Old 09-05-2008, 09:17 PM   #136  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

So for a beginner which 'set' of YBB do you chicks recommend?
SephyFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:51 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 158/148/130

Height: 5'7"

My favorites, as a beginner, are total toning basics and advance abs and booty (come together on the basic goddess dvd) and cardio cabaret. Hip Hop Abs is okay too. So if you get these two or three dvds and the ball, you can stay challenged and un-bored for at least a month. Then, you can try adding in some others of the Live series or the total goddess dvd (which has sculpt and three 12-min each workouts).
I just did Sculpt for the second time ever and really loathe it on many levels - no dance (which is the part I like best) - ballet or booty - and no sit-ups (which I also like) - just weights and really over-the-top yoga. The short workouts on that DVD are much better, IMO.
I have the Masters series DVDs but haven't tried them yet - I'm waiting til I'm completely bored with the others, which hasn't happened yet. I really love the Advanced Abs dance routine!!!
Have fun,
meggoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #138  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

Height: 5'4"

the Masters' series is awesome.

and i agree with everything meggoat said!
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #139  
Booty-Tron

i bought The Firm: Total Toner and while i like it, i don't really like the instructor....

here's the thing: i know that Gillian and Teigh are scripted, but they don't seem AS scripted as a lot of things... a lot of the time it just seems spontaneous (like when teigh starts singing and gillian laughs). Allie, the Firm trainer, was good at explaining the various moves, but it seemed like she didn't want to be there. ALSO, she had enormous boobs that distracted me.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:02 PM   #140  

I've been away from 3FC and YBB for too long. I've been keeping up with morning walks and calorie counting and surprisingly still losing weight but looking forward to this weekend when I can do a couple of YBB workouts to help with the toning - I might try a Master's for variety - which do you think is the most FUN??
I find G and T to be some of the least annoying workout instructors I've come across...

Last edited by meggoat; 09-17-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #141  

How's everyone's YBB coming? I've honestly not done any in about 2 weeks (after being away and getting out of the habit) and need some inspiration here to get back into the routine. I'm losing weight much more slowly by not doing this in addition to the walking!!! My short-term goal's to lose another 2 pounds by the end of the month and I need YBB to do this...
Old 09-25-2008, 06:36 PM   #142  
Booty-Tron

here's some inspiration!

there's this great site called My Virtual Model. you can put in your height and weight and it calculates a virtual image of you. it's useful for seeing yourself after weight loss. and here are mine! the first one is at 165lbs, and the second is at 135lbs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg myself.jpg (14.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg hotness.jpg (17.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 09-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I'm not really a fan of the total toning basics. It's too boring for me. I really love the Cardio Cabaret and the Hip Hop Abs is great too. Maybe Total Toning Basics just has too much yoga, not enough booty ballet for me.
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:09 AM   #144  
Booty-Tron

i haven't done total toning basics for a long time... but i can imagine it being too easy for me now!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:22 AM   #145  
Booty-Tron

tonimaroni2, you should look into getting some of the Live DVDs... they have way more dancing and stuff. I recommend Body Sculpting: Bollywood Style.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Thanks, I'll look into that!!
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Hello ladies first time. I have recently been trying to get back into weight loss and i go to the gym sporadically enought to feel like im working out but not see any results! awesome.. so i figured a video would be just what i needed. i saw this thread and decided to give yoga booty ballet a try. its been in my closet for a week but i just busted it out and i am in love! about 2 years ago i was up to 220. and on my 5'2" frame! but I combined walking and one video (denise austins fat blasting yoga) and that brought me down to 190. over this year i have gradually gotten down to 180 but i am ready to recommit and blast through those last 50 pounds to my goal! i liked denise austin alot (and hey i got results) but after 4 months of the one video i was bored out my mind.. i just tryed total toning basics .. i thought it would be too easy for me. since i can do a good amount of cardio when i choose too. but it definitly got me sweating. and i love the variety that came with the kit i got at target (30 bucks) i just need to get hand weights..i didnt know you needed them so i did it without them. anyways i love the instructors and im super excited about the variety.. i think ill combine it will cardio at the gym to really see results. but i hope to get some constant inspiration from this thread and check in with you guys. i think it will really help motivate me.

Vi

Last edited by VivaVi; 10-04-2008 at 01:43 PM.
VivaVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #148  
Booty-Tron

i LOVE when people discover YBB. it makes me smile.

and i live two minutes away from a Super Target, so i'm there all the time. something that's awesome: they run out of YBB starter sets about once every two weeks. yay for people trying something new!

VivaVi, welcome! if you need any help or inspiration, we are all here for each other.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

so just tried cardio cabaret. i have literally watched it 3 times without being able to get into it and toady i finally just told myself to just do it. and im glad i did! i think thats the thing the set is so campy you really have to go in with an open mindset. i really enjoyed it and it was easier than i thought it would be once i caught on.
VivaVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:18 PM   #150  
Booty-Tron

i LOVE cardio cabaret. and i've said it before, but i'll say it again: i can do the whole thing without the video and even without music. it's a good party trick.

it took me a while to get it, though! especially the weird knee thing towards the end ("Left arm goes crazy").

can anyone else recite what Gillian and Teigh say verbatim? i can and it's sad.