Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Busy week here! It's actually February at least now.
Diet-wise had a couple rough days but then I realized it was because I was being a little too strict on myself and rebelling, haha. So I've relaxed the rules but still not overeating. I did the elliptical for 30 minutes, in spare moments, yesterday. First real exercise since halfway through pregnabcy, and it was super hard, but fun!

Going to the baby-and-mama 6 week checkup today so it'll be super busy! I'll catch up with everyone soon!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:05 PM   #32  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
HungerWerks We are hoping that in a year, after this Boston gig, we will get sent to Hong Kong. It probably will be a 9 month assignment, long enough to explore what that part of the world is about. My hubby was born in Australia, but has not been there in 45 years; which means he has no memory of it as he was an infant when he moved out, but he is a citizen. I would love to see Australia, New Zealand, Japan, India etc. When we lived in UK, we traveled some, but it was harder because kids were so small 4 and 6, it really limited what we could see. But I am glad they had the opportunity to visit many countries; they are seasoned travelers as we travel quite a bit.

I am leaving for Boston on the 8th and coming back on the 13th; househunting (apartment) time. I can not believe it is getting this real.

We got a massive amount of snow, yesterday. I barely got out of the sub, took me half a dozen of tries, nearly getting completely stuck, but I made it. The hospital I volunteer for usually has 100's of volunteers each day; only 5 of us showed up. They gave us lunch vouchers for our dedication. -- Me being from Finland, I am used to this fluffy white stuff; it does not scare me.

So is it just two of us here?? I wish more Feathers were to join the fun! -- It would be nice to establish a nice and strong Feather community.

LURKERS... don't be shy, join in!!!
Yeah, I was going to say "If you're going to move to Boston, hope you like a lotta snow!"

Finnish, eh? There's a song I like that I've been told is sung in Finnish, but others say it's Swedish. Bet you'll know! Don't know if I can post links yet, but I'll try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXc411PgAxE

If it doesn't post, it's on YouTube as "The Helicopter Song," on a channel called "Jaa-sh!" And the actual song starts about 20 seconds in - it's not the music at the beginning of the video. Hope there's nothing untoward in it!
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:08 PM   #33  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottainai View Post
Busy week here! It's actually February at least now.
Diet-wise had a couple rough days but then I realized it was because I was being a little too strict on myself and rebelling, haha. So I've relaxed the rules but still not overeating. I did the elliptical for 30 minutes, in spare moments, yesterday. First real exercise since halfway through pregnabcy, and it was super hard, but fun!

Going to the baby-and-mama 6 week checkup today so it'll be super busy! I'll catch up with everyone soon!
Yay, you! Getting on the elliptical is not always easy - it's no "walk in the park" like walking on the treadmill (what I do most often, lol). Way to go! Please let us know, if you feel like it, how the check-up went.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:58 PM   #34  
life is not a rehearsal

S/C/G: 62/60.5/50

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
HungerWerks
So is it just two of us here?? I wish more Feathers were to join the fun! -- It would be nice to establish a nice and strong Feather community.

LURKERS... don't be shy, join in!!!
Love this! Not shy, just time poor
Oneten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:48 PM   #35  

I'm back home, baby was crazy overstimulated and tired and screaming but finally asleep on my boob, haha. The checkup was great! I'm all healed fine, and baby Sara is good and very big! She's gained about 44 g (11 oz) a day, where 25-30 (5-8 oz) is considered good! She's on an anti-diet, lol, and doing awesome (;

Im glad there's at least some chatter going on! I'll get more involved from here. It used to be so active a couple years ago!

Whew, I'm wiped out. Crying baby does a number on you... Sent my husband out to get me a big lunch and then I'll nap before errands later - no worrying about dieting today!
Old 02-04-2015, 08:00 PM   #36  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
I'm back home, baby was crazy overstimulated and tired and screaming but finally asleep on my boob, haha. The checkup was great! I'm all healed fine, and baby Sara is good and very big! She's gained about 44 g (11 oz) a day, where 25-30 (5-8 oz) is considered good! She's on an anti-diet, lol, and doing awesome (;

Im glad there's at least some chatter going on! I'll get more involved from here. It used to be so active a couple years ago!

Whew, I'm wiped out. Crying baby does a number on you... Sent my husband out to get me a big lunch and then I'll nap before errands later - no worrying about dieting today!
Such good news about Sara! My kids would definitely let me know of irritation and annoyance. One thing none of them liked was the car seat!
Old 02-05-2015, 05:33 PM   #37  

It's Friday! How's everyone's week?
My husband is currently out overnight working in Osaka but he'll be back in the afternoon. This has been a super hectic week for me, but I'm glad I've got lots done!
Unfortunately it has not been good for my health- been bingeing on junk food several days this week. Noticed that I'm bloated, back up a couple kilos. Oh well, I know I'm a stress eater! Hopefully next week will be easier.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:53 PM   #38  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
It's Friday! How's everyone's week?
My husband is currently out overnight working in Osaka but he'll be back in the afternoon. This has been a super hectic week for me, but I'm glad I've got lots done!
Unfortunately it has not been good for my health- been bingeing on junk food several days this week. Noticed that I'm bloated, back up a couple kilos. Oh well, I know I'm a stress eater! Hopefully next week will be easier.
Glad you got a lot done; sorry to hear of your struggles. Life throws so much our way. I know you'll be back on track even before next week!
Old 02-05-2015, 09:02 PM   #39  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Made it to the gym today, although I was late for the class I was trying to attend. Thank goodness, because they were doing abs, lol! I "stretched" while they finished that up, then I jumped right in.

