Old 01-05-2010, 01:39 AM   #541  
Beings fats is brutals

Height: 5'10

I have a question for you ladies that have NMTZ and BFBM in addition to 30DS.

I've been wanting to try them, but I'm afraid that doing another workout INSTEAD of 30DS is cheating. Like it will set me back or something? I know it's weird. And I haven't been tough enough to try one IN ADDITION to my regular 30DS session yet.

Anyway, what do you guys think, will skipping a day of 30DS (LV2) for trying NMTZ or BFBM be an easy way out? Are those workouts just as tough or tougher? Are they total body with cadio, strength and abs?

I don't want to set myself back. I'm trying to be really diligent about exercising! I just thought it might be a good option for variety IF (and only if) it's just as effective.
Metal Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:45 AM   #542  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Chick View Post
I have a question for you ladies that have NMTZ and BFBM in addition to 30DS.

I've been wanting to try them, but I'm afraid that doing another workout INSTEAD of 30DS is cheating. Like it will set me back or something? I know it's weird. And I haven't been tough enough to try one IN ADDITION to my regular 30DS session yet.

Anyway, what do you guys think, will skipping a day of 30DS (LV2) for trying NMTZ or BFBM be an easy way out? Are those workouts just as tough or tougher? Are they total body with cadio, strength and abs?

I don't want to set myself back. I'm trying to be really diligent about exercising! I just thought it might be a good option for variety IF (and only if) it's just as effective.
Metal Chick, I just bought the NMTZ and tried it out and I can for sure say it is tougher than 30 DS. It is about 50 mins long. I have a feeling switching them up will work out all sorts of different areas and changing the levels will keep me from getting bored or over exhausting one area of my body all at once. but I'm no expert since I am totally new to exercising so please someone else come and answer this question !!
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #543  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikan View Post
Metal Chick, I just bought the NMTZ and tried it out and I can for sure say it is tougher than 30 DS. It is about 50 mins long. I have a feeling switching them up will work out all sorts of different areas and changing the levels will keep me from getting bored or over exhausting one area of my body all at once. but I'm no expert since I am totally new to exercising so please someone else come and answer this question !!
NMTZ is more challenging than 30DS, if for the duration alone.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #544  

This is a run down of the "No more trouble zones work out". Someone else wrote this up on amazon as part of their review and I think it is pretty helpful- so don't credit me.

"Warmup: Basic marching in place, jumping rope (no rope needed), arm circles, skaters (simulate speed skating) and jumping jacks. Then you repeat the entire sequence for a complete five minutes.

Circuit #1- Shoulder & Legs
- Squat with Shoulder Press
- Backwards Lunge with Side Shoulder Raise (repeat on other leg)
- Chair Squat with Front Shoulder Raise
- Front Shoulder PressOuts

Circuit #2- Chest & Abs
- Chest Press with a Crunch
- Chest Fly with Double Leg Raise
- Bicycle Crunches
- Squirms (lying down with knees bent. lift head and shoulder blades off ground and alternate bending to the side and tapping your heels).
- PushUp

Circuit #3- Biceps & Butt
- Deadlift with Hammer Curl
- Static Squat with Concentration Curl
- Front Lunge with Wide Grip Curl (repeat on other leg)
- Side Lunge with Biceps Curl

Circuit #4- Thighs & Triceps
- Chair Pose with Triceps Kickback
- Sumo Squat with Overhead Triceps Press
- Surrender (step back and down to kneeling position then stand up again)
- Forward Lunge with Triceps Pushback (repeat on other leg)

Circuit #5- Core
- Double Crunches
- Twisting Plank
- Plank with ToeTaps (repeat with other leg)
- Windshield Wipers (lying down lift both legs and move from side-to-side)

Circuit #6- Upper Body & Core
- Plank with Back Rows
- Superman
- Scissor Kicks
- Pelvic Thrusts (repeat on other leg)

Circuit #7- Lower Body & Core
- Side Plank
- Side Lying Leg Raise
- Inner Thigh Raise
- Donkey Kicks
- Fire Hydrant with Kick

Then relax with a nice cooldown. "
Old 01-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #545  
Beings fats is brutals

Hmm. It sounds like I will have to try NMTZ. If it's as tough as it sounds I don't think I'll be feeling guilty for doing it instead of the occasional 30DS session. Thanks for the feedback!
================================================== =
So I did NMTZ in place of 30DS last night. It was definitely an intense workout but I don't think there was enough cardio because my heart wasn't racing as fast as it usually is.

Is it okay that it's not as intense on the cardio because it's longer? Does it burn the same calories or did I totally screw myself?

I tried to go ahead and do 30DS afterwards, but I was too weak. I couldn't do the walking pushups and had to throw in the towel.

