and most importantly, nourishing my body with healthy food. You will get there. Just get over this hump, and keep checking in with 3FC for support. We have all been there and we are here to support each other.

Stay strong girl.