Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #91  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion View Post
wow! intermittent fasting? how long did it take for you to get used to that?
Not long at all! But I've always felt better with big meals rather than several small ones - even when I was heavier I would eat like that except my big meals were like 4000 cals +++ back then ha
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #92  

Height: 5'4

I tried IF about 4 or 5 years ago and it lasted all of like 3 days. I'm HUNGRY when I wake up each day. IF was torture for me!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #93  
ion
go go go!

Height: 5'2"

thanks for the detailed advice, pixelllate and krampus i may just give it a try. joss, you could be like me, i am very hungry some mornings... but i'll see if i can stick to it.

Last edited by ion; 08-10-2012 at 01:15 PM.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #94  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Turbo- Im eating not so great, but till not a lot of it. used to religiously **** my calories, but I found myself eating slightly more than I needed/wanted, ecause I had already counted out the meal, so I ate it all. Now I am listening to my body more,and I oftn dont finish my food. still count, bu more toward the end of the day. I've een surprsed that Im ot that hungry, yet eatig about 300 less per day thn I usually do. weird.

Pixellate- I wsh I could do IF It sems so much easier, in terms of planning! I eat so frequently during the way, that it often becomes annoying. Lke Joss, I could barelymake it a couple of hours in the morning without food.

Joss- yea! for finishing your Associate's. Well done. :-)

Finally got into the Headache Clinic in Neuro today! It's no magic wand to fix evrything today, but at least that is where I will stay until it does get resolved. They were ecstatic that I've spent the last several months checking othe causes off my list. I've been seen in dental, ortho, physical therapy, allergy and optometry!
I've wanted to do chiropractic sessions, but that is one of the few things that military healthcare does not cover so I have been doing physical therapy instead. But today they gave me a chiro referral, so YEA!
New meds, which freaks me out a bit after the last disaster, but this new one is in a diferent medicine class, and has less side effects.They also gave me an injectible medicine for when migraines start. I've neve heard of that! AndI was put on steriods for the next 12 days to see if that will help break this two month headache.
AND...I start Botox injections next month in my face and neck. Crazy. I gotta get ths figured out before hubby finishes school and starts deploying again!!!

Last edited by ChickieChicks; 08-10-2012 at 02:02 PM.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #95  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

ChickiChick : I hope your new meds will help you feel better And this clinic is probably the one who can help you the best!

Joss : congrats on getting your Associate! Great job!

back to 140.4 this morning after having a really good food day yesterday... I encounter troubles although yesterday afternoon, around 4:30 my tummy started to HURT, like I had trouble sitting in my chair, I just wanted to bend over and old it. it eventually passed when I let out some ... ehmm, gaz (hellooooo, TMI!) but still. It was weird. And this morning my abdomen was super hard and was sticking out. I fear pooping issues are coming my way. Blaaaah!

IT'S FRIDAYYY! YAY!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #96  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hiiii still TOM! Can't wait til it goes away.
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #97  

http://www.facebook.com/1nkedandSexy

Evidently I am "Inked and Sexy" - Right on... I'll take it!

TGIF Feathers! Man, what a weird week around work it has been. On a happy note, I had my follow-up apppointment for my leg hole today and they said it's healing up just as it should be... just takes a while.

After that I came home and made a kickass dinner of sauteed spinach and zuchinni, chicken breast, fettucini miracle noodles, fresh garlic and pureed pumpkin. sounds weird, but it's pretty amazing. I love coming up with new recipes, and ever since I decided to go natural I'm finding I have a renewed interest in creating new dishes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crazygurl - LOL you just need to change your profile heading to say "It's TOM!" You poor thing!

Turbo and Chickie - Thanks gals. I actually have a Bachelor's already, but through all of my training and random tests I was only 3 credits from getting my CCAF, so I decided to do the equivalency test and just see if I could knock it out, and I did! It would have been silly to get out of the Air Force without finishing it up, considering I was so close. It does feel good to have that done though!

Turbo - I had the same random stomach issues earlier! I have no idea why, but I was driving home and suddenly my stomach HURT... badly. I didn't get gassy but I did immediately grab some sliced ginger out of the fridge and eat a couple of pieces which seems to have killed the stomach ouchiness. Have you tried eating ginger or peppermint?
Oh, and you totally shamed me into doing my WI tomorrow morning. I soooo don't want to though!

Chickie - Oh I'm glad you got into the clinic today! Keep us posted! (I get botox but it's for other reasons... hahaha)

Last edited by JossFit; 08-10-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #98  

Up 1.6 pounds. Stupid.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #99  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

I'm up again to 141.0 this morning. I haven't had a real good poop in a few days, I'm bloated, and that suuuuuuucks
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #100  
Back to Basics!

Nooo! Is this thread cursed? ;-) LOL I have been eating not awesome at all, and nothing sounds good. Feeling yucky.

On a brighter note, here are my two sweets holding my kitchen sign that I've had for several years. It finally rings true. ;-)

Old 08-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #101  
ion
go go go!

Height: 5'2"

chickie, that is adorable! such cute kids and puppies.

i let my hunger get the better of me and binged late last night, counting it as today's breakfast. if i stick to the meal plan i've prepared for the rest of the day, though, i'll be at 1785 calories total, which, after consulting several websites, is still under my TDEE, so that's something. i just hope i don't ruin it tonight at my friend's place haha!
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #102  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Chickie how cute!

Joss-LOL!

Ok I had a mini mental breakdown. My scale has been like up 5 lbs, then I step again and down 10 lbs and its been nuts lately. So I ordered a new fitbit and the fitbit aria scale. My husband also has the fit bit and he likes it.

It should be here tuesday. Yayyy
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #103  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Just checking in and promising I'll post tomorrow! Been very busy this week. Not so much with counting my calories, it all at once just seems like such an effort.

Speaking of effort, I went cycling today, did 60 dang miles. It was long and I was really wiped when I got home. But.. I am drinking a cup of coffee because I have to go to my job in a bit, healthcare... start at 10pm till 1am. Pfff.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #104  

Chickie - You seem to have hit the nail on the head... cursed I tell you! We're all so BLAH this weekend.
Your picture is super cute! "Mothers, hide your daughters..." your kiddos are going to be a couple of heartbreakers!

Turbo - Have you ever tried drinking a mild dieter's tea before bed or anything like that? I do the night before I do my weekly WI, and in the morning I'm always easily able to have a BM. Sorry if that's TMI, but I like to do my WI on a TRULY empty stomach! LOL

Crazygurl - It sounds like your scale was definitely in need of replacement. I want a fitbit or a bodybugg so badly! I'm hoping my hubby buys me one for my birthday. I may have dropped some not-so-subtle hints.
Let me know how you like it!

Ion - Good luck with that... we all have our own strategies for dealing with overeating, but I think most of us here just get back OP and it usually works out just fine. Be careful about restricting calories the day after a "binge" (Not sure what your definition of a binge is) because it could set you up for another one.

Philana - 60 miles?! That's hardcore Chicka! No wonder you're pooped! **** I'll drink some coffee in your honor!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well even thought I knew the scale would be up, I did my weekly WI anyway and it was up a full 1.6 pounds, which is HORSESHIT! I'm pissed at myself. Not a great way to start the weekend.

I went to the gym and had a decent workout, got groceries, did laundry and all that fun stuff before going to a friend's BBQ for a bit. I didn't stay long because everyone was drinking and I have no intention of doing that any time soon. Sometimes you have to go be social just to go be social even when you don't want to.

I spent the rest of today creating new awesome recipes and looking for new natural eating websites to get inspiration from. I am having so much fun coming up with new recipes! Now that I've cut the small bit of unnatural foods from my diet (well, I'm working on it... still have a few things in the fridge and pantry I'm working through until they run out) I find that I'm much more creative and have a new enthusiasm for cooking. It's refreshing.

I ordered some natural Whey protein to replace the ready-to-drink shakes I've been having post-workout, so that pretty much does it. The only remaining thing is the sugar-free pancake syrup I use once a week or so, but I'm not giving that up.

I also found that buying the plain frozen tilapia instead of the pre-seasoned ones (and other little changes like that) saved me a good chunk of money at the store today too.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #105  
Back to Basics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
Sometimes you have to go be social just to go be social even when you don't want to.
Amen, sistah! This is the story of my life. I love my friends, I really do, but I am truly a stay-at-home kind of person. I thoroughly enjoy my alone time, and get easily overwhelmed with too much social stuff. But over the years, I have continued to be better at doing what you said, because it's an important element to friendship.

Joss- damn scale. I'm blaming mine on the steroid pills. Nt eating more today, but whatever. Up three pounds overnight! you can blame yours on garden gnomes, if it makes you feel better...lol. Damn pixies keep making me eat chees-its and mint chocolate chip ice cream! Three days in a row, when I never have that stuff except special treats. I made hubby and the kids finish it. Phew. We love tilapia. I make my own pseudo-breading. Is really just a super light coating and we bake it. Do you like oats? My go to is 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened), 1/4 cup steel cut oats, cooked in the milk. Add in a serving fond fruit (about sixty cals) a small serving of nuts of coconut, and a tsp. of chia seeds or flaxseed. Mybfave fruit combos are: blueberry orange, blueberry mango, strawberry peach and cranberry apple. I make it in a triple batch, cut up all the fruit and pre package it for the fridge. Heat for 1.5 minutes and sometimes add a splash more milk for consistency. It is huge, filling, awesome and usually about 325 cals.

Crazy girl- yikes....your scale is possessed! good thing you have another coming. Praying for good numbers on your new scale! Feeling better yet? I just got over TOM myself. *******! Lol

Philana- sixty miles. Holy batwings. You are awesome! What got you started cycling? I go like six miles. Lol I'm so ashamed now! Ha ha.

Ion- ugh...sorry yesterday sucked. But 1700 sounds very reasonable. Good for you for working it into today's cals.

I went to Dick's tonight with the fam, and finally got some cute and functional black workout shorts. My this are just weird, and I usually look best in capris, etc. but I found some that are perfect finally. Plus a few dri-fit shirts, so I don't always go to the gym in my Zumba clothes! Lol and I bought a ten pound kettle bell. I use them at the gym sometimes, but wanted to try it at home. I put together a good starting workout, plus calisthenics, and it felt really good to do this evening. I am such a cardio girl, that it will be awhile before I work up to a heavier one!

Last edited by ChickieChicks; 08-11-2012 at 09:16 PM.