Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #76  

AHHHHH IM GONNA SCREAM!!!!!! I guess my freezer didn't close all the way last night and now I have to throw out all the meat that I paid a lot of Money for an painstakingly cut up into pieces and freezeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!AHHH i don't mean to sound crazy but UGH so frusterating!!! what a waste of money!
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #77  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Pixellate- oh man....that blows donkey balls. :-( sorry!! Meat is expensive, and I hate cutting it up, because my hands never feel clean afterwards. Shudder. Is everything bad? How much did it thaw?

Joss- Your dressing sounds yummy. You should be proud! It takes effort to make stuff from scratch, but it feels so good. I make my own jam so I can mix it into plain Greek yogurt. One of my absolute faves. Zumba is like crack to me. Whenever I do spinning, or run, every minute that goes by is like an eternity! I don't find those things calming at all! Zumba reminds me of being younger and sexier. Lol I can shake my booty like a total skank, and I don't feel guilty, because we are supposed to! Ha ha. I am pretty conservative, so it's a fun outlet for me to be totally crazy. Its something I'm really good at, and it has honestly boosted my self esteem a lot. It's always nice to have something you do well, and are known for, and Zumba is my thang.

Feeling pretty darn good today. No workout rebound headache, which is AWESOME! I had physical therapy today and got an eye exam, as part of my "Why in Hades do I have these headaches?" quest. I got LASIK eight years ago, but I've developed a slight astigmatism again, so I ordered glasses. Never thought I'd do that again! At least not this soon, but I had atrocious vision and glasses since I was two, so eight years without that crap was pretty awesome.

So I'm eating like crap. I don't know why all of a sudden. I've kind of found myself in this in between, half calorie counting, half intuitive eating. And I'm losing weight. But I know I'm not eating well. It's weird, and I ot necessarily complaining, but I need to cut back on carbs, snce that seems to be where I've gone overboard the most this summer.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #78  

Chickiechicks - I'm gonna try to put a positive spin on this - its an excuse to clean out the freezer and I'll just be a pescetarian for a lil while until I go and restock on meat - likely this Saturday. still though, my frozen veggies are so gross too *weeps*
Sadly everything is ruined. Good thing is that as far as I can see things weren't SO melted that I have a flood on the ground.
;_;
Old 08-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 135/129/118

Height: 5'4"

JossFit- your dressing looks awesome. I also can't seem to find low calorie, light dressings without other unnatural crap in them. I've been thinking about making my own and I'm inspired. Looks like you have a magic bullet. I don't but perhaps I can find ones that just require mixing in a bowl.

ion- sounds like you have the right idea. Fiber, protein, water, and the right attitude.

Chickie- glad you were able to rock Zumba. A great classwith an instructor you love is like no other workout. I discovered Zumba a little over two years ago and was hooked. I got licensed to teach in May but haven't really made teaching my focus yet. Zumba love!

Val- glad the packing is done. so stressful. good job resisting the junk.

krampus- sounds like you are doing a great job making healthy choices. Love ahi and peanut noodles.

Cherry- I think you did great at the potluck. Overeating fruit should not be that big of an upset to your plan and you did awesome today with a double workout! Your hiking/camping trip sounds so fun

LeilaJey- congrats on being so close. Major celebration when you get there

pixel- sounds like big stresses. hang in there. keep us posted.

Whew...that was a lot of reading and catching up in just one day! Sounds like everybody is kicking *** this month. I've noticed there are a few military people in here. My BF in in the Air Force and we are separated too. He was assigned to Denver in July and I'm in AK. JossFit you could hang out with him when you are there He's coming to visit Labor Day which is my motivation to be happy, healthy and looking good.

I'm going on a mini-vaction for two days starting tomorrow. That means eating dinner out. I'm a little nervous because when I get on track I don't like to shake up anything, but that's not realistic unless I plan on being a hermit. Have a great night ladies. I'll check in on Sunday with good news because I will/can make good choices!
fresh15again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #80  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Howdy all!
We're back from the roadtrip to Michigan (Krampus - we stayed in the Okemos area, but mom grew up in Owosso (by Flint). We also made a side trip up to Harrisville (by Lake Huron) to stay at an aunt's lake house -- beautiful!)

