3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   POWER 90 Starting Monday 5th... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/198361-power-90-starting-monday-5th.html)

Cormac 05-21-2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

I think I saw a tricep muscle a couple of days ago. The muscle immediately disappeared, so I think that means I will have 6 more weeks of flabby arms.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Have I mentioned that I love this board?? Sorry I have been MIA, but I am still at it. Just finding life incredibly challenging without DH here to help. I am not used to taking care of myself, much less myself and the dog. I am spoiled y'all.

Back later -- gotta dash to work.

YWeight 05-21-2010 11:24 AM

WEEK 3 ->->->-> done

I can't say that it is getting any easier, but I am able to do more and more of the stuff. I can't keep up with "the kids", and I think Tony sometimes forgets how to count. That's ok, I am moving and sweating and all that jazz.

One week from now, I will be 14 hours from getting on a plane and swoooooshing towards "home". I am baffled by the anxiety this is causing...there is no animosity between me and any of my family members, but for some reason this is keeping me awake at night. Maybe it's a premonition or something like that, yeah, that's it....if I tell my mom I have a bad feeling about getting on the plane, she will totally understand. Yeah, but then if she finds out I am hanging out in Mexico this fall there will be some serious 'splainin' to do. OK, strike that. Yikes...I better get my big girl pants out this weekend and put 'em through the wash.

Well, my boss is back today....he really was sick...imagine that. Alright, alright, alright, I'm going to get back to work. But one final thing - who know Prof Lupin was a werewolf, and Sirous Black was a good guy? Totally caught me off gaurd.

Have a good one - - -

bremro 05-21-2010 06:14 PM

Ok Plyometrics DONE! I goofed off and waited until the last possible second to do that and now I will have to ride to work with the windows down to dry my hair but that is okay. Yesterday was sort of a bad day for me.... We lost the ballgame by one point (Rob and I argued on the field because I told them to do one thing and he said to do something else and they listened to him... not once but twice... ) came a gulley washer and my van went through a huge puddle (lake) and the belt that apparently does everything for my van came off (tow to the house, family fixed in the morning) then power was out until midnight.... Try entertaining 3 kids jacked up on caffeine by candlelight and explaining why they can not plug their laptop in or why the light in the fridge isn't on etc etc etc... then the electric company guy sits in your driveway for 1hr while your dog barks like mad...

I woke up sore this morning I don't know what I did but I did alot of it and apparently with too much gusto cause everything hurts.... Rob could have beat the fool out of me and I would have believed it by the way I feel.

Plyo was today and I dreaded it dreaded it dreaded IT until I started and then felt great! I wore my heart monitor watch and checked it every water break and I was in the Zone for the whole hour.... Good because I had gained a few lbs and didn't know why...

YWeight ~ you are rocking it out and I admire how you stick with it... I have notice that a lot of people start then wan off (my hubby)... You will have a good time with your family... You are doing so much positive for yourself it has to show through...

Cormac ~ God Bless you doing everything while hubby is away.... I know I don't realize how much Rob does until he is gone....

I work tonight then catching a ride with a girl from work to go to a tournament (all three girls are on a travel tournament team) 40 mins from work (over 1 hr from home) That will be all day then my middle Diva is having someone over to spend the night.... God Bless that child coming to this house. I have warned the parents and they still are letting her come over... I am going to do my darnedest to get in shoulder and arms after all that but if I don't I am not going to beat myself up too much....

I have packed healthy food for the cooler for me... Rob packed Kit Kats, PBj, and cheese its for him and the kids.. He did pack Grapes and watermelon to keep them hydrated... So wish me luck and that I don't tackle any unaware nacho carrying fans.. I will be away from the home turf so you never know who might come too close.... I should probably wear a sign... Don't feed or bring food too close to the bear (aka sleep deprived overweight stressed out mom who hasn't had a nacho in almost 60 days.....)

Have a good night all.... I'll check back in when I can....

AllisonR 05-21-2010 07:18 PM

Hey everyone,

I've been MIA as well, but back on track.

Yesterday I did Core Synergistics and Cardio.

