Old 02-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Hi
Well I am feeling alot better today, I did get to do two loads of wash yesterday and pick up a little around here, trying to eat some food but it just has no taste to me right now, I am sorry to say but I think I will have to take another day off, but tomorrow I am going to start back ill do a 2 mile one okay hope you all have a great walking day
Dusty
Dusty4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #62  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

lita

You will find quite a bit of support here. We're all Leslie junkies.

Dusty, take as much time as you need. Don't push it.

No workout for me today. I'm finishing our packing, taking the cat to the vet, hitting the bank and getting a hair cut, etc etc etc.

Last edited by cbmare; 02-07-2008 at 11:02 AM.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #63  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

This morning I did the 4 mile super challenge and 10 min on my bike.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #64  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

cb
What do you mean no workout today. Seems to me, with all you have to do. You will be getting quite a workout without the video lol.

Dusty
You do what you can do rather it be two miles or one or 1/2. We have to let the body get better or we just make it worse.

lita
Hi. I like the walk the walk for the week of my DOT I go to hard to do anything vigorous. It a great workout for that week. Also great for the times my knee and hip hurt. Just keeping the body going is a good thing.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #65  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Just finished the 5 mile walk and I might do another 1 or 2 miles later today.
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:18 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

No WATP for me today. I don't do it every day, it depends on if I get to the gym or if I do a different workout. Today is a rest day for me. I haven't taken a day off from working out in more than 2 weeks, time to give my body a day to recooperate. Got notice today that the WATP videos I ordered have finally been shipped. Can't wait for them to arrive! Have a great day ladies!
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #67  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmare View Post
The times I stayed home with my kids was a great time. I don't know why people think that stay at home moms do nothing. I think spending quality time with your kids can not be replaced.

I had to take a day off. I think I may have to alternate for a while until my feet get used to those inserts. I am following the times they gave me. However, they are sore today.

Oh, Cher, if you see this, boobalah had the ribs yesterday. He lightly steamed them to rehydrate them. He liked the sauce, too. He says we have to go there when we come back. I told him that if we go with you, he'd better let you keep the flatware caddy.
I'm here, I'm here!!! I didn't know you got some inserts, I hope they are helping!!! I've had inserts before and they really helped me...they did take awhile to get use to though.

Glad that boobalah liked the ribs. My husband had them the same night we went and really liked them. My oldest son knew of that place we went to and had been there before with my husband (before we moved here and my husband was out here on business). That would be great for us to go there with our hubbies sometime!!! And ah yeah, we'll need to keep the flatware caddy near me.

It's great to get caught up with all of the posts here and get to know other Leslie junkies! I've been doing the WATP 3 mile with weights! It's still my fav. I'll be getting the Walk Slim series DVD (1, 2, and 3 miles) this weekend, I'm ready!!!

Last edited by Cheree; 02-07-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 224.6/199.4/125

Height: 5"5'

Thanks for the welcome guys! I did a 40 minute Walk/Jog outside this morning and tonight I did 3 miles of the 5 mile DVD. It was a struggle for the 1st mile, but then I got a ton of energy and finished strong.
lita0682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:35 PM   #69  
Rennie

Thought I would pop in and let everyone know what is going on. As you know we are tearing out the carpet in our one hallway and putting wood floors down. WELL since I am a accident looking for a place to happen. I found a place today lol. I tripped over a piece of lint ( lol ) on the floor we had just pulled the carpet off of and fell down the stairs. Let me re say that. I fell down the three stairs to the landing and then down the flight of stairs lol. I wasn't laughing at the time and sure hope God forgives me for the things I WAS saying on the way down. I will be ok but I did something to my hip, which I have no idea what they are talking about. Closest I can understand is that I sprained it. Well it means ( my mother has said this for years ) I finally found that place to darn near kill myself because I am such a klutz lol. The doc said I can walk all I want ( as long as it doesn't hurt to much ). No jumping or sprinting. Not really in the mood to jump or sprint lol. Think I might take his advice on that one lol. Did a couple one mile videos today ( did it hurt you might ask ) don't be foolish of course it hurt lolol. Do you think I am made of plastic hehehe. But, I was able to do them. Think the knee lifts and kicks are going to have to wait for a bit. So for now, it seems 1 mile videos and upper body workouts are going to be the exercise I can do. My daughter brought me Oreo cookies because of course they help with pain. I ate 10 of them before I knew it. Going to be paying for that. First time in almost 10 months I haven't been on plan. Won't kill me but sure isn't smart. Glad there are no more of the darn things in the house lol. Checked fit day. Since I have been on the lower end of what I allow myself for a few weeks, I am still within my ranges. Think this still means lots of chicken and salads for a week lol. Will just have to see how long it takes to get back into action. Doc said it could be a few days it could be a few weeks.

lita
Nice going on the walking

Cheree
I love the walk slim series.

Sapphire
You really should take at least 1 day off a week. Give the muscles and body time to rest.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:19 PM   #70  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Shy - Sorry to hear about your accident! I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself any worse than you did! Sounds like you need to take it easy for awhile. You're in good company, a few years back I missed the curb and fell into the street, I didn't hurt anything but I was sure sore on my hip and the hand that took the brunt of my fall. Take care!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #71  
Rennie

cheree
Thanks. I have always said thank heavens I did ballet and gymnastics for about 15 years because without them I would be dead by now lol. Oh, I am taking it easy. Did the walking videos but only 1 mile at a time and didn't do all the moves just the walking. Wanted to get in 3 miles tonight but 2 was all I got done and I didn't do my resistance training that I wanted to do. Just a bit to sore.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:30 AM   #72  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

So sorry for your pain, Shy! Hopefully it will go away quickly so you can get back to walking pain free!

Last night the kids wanted the TV, so I hopped on the treadmill for a total of 40 minutes. I had to stop and take DD to dance after 25 minutes, but I got back on and went a bit past 2 miles by the time I finished.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

I did the 2 mile Walk Slim this morning

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #74  
Starting Fresh

Yikes Shy, hope you heal fast! I always slip down the stairs but never fall!

Didn't really feel much like exercising this morning but I did two fast miles and a few mintues on my rebounder.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #75  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

lita0682 - Sounds like you got in a lot of great walking yesterday!

Shy - sounds like you are taking it easy with just doing the walking. Congrats for getting in 2 miles yesterday.

Michele - WTG getting on the treadmill since you didn't have access to the TV. We use to have a treadmill when we lived in Colorado and we couldn't move it out here to California with us, I sure miss it. We had it set up in the basement with a TV in front of it, very convenient.

Cathy - congrats on getting the 2 mile Walk Slim workout in this morning. You must be an early riser!

sotypical - that's great you did 2 fast miles even when you didn't feel like exercising. I need to be able to push myself into doing a DVD even when I don't feel like it too. Often for me, it's just getting going, once I do get going, it's great. (I think of the one workout that Leslie and Randy talk about people "getting off the couch". LOL)

I ended up doing the 3 miles Walk Away the Waistline with the belt last night (the one that you can get in Wal-Mart). To be honest, it isn't my favorite. This is the first Leslie Sansone DVD I've purchased that when it says 1, 2, and 3 mile walks, they aren't separate workouts. This one, for those of you who may not be familiar with it, is a 3 mile walk but you can start in a different section of it depending on if you want to do 1, 2, or 3 miles (markers). It didn't feel like it was ever getting up to a real high level of intensity (I guess that's one reason I'm looking forward to the Walk Slim DVD's I'm getting this weekend - 2 DVD set).

Does anyone have a 4 mile one they like? (I use to have the Super Challenge 4 miles and I liked it, but I lost it in the move) - Thanks!

Last edited by Cheree; 02-08-2008 at 04:26 PM.