Spent almost as much time in the car as we did on dry land, but managed not to eat AT ALL on the road. This was a Major Victory (and his friend, Colonel Triumph ) Also managed to keep my "8PM cut off time" and "three meals a day, with nothing in between") Felt like those guidelines kept me in check so even though there were certain foods that factored heavily into the weekend *highlight for details* biscuits and gravy, banana bread, pie, and ice cream... I ended up just about where I was when I left (148.4) I am SO READY to be out of the 140's this month...

Woke up and went for a run first thing this morning (hurray!) then spent the rest of the day cleaning and organizing a bit more around the house. Ready and happy to return to work tomorrow.

(Joss - just have to say I can TOTALLY relate to the "just wanting to stuff your face for comfort's sake" syndrome, but it looks like you were able to manage your physical challenge, while not going completely off the rails. Your dressing looks amazing and props to you on the more streamlined way of eating. And a great big thanks for taking the time to do personals. It really means a lot. )

Make it a great one, everyone!!!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #81  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Well, last night was my anniversary of meeting my bf a year ago. He got me a Skagen watch (all black) and was like, "look, it's black and it's metal from Scandinavia just like you like!" My heart melted. I took him to Trader Joe's (just opened) and we had a picnic of fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, tabouleh, grape leaves, Greek salad and curry chicken salad at the airport while watching planes.

Then we got ice cream, sat by a large group of possibly "special" basement nerds who were singing and farting and laughing. We decided my bf should fart LOUDLY (dairy farts...he's mildly lactose resistant) at them when we got up to leave. He did and then we both laughed until we cried. The nerds gave him the thumbs-up.

My life is perfect. I slept well, got up and lifted. More sets than usual so I'm SORE. Weight went down, 126.0 - I have picnic leftovers and arugula salad and key lime flavored Greek yogurt for lunch. Friends are visiting from now til Sunday...

Alexistrophic Hooray for keeping your cutoff time and not wasting meals on crappy rest stop food. Sounds like you are off to a good start this week!

fresh15again I know exactly how you feel re: not wanting to break routine when you get into a healthy groove. Balancing socializing and eating well shouldn't be as difficult as it is.

pixellate Big hugs to you, I'd be really upset about the freezer issue and all that too...

ChickieChicks Really good to hear you don't feel headachey today. I feel the same way about Zumba. Dancing is one of those things I don't feel comfortable doing without a few drinks in me, but Zumba is a get out of jail free card.

CherryPie99 Oooh, Cascade! Have fun on the hike. Like JossFit said, there are far worse things than overeating fruit at a potluck.

JossFit Nice dressing! Greek yogurt is an amazing base for everything. My homemade dressings tend to revolve around mustard and olive or sesame oils, with a lot of lemon juice. Glad your Crossfit WOD was a little more challenging than the last time.

ion Feeling full is important. I personally like to bank my calories and eat two giant meals starting late in the day!

crazygurl61 I guess time just flies, haha. Eating out really is like a giant game of Frogger. No one will judge me on what I order unless they're a jerk, but I still feel weird sometimes getting salad or an app as my meal.

LeilaJey Yaaaay 10 stone! So near. I remember weighing myself in England and finding I was 10 stone back in 2006.

ValRock Nice work avoiding the pizza and donuts. How's living at home?

Mountain Mamma Oh boy, family reunions are a lot of pressure and a lot of food and a lot of "obligation" to try everything. Hang in there!

odalisque0 Welcome to the chat and good luck!

TurboMammoth Woooooo no more 140s! All that food sounds really healthy and delicious too. It's important I think to actually enjoy your food instead of resenting it for being healthy, haha.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #82  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

omg so many posts!!

odalisque : welcome! your goals are totally reasonable you can do this!

moutain_mamma : you seem to have a busy schedule coming around! maintaining is better than gaining.. hang in there!

pixellate : that sucksss sooo bad about your freezer! did you have a lot of stuff in it? and yeah, the 35 calories yogourt are really cool, they are only 100g portion fat free in tons of nice flavor, today was the crème caramel.. yummy!

valrock : not cracking with so much food in sight is a huge accomplishment... good job! when are you moving for good?

leilajey : yeah, cats are freack. his new cool spot is now hanging on a big orange plastic bag that we carried our laundry in back from vacations and he acts like it's the more comfy stuff ever. As you said, luckily they're cute ans soft you're so out soon of the 140! keep on rocking!

crazygurl : you're almost out of the 140 you too! keep going!

jossfit : if you feel comfortable this week, why not WI? you'll probably end up thinking about it all the time if you don't (I know I would!) you're dressing looks really yummy, I never tried to make a cesar one before. as you said, with chicken and parmesan, it's going to be delicious! Oh and, I don't know if it's a sign of the universe after talking about your cat, but mine puke 3 times during the night yesteray (the bf walked in one this morning) fuuuuun times LOL

Cherrypie : I red so many nice thing about Mont Cascade!!! I'm supposed to hike Adams later this fall and I can't WAIT! Have fun hiking!