Today I did Cardio.

Tomorrow will be Legs and Back and Cardio.

And Sunday will be Pylometrics.

Message to everyone - I know life is superbusy for everyone. So just sending good thoughts and good wishes for everyone to stay active, even if it's just for 15 minutes.

Bremro - I know, right?! Pylo was such a dreaded workout after my second or third time doing it, because I wanted to throw up. But now, I think I'm at the point where I can handle it. Sometimes I have to take slightly longer breaks, but other than that, it's amazing.

Y-Weight - Good luck with your short term goal. Let's keep it going! Woot! Woot!

I think I'm on day 80 or so. But I will concede that perhaps July 1st is a better goal for me, since I usually take an extra rest day because of my schedule. But in 10 days, I will be brave and try on my old WHITE WHITE WHITE Jacob size 5/6 pants.

Lidoffad 05-22-2010 11:14 AM

Hi, everyone!

You guys are all great! Even though I only come back about once a week or so, reading through your posts do motivate me.

I'm taking the day off today. Yesterday was supposed to be Sculpt, but I spent the time on my treadmill walking/jogging three miles and also walked about a mile around my neighborhood with the hubby after he got off work. The day before yesterday (my official treadmill day), I walked/jogged 2 miles.

Today, yesterday and Thursday I've had pain in the right hand part of my head. It's weird tho... because it's only when I move or SMILE. So, I'm thinking somewhere there is a pulled muscle. I'm taking a break today to see if that helps at all. If it doesn't clear up by Monday, I will be making an appointment to see my doctor.

I still haven't gotten this eating business down. Next week, I will be home for all of my meals and will have time to cook... so I have to get SOMETHING figured out. I have about 6 chicken breasts frozen... so I'll be having those for sure. I'll just have to stick to a healthy diet for one week, and I know I'll see some weight drop. Once that happens, I'm sure I will be motivated enough to continue putting more effort towards my meals. I can hope at least, right??? I haven't seen any weight drop... but I do feel more confident and seem to be "glowing" more. My husband has noticed that, too.

I've discovered some awesome dance/dubstep music... I think I may be locking myself in my home office this weekend and busting a move to burn some calories. ;)

Keep moving, everyone!

AllisonR 05-22-2010 05:13 PM

Hey guys,

Happy long weekend, everyone.

Here's a short story for you. I have to do double today: Legs and Back and Cardio X. I wanted to do Legs and Back first, and resolved to do it after my nap. (It's a Saturday! I'm allowed! Hehehe) I pressed play, and got halfway through the warm up, and just said to myself, "I can't do it. I feel disgusting and gross."

So I stopped.

I waited for 20 minutes, turned on an unbelievably sleazy gossip show, and pressed play again. I sweated, and I did it! Now I feel so much better than before. Near the end, I almost wanted to stop too, because there was only one 1-minute break, and I just wasn't breathing too well. Anyway, I slugged through, even though it sucked. But now I feel like I can get through Cardio X.

So yay! And yay for youse guys!

Cormac 05-23-2010 11:43 AM

"Are you there God? It's me Margaret." (pseudodym for today). "Thank you God for bringing DH home 2 days ahead of schedule, 'cuz if you hadn't I was about to get all apocalyptic. Between the work-drama, the epileptic and now-semi-paralyzed malamute, and the empty-but-dirty rental unit, I thought i'd had enough." I have had enough, but DH is in Utica, NY, which means only 5-6 hours before he pulls my chips out of the fire. Woot.

Today was REST day, though I have not rested. Lack of DH led me into an abyss of floor cleaning, and I haven't emerged yet. Also, umm, for about a week I have been wondering why my back hurts so much, and I have been blaming it on P90. Duhhhhhhh ..... helllo hoisting 90-lb. malamute up the stairs. How dumb can I be?!? It is hard to describe the posture one must assume when hoisting the malamute, but I assure you that it is bad for the back.

Sooooo happy that my DH and work out buddy comes home today. No idea what his attitude will be -- could be that 7 days in the car and moving books/furniture have ruined him for tomorrow's sculpt, but we will see.