Also, did over 30 minutes on the elliptical afterwards! Felt guilty for schlepping into the class so late, but those 30 minutes totally absolved me of all that.

Happy, happy news: I realized I could have a FOOT LONG veggie sub at Subway, and still stay in my calorie requirements for that meal - hallelujah!
Old 02-06-2015, 06:25 PM   #40  

Great job on your workout, and a nice sandwich, Hungerwerks! I don't think I could ever eat a veggie sandwich, haha, I'm a meat person (;

I got in a workout yesterday too, 20 minutes on the elliptical at home. It was really fun! My machine is so different than any one I've ever done at the gym, it's so old, there's no momentum or gliding, and the arc the pedals make is really big, so it's a really hard workout actually! Especially for someone who hasn't in a long time! I certainly don't plan on making workouts a regular part of my routine, since I never know if I'll have time or not, so I don't want to become dependent on them to lose weight or maintain, but it's still great to do for fun and health!

I'm really excited for next week. We've got another friend to playdate with!
Old 02-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #41  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Great job on your workout, and a nice sandwich, Hungerwerks! I don't think I could ever eat a veggie sandwich, haha, I'm a meat person (;

I got in a workout yesterday too, 20 minutes on the elliptical at home. It was really fun! My machine is so different than any one I've ever done at the gym, it's so old, there's no momentum or gliding, and the arc the pedals make is really big, so it's a really hard workout actually! Especially for someone who hasn't in a long time! I certainly don't plan on making workouts a regular part of my routine, since I never know if I'll have time or not, so I don't want to become dependent on them to lose weight or maintain, but it's still great to do for fun and health!

I'm really excited for next week. We've got another friend to playdate with!
Your elliptical may be even better than the one at the gym, if it's making you burn more calories.

As for being a meat person: me, too! I'd normally get a tuna sub with an extra scoop of tuna, but I can't afford that, calorie-wise, on an IF day. I do eat a lot of meat on my two "eat whatever you want, however much you want" days. Today we're having boneless short ribs and then scallops later. (Googles "how to cook boneless short ribs...")

Playdate sounds so fun! Good for mommy and baby.

Last edited by HungerWerks; 02-07-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:54 PM   #42  

Mmm, ribs (:

Where are all the other people here?? Haha.

Oh man, The baby's got me so used to waking up early, today she decided to sleep in but I'm already wide awake at 7. Oh well, got some free time I guess!
Old 02-11-2015, 12:46 PM   #43  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Hellooooooo Feathers!!!

Happy February to ya!!!! It's been a loooooong time!!!

mottainai ~ CONGRATS on the new little one!!!!! Last I remember, you had just landed in Japan and were getting to know your (future, at the time?) inlaws.

oneten ~ I hear ya on the "time poor" bit...

Hungerwerks ~ Yuuummmmy on the boneless short ribs. Sounds delish! I used to be a huge meat person, but lately have just lost the taste for it... No idea why and now I'm kind of strapped for meal ideas... dunno...

~~~
I have a new gig, as marketing coordinator for an architecture firm. Really loving it! Just passed my 1 year last Friday!!! Pretty much everything else is the same, though.

I'm a stress eater, too. Managed to make it through the holidays intact, then got sick, took a long time to get better and ended up comfort eating my way to health. I'm up about 7 lbs from my former new adult set point (145). Hoping to get back down there slowly and then possibly ease down lower (somehow, that phrase sounds dirty... lol)

Have a friend's wedding at the end of March, so it would be nice to be svelte by then.

Hoping to get into a good routine and move into better territory.

Love to all!!!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 01:37 PM   #44  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexistrophic View Post
Hellooooooo Feathers!!!

Happy February to ya!!!! It's been a loooooong time!!!

mottainai ~ CONGRATS on the new little one!!!!! Last I remember, you had just landed in Japan and were getting to know your (future, at the time?) inlaws.

oneten ~ I hear ya on the "time poor" bit...

Hungerwerks ~ Yuuummmmy on the boneless short ribs. Sounds delish! I used to be a huge meat person, but lately have just lost the taste for it... No idea why and now I'm kind of strapped for meal ideas... dunno...

~~~
I have a new gig, as marketing coordinator for an architecture firm. Really loving it! Just passed my 1 year last Friday!!! Pretty much everything else is the same, though.

I'm a stress eater, too. Managed to make it through the holidays intact, then got sick, took a long time to get better and ended up comfort eating my way to health. I'm up about 7 lbs from my former new adult set point (145). Hoping to get back down there slowly and then possibly ease down lower (somehow, that phrase sounds dirty... lol)

Have a friend's wedding at the end of March, so it would be nice to be svelte by then.

Hoping to get into a good routine and move into better territory.

Love to all!!!
Welcome back, Alexis! I wish you the best on your quest - never give up, never surrender!

And, yes, I am quite dedicated to meat. So dedicated, in fact, that when I "charred" the heck out of those ribs, I ate them anyway!
Old 02-11-2015, 07:24 PM   #45  

Alexis- Hey! A familiar name. (: Hope you stick around here!
I'm such a stress eater too, and there's plenty of that with a baby! Trying to find other outlets. And yep, I'm now all settled here in Japan, got a great job, got pregnant and got a new daughter, and now we're working on finding a permanent place to settle down.

I'm going to keep track of some measurements in addtion to just weight, because we all know how fickle weight can be. Today my waist was 71 cm, thighs 24.5 and 23.

We had an awesome day yesterday. It was a holiday so all three of us went out to eat ramen for lunch and then walked in the park. Sara slept the whole time so K and I got a much needed day out together to just talk and hang out.