Chicky: you must feel releive to be able to workout without getting all of those migraine afterward!! eating crap and still losing weight? What is you magic recipe?

fresh15 : have fun on your vacations!

Alexis : you rocked your eating in vacations stuff! I wished I could to the same! lol

krampus : it's nice to let the nerds-just-out-their-basements that they are not the king in farting land just because they say so! Happy anniversary to you and your bf!!

There is a LOT OF PEOPLE in here!!!! Oh la la!!

I went for a 6k run this morning and it was better than tuesday. I ran slower and it helped a lot... I still feel like I've lost some cardio though while I was away, even with the hiking and stuff. I got out my yoga mat this morning and did some abs for the first times in week. I was so bad, I really need to get back to this

OUr healthy eating stike is doing well, last night was salmon with ratatouille and a maple syrup/cognac sauce (I was light on the sauce) and tonight we are having home made stuffed pepper that I'll keep light in rice and oil

Random stuff : I tasted a chai tea latte for the first time last night. It was so the best thing ever! We had a great time the bf and I, we went alking to a little café, ordered some tea and a cookie to share and we just red there quietly for a while. I could easily become addict to this tea

Can't wait for the weekend, I want to sleep in sooo sooo bad!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #83  

Height: 5'4

It's like a second job keeping up in here lately!

CherryPie - that core synergistics workout is a butt-kicker... nicely done!

Pixelllate - Ugh, that blows about your freezer... all that hard work!

Chickie - If you're eating like "crap", but you're losing weight, does that just mean that you aren't satisfied with the quality of things you are eating? I thought you were my natural-eating soul sister! Put down the Cheeze-its! haha
I'm glad that you're feeling better though. Hopefully that keeps progressing and you feel 100% again soon.

Fresh15again - I did make that one in a magic bullet, but the recipe actually just said to whisk it. I got that one (and a bunch others) from cookinglight.com.
Is your BF out at Buckley AFB?
Good luck making good choices this weekend... I'm dealing with that myself. I have a big b-day party/BBQ on Saturday and I do NOT want to eat off plan. I'll probably just stop by for a bit and then leave before the peer pressure to drink starts up... haha

Alexis - I wish I didn't comfort/boredom eat, but I think that we all do it sometimes and I try not to beat myself up over it... just get back on plan and continue on from there. It's hard being away from my hubby though.
That's awesome that you did so well on your trip! I did really well in Vegas and stuck to most of my "rules" that I set too... it's a huge confidence booster isn't it? I only ended up really gaining like 1.2 pounds, which is pretty good for 5 days in Las Vegas!

Krampus - It sounds like you and your BF had a fantastic night out... congrats on the anniversary, and life in general! I'm glad you're so happy right now, but I'm SUPER JEALOUS you have a TJs in that area. I would do horrible things for a Whole Foods or Trader Joes nearby, but the closest ones are 1.5 hours away so that's a heck of a trip to make.
Good thing my hubby has some nearby his place... one more thing to look forward to!

Turbo - I guess that's just it, I DON'T feel comfortable this week. I am pissed at myself for working so hard to get the Vegas pounds off and back to 116 (which was exactly where I wanted to be) only to turn around that very day and EAT MY FACE OFF for 2 days straight. I guess I just don't want to see it on the scale. I KNOW I gained, but I figure if I give myself another week it will be gone by then.
I think I just don't want to put myself in a bad mood over it.
Chai tea lattes are like the best thing ever, but they are so bad for you if you make them the traditional way with lots of milk and sugar... eek! I have found mixes out there that are a little better, but they aren't something I have unless I'm being "naughty".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry so short on the personals today, but this thread is moving fast!

My salad dressing turned out okay... it was a bit too acidic, so I think next time I will use a bit more yogurt and 1TBS less lemon juice and see how that goes. It was still pretty good, and I feel better about eating my salad with that than the pre-packaged salads I usually grab (that have like franken-chicken and little crostini made out of lord knows what... they're so damn good though!)