Have a great Sunday all!!

YWeight 05-24-2010 12:12 PM

Happy Monday Everyone -

OK, 2nd attempt at a post....I'm just going to apologize now for being out of sorts and off my game this week. I will probably not be fit to mingle in public until around June 9th or so.

Keep up the good work everyone....

Cormac 05-25-2010 01:20 PM

Happy Tuesday -- OYYY. I can't believe it is Tuesday, feels like Friday of next week already, AND I AM SORRY FOR BEING A LOUSY E-FITNESS FRIEND for the last few days. Schedule appears to be settling down, and I will try harder. I did end up missing one extra workout, but got right back on the horse this morning. With the whacked schedule behind me, and DH back where he beongs, I am also excited aboutt his process again. Just 30-ish more days and then I figure out what I want to do next.

Shout outs later -- in the office and I actually have work that needs to get done!

AllisonR 05-25-2010 09:39 PM

Hey guys,

I'm still doing it!

Legs and Back and 1 hour of walking today. Kenpo X tomorrow and Cardio X/walking.

Off-topic: I went to a live taping of ETalk with Jake Gyllenhaal. Haha. If any of you guys have Canadian TV, keep your eyes peeled for me!

bremro 05-25-2010 11:11 PM

Seems like we are all very busy... I took some rest days but got back out at it today. Shoulders and arms..... Made it through..... Tomorrow is Yoga but I noticed that he mentions about 30 or so minutes in that if you aren't that into yoga you can substitute CardioX So guess which one I am doing tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have a 6th grade graduation, 1st picnic, ball practice, one kid going to a sleep over then working..... but I am off Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon woohoo...

Cormac 05-26-2010 08:32 AM

Woot Brem-- keep going... Just noticed that you are only 3 lbs. from goal number 1. Fan-freaking-tastic. We got it done again today -- sweat. Noticed that it is much much harder when the temperature is 80 degrees and humid. I am soaked. Late for work as usual. Back later I hope.

YWeight 05-26-2010 11:30 AM

I'm here....I finally figured out that no matter how many Hershey bars I would eat if I gave in to the temptation, I would still have to get on that plane on Friday. So no Hershey bars, just sweat and sculpt.

Cormac 05-26-2010 05:27 PM

Hi Guys,

I am back. There is no way that I can catch up on my week of being remiss, so for today I am not going to try. I do want to mention though, that I am so happy that we are all still here despite the week's distractions. All--WTG at keeping with it despite upsets, resets, and so on. Let's not allow each other to give up, eh?

I am thinking about ordering the X. Bizarrely enuf, I actually had a dream the other night that I *was* doing the X. Of course, since I've only seen youtube videos of a few workouts, the dream was nothing like reality. But some part of me wants to try. Downside for me is the time commitment. Schedule/hours are such that I can only realistically workout before work, which for the X means that I would have to push play at 6 AM. Can I do that? I don't know. DH's schedule gets him home around 9-10 PM most nights .... Hmmm. Also worried that I am not fit enuf. Arrgh.

Okay, apparently I have a lot to think about. Would love to do individual comments right now but I have to go review some documents (translation -- head into a windowless room to dig through unorganized boxes of c*ap and figure out if anything is relevant and worth copying). I know, right? It's glamorous y'all. Glad I wore white today.

But let's get it again tomorrow, shall we?

No spell check -- sorry will edit later.

YWeight 05-27-2010 10:40 AM

OK....first about your today's tasks at work....reminds me of the worst job I ever had. Staple pulling. No lie, I sat in a room for 8 hours a day and pulled staples from documents that were to be micrfiched. Talk about motivation for going back to college...that did it, life in the real world turned out to be not so glamorous.

X huh? You all are very brave. I'm seriously doubting I will be ready for 3-4 in 15 days, but if I ever get there I'm sure the Master Series will be my next step.

But I have a question...what are the real differences between P90X and Insanity? Perhaps I will Google it and make that my distraction of my own reality for today.

Keep at it and DON'T GIVE UP