Old 06-06-2007, 12:51 AM   #16  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Geez ladies! Where are you?

Dr. C, my boss, had to go for an eye appt today. I left work early and stopped by the store for some shrimp. boobalah was supposed to be at a company dinner tonight. YIPPPEEEE! I got to have what I wanted for dinner! He doesn't like shrimp.

Anyway, I'd rented another of her dvds from the library. I did the fat burning one today. Boy oh boy! What a workout! So I had 2 of her workouts today. I didn't do the body sculpting part, just the other self abuse parts.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:18 PM   #17  
I wanna be a loser, too

OK. I'm getting lonely here.

I got up this morning and did the first 2 miles of the 5 mile challenge.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:29 PM   #18  
mathlab

S/C/G: 224/163/145

Height: 5'3"

Hi, all,

I just got the Walk Slim set and did the 4 fast miles - I love it! It's hard to believe that it really is 4 miles. I like that it's a more strenuous workout. Now, when I do Leslie's older tapes, they seem rather sedate by comparision.
bethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:39 PM   #19  
Can't Doesn't Exist

S/C/G: 285/270/175

Height: 5'8"

Hey guys.

I know, I know, I was a bad girl. Just about the time I really dedicated myself to an exercise routine, my BIL died suddenly (on Mother's Day), leaving my step-sister alone and almost 7 months pregnant. I've been staying with her, and I just got back home yesterday.

Mreh, my eating hasn't been too good, but I managed to get in a decent amount of physical activity. My body got used to having "cleaner" foods in it, and I'm sure it will be happy to get back to that.

Today I went back to square one and did the 1 mile Get Up and Get Started.
Astrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:30 PM   #20  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrae View Post
I know, I know, I was a bad girl. Just about the time I really dedicated myself to an exercise routine, my BIL died suddenly (on Mother's Day), leaving my step-sister alone and almost 7 months pregnant. I've been staying with her, and I just got back home yesterday.

Today I went back to square one and did the 1 mile Get Up and Get Started.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Looks like we were doing the same thing (experiencing death) during May. I hope your step-sister will be OK. What an awful thing to have happen. How old was he?

You'll be back on track in no time. I'm still trying to get back up to 3 miles.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:39 PM   #21  
Can't Doesn't Exist

He was 36, and she's 23. It was a very, very sudden thing.

I'm sad to say that I may have to COMPLETELY start over with my WATP. When I first began, I was doing it in small, half-mile chunks several times a day. My body doesn't seem to like a long stretch of exercise at once.

Oh well, I'll just have to plug along and find whatever works for me. Right now, EATING is more of a demon than exercise.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #22  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrae View Post
He was 36, and she's 23. It was a very, very sudden thing.

I'm sad to say that I may have to COMPLETELY start over with my WATP. When I first began, I was doing it in small, half-mile chunks several times a day. My body doesn't seem to like a long stretch of exercise at once.

Oh well, I'll just have to plug along and find whatever works for me. Right now, EATING is more of a demon than exercise.
So young! How sad. I'm glad you were there for her.

So you have to start over. The fact that you are doing something is the important issue. I couldn't do more than the slow 1 mile dvd when I started. I just rented the Fat Burner one. I think I'm going to buy it. There are two different workouts on it and the second one is Leslie by herself. It's a fun workout. The other one on it is with all her instructors. It is probably one of the most intense workouts I've done. It's about 40 minutes and boy oh boy! I was really tired afterwards. I don't think I can do that one first thing in the morning.

You'll be back up to speed in no time and logging in those miles. You are worth it. We are all worth it.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #23  
I wanna be a loser, too

Geez! I hope my previous post doesn't sound preachy.

This morning I did the Fat Burner workout. It's the second one on the Fat Burner dvd. I found it less challenging than the first one on the dvd, but I felt great afterwards.

I think I'm going to have some up close and personal time on ebay this evening.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #24  
I wanna be a loser, too

OK. I must have run everyone off. Oh, wait! You must be "walking"!

I did the fat burner walk again this morning. I'm really enjoying that one. Too bad I can't find it on Leslie's site. I have to return mine to the library.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 168.5/167.5/140

Height: 5' 1"

Hello everyone ,

You'll have to forgive me for being a little excited. I'm a newbie to Leslie, having bought one of her books a few weeks ago and just finished reading it. I was thrilled to find an excersize book that made sense. So of course I went out and bought a couple of the her tapes. First the 1-2 mile Express and then the 3-4 mile express brisk walks because it came with the stretch bands. So far I've done the 1 mile a couple of times, but found it too easy. Well, except for the band part. I have no up arm strength. But today I did the 2 mile and it almost kicked my butt. I'm used to walking, but not that fast. So I'm going to be working with that one for awhile. But I'm hoping that once I get used to it, I can start doing my pilates DVD afterwards.
Dawnslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:14 AM   #26  
Can't Doesn't Exist

Hey everyone.

Today I did 1 mile, plus I had 3,700 steps on my pedometer. (Note: I take the pedometer off while I'm doing intentional exercise.) Lots of shopping today, so lots of walking.

Mom and I went to the movies tonight to see Shrek 3, and I somehow managed to resist the popcorn, which has always been a trigger for me. I keep the mini bags of low-fat popcorn around the house for snacking, but movie theater popcorn has ALWAYS been such a demon for me.

I was rather proud of myself for not eating the bloody popcorn.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:49 AM   #27  
Sabra-cruisin' for losin'

S/C/G: 234/220/170

Height: 5'8''

That is so awesome!! Congrats to your daughter!!! Keep up the good work....both of you!!!!
safields88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:56 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Hi
well the only thing ive been doing this week has been swimming one day I did do the 4 mile walk slim ive been using the swim noodle pushing and pulling with it then just alot of swimming I can feel it in my arms it feels good
I am going to start back doing the dvds next week since its been rainning in late afternoon so doing both swimming and dvd will be good my blood sugar seems to be doing good so I am glad about that
well hope you all have a great day
Dusty
Dusty4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #29  
I wanna be a loser, too

I pooped out before I could do the fat burner workout. I did the fat burning workout and that 40 minutes wiped me out.

I'm going to try and get in another one of Leslie's miles this afternoon.

Well, I did it. I did one of the 3 mile workouts with the stretchie.

Wonder if I will have time to do 2 workouts a day this week.

Last edited by cbmare; 06-11-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #30  
I wanna be a loser, too

I managed 2 workouts yesterday. I felt wonderfully tired when I went to bed. I also managed to open the boxes I shipped home to myself. boobalah, my DH, wondered why I shipped home so many boxes from my mom's. When he saw that I'd shipped home 3 of the quilts she hand made when I was younger, he understood. He was also happy to put the last ceramic vase she ever made on our hutch. Now he understands why I only wanted a few things of hers. Those things mean the world to me. I miss you, Momma.

This morning I got up and did the 3 mile express with weights.