Old 02-13-2008, 01:13 AM   #106  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

cheree
That is what the hubby says. I am gaining and losing all at the same time lol. My measurements show I have lost about 1/2 an inch all over so I guess that is better than nothing. I am still consistently losing 2lbs every two weeks.

sotypical
You can mark the beginning of the mile in all the videos that i know of and just do a warm up first and then hit the beginning of the video. Don't know if I will ever get to 4 miles lol. The lungs let me do some of the three mile videos but not all of them yet. I had my appointment with my lung doc and he said the lungs are doing great but might be stretch out all they are going to.

Lynsey
.5, it can be so many thing. Bad day for a weigh in, heaven knows weight fluctuates, muscles gain, water weight or could just be something stuck that you didn't want to stick. Keep at it, you will see a loss before you know it.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:00 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Still super sore today. Up to 171.5. Don't like to see that. Especially with my weigh in tomorrow. I won't be exercising Thursday so they should get a little break then. I think I'll take it easier tonight and just do a few slower miles. I REALLY hope this gain is just my muscles recooping.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #108  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

i didn't get a chance to walk last night due to traffic being so bad that after leaving work i didn't get home until 4 hours later... so needless to say i was super tired... so ya... i didn't work out, just went to bed
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:52 AM   #109  
Rennie

lynsey
It could be muscle gain. I think that sometimes happens.

sxul
This can be a difficult time to walk outdoors if you are walking on the road. The streets aren't all that great, traffic is terrible and people are tired from it taking so long to get home and maybe not paying enough attention to those around them. You be careful.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #110  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Shy - I can't see to skip through the miles in the express DVD with I hit the forward button it skips the whole thing and goes straight to the strech or if I hit the back button it goes back to the beginning, LOL.

This morning I did 4 miles. I did the 3 mile weight loss walk - WOW it was AWESOME! So much fun and the second mile KICKED MY BUTT I couldn't keep up during parts of it. Then I did the 3rd mile again without the weights. This one was awesome, I can see myself doing this one a lot I also liked how I could pick any of the miles from the menu and the streach very awesome

I still have 3 more dvds to try haha - but I might just stick to this one for a bit
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #111  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

shy- ya it can be... but i have a short walk and have my winter boots for walking to and from the office... i have cute little ballet flats for around the office.... we had an ice storm last night... so that's why it took me so long to get home

i think tonight i am going to try to do the 3 mile express after dinner with a girlfriend of mine.
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #112  

Just read this thread and went and bought another DVD. I got the 3 mile weight loss one. My hubby was just telling me the other night to not get any new ones for awhile....ooops. LOL!

Ok, so how long can you do one video without your body getting used to it? I try to do different ones but I like to end with the 2 fast miles off the 5 mile advanced. Is it not going to be really effective if I keep doing it? I hope I'm mixing it up enough.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:25 PM   #113  

Just finished the last 2 miles of the Walk Away the Waistline. I'm still super sore so I thought I better not over do it.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:08 PM   #114  
Rennie

lynsey
You can do each videos in a variety of ways, they can last forever. Do a different one each time. You don't really have to have that many. I have one I do almost everyday and have for weeks and weeks. I really like the workout and it gets the body going in the morning. Change how far apart your feet are while you walk. do arm movements all Thur the video ( as long as you aren't going at to fast a pace). Maybe use different things while doing the videos, dumbbells, stretchy cords, walk away the waist belt. Do kick backs and side to sides in a more seated position. Anything you change, changes which muscles you use and changes the intensity of the videos.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-15-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #115  
Starting Fresh

this morning i did 2 brisk miles and 10 min on bike
Old 02-15-2008, 06:58 AM   #116  

No video for me yesterday. I had a house full when I got home and then by the time we went out for dinner and such there just wasn't time. I kinda thought that would happen. I was down another .5 this morning though. Strange how that happens when you DON'T exercise.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:46 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I have found my new favorite Leslie workout! The 5 mile video! I got it in the mail on Wednesday and did the WHOLE thing yesterday and LOVED it! AND, according to my heartrate monitor, I burned over 700 calories just doing that one video! WOO HOO! I'm looking forward to doing that one again!
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #118  
Starting Fresh

Did the 3 mile weight loss walk this morning really liking this one!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #119  
Rennie

I am still hooked on the express's. I love them
Old 02-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Hi Everyone
The Leslie dvds that I use the most are the advanced 5 miles and the 1,2,3and 4 slim miles I do the 3 miles from each one then some days I will do the 2 express miles just to mix it up a bit this week I started out good but thur I had to keep a close eye on my granddaughter who was running a fever I usually just watch her youngest sister so by the time they went home I just never had a chance to do the dvds then on Friday I just took the day off so this morning I am ready to get walking agan join Leslie and the SISTER'S IN SWEATand get a great workout okay hope you all have a great walking day
Dusty
Dusty4800 is offline   Reply With Quote