Last edited by Metal Chick; 01-06-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #546  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Chick View Post
Hmm. It sounds like I will have to try NMTZ. If it's as tough as it sounds I don't think I'll be feeling guilty for doing it instead of the occasional 30DS session. Thanks for the feedback!
================================================== =
So I did NMTZ in place of 30DS last night. It was definitely an intense workout but I don't think there was enough cardio because my heart wasn't racing as fast as it usually is.

Is it okay that it's not as intense on the cardio because it's longer? Does it burn the same calories or did I totally screw myself?

I tried to go ahead and do 30DS afterwards, but I was too weak. I couldn't do the walking pushups and had to throw in the towel.
I think because you spend more time on the workout your still burning a lot of calories (maybe a little more). I tried the Banish fat boost metabolism one the other day and I think I felt the same as you do. I didn't feel my heart rate go up a lot, but I was tired at the end of the work out- whew.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:36 AM   #547  
Beings fats is brutals

Yeah, you're probably right. I guess I don't have to be DYING for it to be considered a worthwhile workout. haha

I think I'm afraid of Jillian. She's an Angry Goddess.

During my 30DS tonight I REALLY felt all those muscles I woke up with the NMTZ last night though! I will probably keep on with the 30DS, then maybe try BFBM next week sometime too.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #548  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm new here and just ordered the 30DS can't wait to get it in the mail and get started. I'm just wondering if anyone finished the whole 30 days and what your results were...
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #549  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I just finished Day two of 30DS, I couldn't do the push ups due to the pain in my arms yesterday but I manage to do the rest. She still kicked my butt but I can see it getting a little easier! I'm not sure how well I'll do after my 12 hour shifts luckily though I have 4 days on and 4 days off.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #550  
losing weight not my mind

I just bought 30DS, some weights and even a new dvd player the other day and they are all still sitting in the packaging because I had an emotionally hard day yesterday and have been binging and crying ever since I got home from work last night. I want to start it today but I just don't know if I'm motivated..
skinnyin2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #551  
Beings fats is brutals

You can do it! I was in a funk for about 4 or 5 days, but I STILL made myself do it. Yesterday I was finally feeling better. I'm glad I made myself Shred all those days. I would have been mad at myself if I hadn't. We all have bad days or weeks. Every once in a while I get down, but when I trudge through I feel better about myself for staying committed to MYSELF and my goals.

You're only going to feel worse for not exercising! Exercising releases endorphins which are natural painkillers that promote an increased sense of well-being. And exercise can ease the gloominess of depression, reduce the tension associated with anxiety and promote relaxation.

Plus you will be able to pat yourself on the back for doing it instead of kicking yourself in the butt for not!

And welcome to all the new Shredders!!! You'll LOVE the way Jillian makes you feel and look.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #552  

S/C/G: 247/247/160

Height: 5'5"

i have been doing 30ds every other day .. today is my day off, but it will be day 6 of actual dvd day.. because im really stressed so im going to work out. only one thing.
if i dont eat anything before i work out. i get REALLY nauseous.
its 8pm and i havent eaten anything at all today.

its a HORRIBLE day for me. im living with a friend and she does nothing but scream at me. and always in front of a huge group of people! ugh!
ill admit im an emotional eater, but ill go from one extreme to another. ill either eat a lot. or not eat at al. because i feel like that, and exercising, are the only things i CAN control! I HATE IT!
hollywoodkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #553  

Metal Chick - thank you for the words of encouragement. I took the first step and took the dvd player out of the box and hooked it up. Now I just need to put the dvd INTO the player lol... I sound really pathetic but I have to do baby steps right now or I'll do nothing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodkatt View Post

its a HORRIBLE day for me. im living with a friend and she does nothing but scream at me. and always in front of a huge group of people! ugh!
ill admit im an emotional eater, but ill go from one extreme to another. ill either eat a lot. or not eat at al. because i feel like that, and exercising, are the only things i CAN control! I HATE IT!
hollywoodkatt - I'm the exact same way.. I go from not eating at all to overeating emotionally. I usually starve myself all day and then eat junk. I've been better in the past couple months about this up until this week. I need to figure out how to not let my emotions control ME!

Since there's no judgment here, I'll make this promise to you all. I am going to do the 30 ds tonight and report back when I've accomplished it!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:31 PM   #554  
ShredMamaShred

S/C/G: 175/168/150

Default Yay!

I am so glad I found this forum. I am so excited to be doing the 30DS! I just completed day4 of level 1. It is sooo much easier now. I can't believe how much my endurance has increased. I still do the girlie pushups and the arm raises with side lunges at the end KILL me. But I can do it. I even did high jumps for the jump rope and butt kicks today. I hurt like you know what but I am SO proud of myself! I look forward to hearing of yalls progress as we do this SHRED together!
JessiHarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #555  

I just discovered I need a stealth strength sports bra or I'm gonna seriously hurt myself doing this workout.

p.s. - welcome JessiHarri!!

Last edited by skinnyin2010; 01-10-2010 at 12:03 AM.