Old 03-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #61  

I just bought a set at Target. It has several workouts (all 4 or 5 miles), the stretch band, walking belt, and soft hand weights. I am starting today. Wish me luck. Kathy
spcdcider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:45 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday. Only got one mile in, but at least I did a mile! I spent about 3 hours cleaning the garage and then several more hours running errands so at least I did something Today I did the 5 mile.
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:55 PM   #63  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Hi There,
I love my WATP videos. How is the 5 mile. I saw it in Wal-mart. But haven't seen the pack with the bands. I check out the 1,2,3, and 4 mile at the library. I would like the bands though. I also found a jogging one, but I am not quite ready for that yet.
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Hi Everyone
On friday I did 2mile walk slim I took sat. off today I did 3mile walk slim
I am going to do the 4 mile walk slim later tonight
Have a great day Welcome to all the new walkers glad you are all here
Dusty
Dusty4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:52 PM   #65  

lovemacon, you can pick up a package of stretchie bands at Walmart in their exercise section for less than $10. I have one that has 3 bands, a light, medium and heavy so you can use a heavier band as you grow stronger.

I like the 5 mile, but the Walk Slim IMO is a much better workout. It's only available online though as far as I know right now.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:47 PM   #66  
Dieting Diva

The Five Mile Advanced I bought is from Walmart and it comes with a strechie band.
The Target set does have the hand weights, belt and strechie but the same DVD. I bought that one for my daughter for her birthday.
For me getting the Walmart Five Advanced was a treat. I think it was around 14.00 with tax. The Target set was more expensive- maybe 25.00-( that was a couple months ago). The Target set has "Target Exclusive " on it- so don't try to find it elsewhere. I think it's a good deal for anyone that wants the package. For me the Walmart set was, again,a treat- the cost of a baby back rib plate.
But both have the same DVD- which is not to be confused by the Walk Slim DVD.
I love the advanced workout. There isn't a warm up or step review that you see in the Powermile, Three mile Walk for Abs , or Three mile. Somewhere in the past month someone made the comment about getting a different DVD to challenge your workout. My Three miles plus the Powermile was not cutting it.I can still do them- I think the 5 mile was the natural progression for me. I still am over 200 pounds(getting closer every day though) and spent a bit of time last summer on crutches with a knee injury.
Quote:
I did the 5 mile with all the boosters. It felt GREAT, but SO SLOW compared to any of the Walk Slim workouts! I remember when I first got the 5 mile and I thought I would DIE before I got through it!
Quote:
I like the 5 mile, but the Walk Slim IMO is a much better workout.
I would not suggest a newbie getting a 5 mile tape right off the bat. I tried to get DS13 ( the little defensive lineman of my family) to do the steps in the Three mile for abs and he seemed trouble with the coordination of the steps. I am still only doing four of the five miles on the DVD, but I walk almost every day.
I can walk with the "Advanced Five mile" for a while and then get the " Walk Slim" when I am ready to move onto something else.By then who knows what Leslie will have out ! The important thing is that we are all off the couch !
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #67  
wanda the witch

S/C/G: 206/206/150

Hi Ladies,

busy day meeting, and then we did a community servicee thing took a lot of time for both so I only got 1 mile and 9145 steps on the pedomiter.

hope to do better tommorow.

Wanda
wanda the witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:31 AM   #68  

Did the 4 mile and 2 mile walk slim this morning. Whew, I'm pooped!!

Old 03-12-2007, 12:35 PM   #69  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmare View Post
I have a question. I've been entering my workout as general aerobics in fitday. Should I be entering it as walking?

I rented dvds from the library until I found one I liked. I bought the 3 mile express with the 4 mile thing. I did it this morning and enjoyed it quite a bit. Max the cat didn't know what to think of the stretchy thing.

I'm thinking of going back to the library tomorrow and getting 1 or 2 of the ones mentioned here.

I'm glad this thread is here. Thank you.
Could someone please advise me on my question here? How do you enter yours in fitday?

Thanks.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #70  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Mare, I enter mine as walking - very brisk pace (4mph) or very very brisk (5mph) if I'm using the 5 mile advanced. I use Fitday PC but I think all of the activities are the same. I'm not sure which one is more correct - aerobic dancing or walking, but I don't worry about it. I do track my intentional exercise in fitday, but it's more for me to make sure I do it than it is to really see how many calories I burn, if that makes sense.

I love all of the ones that I have tried, although I seem to be going through an exercise funk right now. needed. I borrow a lot of mine from the library too.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #71  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtammy View Post
Mare, I enter mine as walking - very brisk pace (4mph) or very very brisk (5mph) if I'm using the 5 mile advanced. I use Fitday PC but I think all of the activities are the same. I'm not sure which one is more correct - aerobic dancing or walking, but I don't worry about it. I do track my intentional exercise in fitday, but it's more for me to make sure I do it than it is to really see how many calories I burn, if that makes sense.

I love all of the ones that I have tried, although I seem to be going through an exercise funk right now. needed. I borrow a lot of mine from the library too.
Thanks. I think I'll enter them as walking. I wish fitday had a "steps taken" one as well. I, too, use it for exercise tracking. I find the calories burned reports weird.

Here's 2 of them for ya as well as a
Old 03-12-2007, 04:22 PM   #72  
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

Hi Ladies..this month has been good to me so far...Im already 4 lbs down..Ive been alternating my 2 and 3 mile Express DVDs with the Walk and Kick (which I love) and the pounds are just melting away!! Adding the Walk and Kick has really ramped up the weight loss again!
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #73  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Good evening! I did the 3 fast Walk Slim miles this morning followed by a quick 5 minutes on the treadmill. I am doing a challenge that requires 50 minutes of cardio 6 days a week, so when I do less with WATP, I do the rest on the treadmill (sometimes even a bit more).

Is anyone else having problems getting to the 3fatchicks weight tracker? I wanted to update the one I created from there and it says the server cannot be found. I hope it's a temporary glitch and not a real problem or worse, they discontinue it!
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:25 PM   #74  
wanda the witch

S/C/G: 206/206/150

Good Evening Ladies,

Today was a better exercise day...4 mile super challenge in the am and 2 miles at lunch.

Good luck tommorow!

Wanda
wanda the witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:38 PM   #75  
I wanna be a loser, too

I came home from work and went into the very hot back room and did the 3 mile express. Boy did my shower feel good!