I had been using a lot of FF/SF Jello pudding mix (adding it to food makes things sooo creamy and yummy -- cottage cheese, oatmeal, etc) but it's nothing but chemicals so I was sort of missing it a bit. I dug around and found out that glucomannon powder can be used as a natural thickener for things like pudding, shakes, ice creams, etc. Most of the recipes I found used that in conjunction with some sort of sugar free flavored syrup, but I figure I can get the same effect using natural extracts. I ordered some, and I can't wait to experiment with it!

Today was a cardio day, so I hopped on the stair machine for a while then proceeded to test out the leg with some running. It felt okay, but I stopped doing that after about 20 minutes because my shorts were starting to rub on my leg hole a bit. Running in and of itself didn't bother it though, so thats good.

I also got the results of my Public Speaking DSST that I took back in June today... and I passed! Whoot! That completes my degree requirements for this Associates, so I'm glad that I will have finished that before I separate from the Air Force. Just one more thing to add to my resume's and whatnot.

Last edited by JossFit; 08-09-2012 at 05:54 PM.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #84  
Absolutely Fabulous

S/C/G: 150/132.2/<120

Height: 5'6

Wow, I really can't keep up with all the posts here!

Thumbs up for all of you eating so well and working out because for me it's not going too well. Apparently, my luck is against me because, after I sprained my ankle last week, I caught an eye infection and on top of that I had some dental problems ... all in less than two weeks. As a result, I have not been able to go the gym for the last few days. So frustrating because I really wanted to go.

As for my eating plan: also failing. As I explained before, I try to eat completely raw during the week, but this week I have not been able to keep this up. I eat well at work but when I get home I eat pasta or Bounty Ice Cream Bars (so good but sooooooo bad ). Anyway I still lose weight, which is completely not logical but that seems to be a normal thing for my body. It makes it so difficult to eat good, but on the other hand I don't only want to lose weight but also eat healthy. AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH ... just had to get this out of my system.

Thank you for "listening" I have to go now, but I will give a more detailed reply to you all in the weekend!
Miley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #85  
ion
go go go!

Height: 5'2"

fresh15, i hope so!!

krampus, how do you keep from getting hungry until then? maybe i should skip breakfast on mornings i'm not hungry.

today was crazy. had my lunch at work - 450 healthy calories of protein and veggies, and a bottle of water - and i was hungry just an hour later. my stomach really doesn't want to get used to this. :\ was hungry for 3 hours until my coworker came in, then i binged on bagels someone brought in, bleh. at least i'm only at 1563 cals, i think i earned a lot of those moving heavy things haha. oh well.

Last edited by ion; 08-09-2012 at 08:09 PM.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #86  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion View Post
today was crazy. had my lunch at work - 450 healthy calories of protein and veggies, and a bottle of water - and i was hungry just an hour later.
Did you have any fats in that meal? A little bit can go a long way toward curbing that appetite.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #87  
ion
go go go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
Did you have any fats in that meal? A little bit can go a long way toward curbing that appetite.
hmm, here's everything in it:

3 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 boca meatless chik'n patties
steamed green beans

myfitnesspal says 15 g fat...
Old 08-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #88  

ion - I fast in the daytime. Iced coffee kills my appetite, and if I still feel it, I just kinda sit through it and it fades! Even if it doesnt, by then I only have a few hours until my feeding window. Then when I get home I FEAST. Its soooo worth having a big meal instead of a lil ol 400 cal one.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:25 AM   #89  
ion
go go go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
ion - I fast in the daytime. Iced coffee kills my appetite, and if I still feel it, I just kinda sit through it and it fades! Even if it doesnt, by then I only have a few hours until my feeding window. Then when I get home I FEAST. Its soooo worth having a big meal instead of a lil ol 400 cal one.
wow! intermittent fasting? how long did it take for you to get used to that?
Old 08-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #90  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

ion: I'm not a "natural" breakfast eater. On 9-5 work days, I guess I get hungry but it's "manageable" until I decide to eat lunch between 1-3 PM. Coffee and lots of water until then. I recommend trying Greek yogurt, find one with not a lot of sugar in it (plain and vanilla are lower in sugar than the fruity ones). I find it's impossible to feel HUNGRY after that. Also, my lunches are typically high volume - think 6 oz of salad, 4 oz of meat, cheese, dressing made from sesame oil, a whole pepper chopped up, maybe hard boiled eggs too.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote