Old 03-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #46  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, everyone! Yesterday was a BUSY day! We had a tax appointment in a town 40 minutes away at 9am, then the kids and I did a little shopping and had an early lunch before we had to be back here for another appointment at 1pm. I spent part of the afternoon running errands in town followed by some more work on DD's valance. Hubby called at 4:45 to ask me to get some papers together for our 5pm meeting at the Ford dealer. We picked up our new Explorer, which lasted til after 6. So we ended up at a Mexican place for supper, which took til 7. Finally, at 7:40 I guilted myself into hopping on the treadmill (couldn't let 205 days go down the drain!!). I fully intended to just do a mile so that I could count my day, but I reminded myself that I had only done 35 minutes on Monday and I'm part of a challenge that asks for 50 minutes 6 days a week. SO.....I stayed on for a total of 55 minutes!!! Was I TIRED when I fell into bed! But it felt great to say that I had done it!

This morning I am trying to get ready to leave tomorrow for my professional conference in Kansas City. That means, laundry, packing and general rushing around. I made sure I did my workout early this time--4 fast miles from Walk Slim!! I'd like to get in some strength training sometime today, too, but we'll have to see how it goes.....

Hope everyone is having a great week! Can't believe it's Wed already! My Spring Break is half over

Michele

Last edited by Michele L; 03-07-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #47  

Talking Another Newbie!

Hi Everyone!

I am here to track my weight loss. I have dusted off my WATP tapes and I am ready to go. I see on here that people have the latest WATP Walk Slim Dvd's. Are you guys ordering them online, or purchasing them from a store? I am kind of impatient, and I would like to know which store I can go to and purchase them without having to wait on the mail.

Last edited by ZenBuddha; 03-07-2007 at 05:26 PM. Reason: forgot weight tracker
ZenBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:59 PM   #48  
wanda the witch

S/C/G: 206/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello Ladies,

It's very cold in MA so we all walk fast and add up those steps, today I did watp for abs 3 miles, and didn't have time for my pm walk, but I walked 12283 steps for the day so I guess that's enough.

Pleasant dreams!
Wanda
wanda the witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:14 AM   #49  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! I just finished today's workout: 3 fast Walk Slim miles and a few minutes on the treadmill. Now I'm off to finish packing for my trip. I won't be back until later on Sunday. I'll post what I walked when I return, but it won't be WATP, since I'll use the fitness room!

Have a great weekend!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #50  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies,
Welcome Zen. I don't have the WalkSlim yet, but those that have mentioned them got them online. I don't think they are in stores.

I did weight lifting again today. It's kind of hard to track the time spent, as I am still new and some of my time is spent reading the instructions to make sure I'm getting the form right. Anyway, it took me 45 minutes, and I would guestimate that 30 of those were exercise. I did mainly upper body today, so my arms and back feel very weak right now.

Walked 23 minutes later that day.

Last edited by jtammy; 03-12-2007 at 11:55 PM.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:17 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Did the 3 mile walk slim this morning.
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:46 AM   #52  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Zen, I believe all of that have the Walk Slim ordered them from Leslie's website. With postage I think it was about $45 but there were 4 DVDs and I think a good deal. But also being an impatient one, I was irritated that it took over 2 weeks to arrive after they'd charged my credit card. but they're here and that's all that matters.

I did the 4 mile walk slim this morning. As I've mentioned for some reason her chatter/mannerisms on this specific on bug me. Calling jogging boosted walking is like fingernails on a chalk board to my ears. So I tried the music only option. Eeks. It was horrible. I could read her lips and that was more irritating and the music is so boring. Throughout the intervals the songs repeat only two words. Mostly instrumental. The warmup was totally instrumental and slow feeling. The last 12 minutes were good, normal songs. So I'll never, ever do that again. Since it's my favorite workout (other than the jogging) I'll do it with the annoying chatter. That's much more bearable than reading the lips to boring music. So now I have this other editing idea. find music I like with the right beat and take her video and mesh it with my music. I'd still be able to read the lips but maybe music I'd like would make it better. Gee, I am so picky!!!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:07 PM   #53  
wanda the witch

Marie,

my husband says the same thing about her, most of the time I block it out, but I also have all the comments on everyone memorized (time for a new one)

am 3 mile express walk
pm 2 mile express walk

14262 steps on the pedomiter...

good night!

Wanda
Old 03-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #54  
Dieting Diva

The boredom and the chatter sometimes get to me. Some of the time I just zone out. Other times I think in my head- what are these people doing today?
My daughter and made up stories about the people on the video the year we exercised together for her prom. They became characters. I still get a giggle here and there thinking about that.
As far as turning down the Leslie volume and finding music to walk to I think I tried Fleetwood Mac's Tusk and made it though a couple selections before the tempo was not right. I also have thought about getting a book on tape to listen to in a walkman.
Funny the ancient power mile doesn't bother me as much as the three mile.
I did not walk yesterday,infact I tried to lay down for a nap.
I was back at it with my four miles again. I have offically lost 20 pounds and hope to get another 5 off by the end of the month.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:21 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Did a quick 2 mile walk slim workout this morning. Off to get a shower and wake up DH so we can head off to his diabetes education. Two hour meeting with a nurse and a diabetes educator/dietician. Looking forward to learning lots of great stuff!!
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:58 PM   #56  

Thumbs up Still Walking!

Well, I am still at home doing the walking thing. I love how good I feel afterwards. I have done an additional 2 miles in the past couple of days. The fast mile is still wearing me out. I can't believe how out of shape I am. I hoping to eventually work myself up to the 2 mile. Judging on the comments, I think I should hold off on the walk slim for now. It is finally the weekend, I am running home to take a nap. When I wake up I will try to do the 2 miles, but I will definitely do one. Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

ZenBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:32 PM   #57  
wanda the witch

Good evening ladies!

Happy Friday hope it was a good week. Today I had to work 2 of my jobs still at #2 so I didn't get to walk twice (still too cold out) and I'll be working till 9:30 so I only did the 4 mile super challenge in the am. 12160 steps

sleep well
Wanda
Old 03-09-2007, 11:38 PM   #58  
Dieting Diva

Well, Wanda I wish I could send you some bright Texas sunshine to melt your winter away !
I not only marked 20 pounds this week- but I also hit the hundred mile mark. So after arguing with my son about why I am not buying him a MP3 player this afternoon I went to Walmart and bought the advanced 5 mile ( with a strechie thing). DH went out for Margaritas and fajitas with his work buddies, my son was pouting over not getting a new play toy and I worked out with Leslie.
I really needed to do the powermile for a warmup. I took on the three mile with strechie band thingy.
My dog went nuts and decided that he wanted to play somewhere in the first mile. Bob, who is a loveable companion that weighs 75 pounds was jumping around the room following my movements. I got him calmed down and finished up the three mile. I followed up with the powermile as a "recovery".
I am not tired ( even though I finished at 10:30 at night) and feel really good. I am glad I did not try to do the five mile-but it does give me something to look forward to in the future weeks.
I figured I should have a non food reward for the progress I made and that for 13.00 and change a new DVD would be a good deal.
Everyone have a great weekend !
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:52 PM   #59  
wanda the witch

Sirak, congrats on the 20 and the 100 miles!!!!

let me know how you like the 5 mile I want something new myself so it's either walk slim or that, but I have to walk at least 5 miles most days for my March challenge of 100 miles. It got a little warmer today 40's but outside is still a lot of frozen snow even my 205 pounds on it doesn't move it an inch!! My cat got stuck under the deck today and I had to slide across the yard to get him out, thought I would get soaked crunching in the snow, but it's been so cold you could put a piano on it and wouldn't move!!

I only did a 2mile express walk today and have 10161 steps so far will try to do another when I get home.

Have a good night.

Wanda
Old 03-10-2007, 10:14 PM   #60  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I have a question. I've been entering my workout as general aerobics in fitday. Should I be entering it as walking?

I rented dvds from the library until I found one I liked. I bought the 3 mile express with the 4 mile thing. I did it this morning and enjoyed it quite a bit. Max the cat didn't know what to think of the stretchy thing.

I'm thinking of going back to the library tomorrow and getting 1 or 2 of the ones mentioned here.

I'm glad this thread is here. Thank you.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote